2012 Ca State Show, Sacramento, CA Jan 21-22, 2012

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are over halfway through the standard show. We just did the 50/50 raffle which was won by Rhonda Marin (Shahna's mom) and she is donating it back to the club.

Congrats to the winners! And a big thank you to everyone that answered my endless questions, and to Tabitha for showing me how to groom. We learned a lot, mostly I learned how much I don't know! It was nice to be able to match faces with names and I really enjoyed getting to watch the judges at work. The booklet you guys put together is so informative-- really happy I purchased that!

My girls didn't win at the baby derby, which is to be expected since they had adorable competition that were actual babies. But we won two door prizes (a crock to bake brie in, and my daughter picked out a crystal necklace) and of course went home with tons of goodies for the chins. Amazingly, I didn't go home with a new chin. Next time. ;)

Good luck to everyone at the standard show!

Last edited:
Standard Show

Class 1
CC - Sumiko De La Vega
RCC - Shahna Thomas (bred by RCR)

Class 2
CC - Nan Ebiner
RCC - Sumiko De La Vega

Class 3
CC - Casey Craner
RCC - Diamond Blue

Class 4
CC - Casey Craner
RCC - Diamond Blue

Class 5
CC - Diamond Blue
RCC - Sumiko De La Vega

Class 6
CC - Diamond Blue
RCC - Diamond Blue

Class 7
CC - Diamond Blue
RCC - Diamond Blue

Class 8
CC - Diamond Blue
RCC - Shahna Thomas

Class 9
CC - Diamond Blue
RCC - Shahna Thomas (bred by Dark Star)
.... to be continued

Class 10
CC - Diamond Blue
RCC - Nan Ebiner (bred by Bowen Chinchillas)

Grand Show - class 7 - Diamond Blue
Reserve Grand Show - class 2 - Nan Ebiner

Breeder Awards
1st - Diamond Blue - 20 animals - 133 pts
2nd - Sumiko De La Vega - 20 animals - 114 pts
3rd - Casey Craner - 15 animals - 81 pts
4th - Tabitha Hong - 16 animals - 75 pts
5th - Sarah Ralston - 15 animals - 71 pts

Jr Breeder (top 5 animas)
1st - Sumiko - 34 pts
2nd - Sarah - 30 pts
3rd - Shahna - 28 pts

Congrats to all the winners. Shahna and Sumiko, plus the rest of the club did a great job putting the show on. It was a great show. I never seen that many people at this show.

Correction: Class 10 RCC standard was bred by Dark Star.

Sorry for that mistake! I felt like a chicken with its head cut off this weekend! lol

Congratulations Shahna, Sumiko, Nan, Bill, and to all the other show winners! Sounds like you guys had a great show. Wish I could have made it, maybe next year.

This show was such a huge success and it was run wonderfully! Thank you Shahna for putting in over 100 hours to make sure this show would be memorable and of course Sumiko did a great job on the points table and the baby derby! The banquet was so large, I couldn't even see everyone at the tables and the food was absolutely delicious, hot and just a great choice for a venue.

I'm glad I didn't bring too many mutations so that I had an opportunity to groom all but the beige of Shahna's top animals. Maybe I'll have to take someone up on a job offer of being their personal grooming slave, lol!

Hopefully even more people will be able to attend next year and since I won't be in school, the sleep deprivation won't have me hallucinating a passenger on the drive home! Thank you Sarah and Ryan for keeping me up and chatty via the phone all the way home!

I hope everyone got home safely. It was great to see everyone there, especially those that came from so far just for our show. The Craners, the Neubauers, and Lynn and it was great to see so many pet people there! The vendor booths with all the supplies could have been a show all its own. It was great to see Debbie again and all of her awesome supplies and it was good to see a lot of the younger ranchers and breeders with inventive supplies geared towards pet owners.

Man, you Cali Girls know how to put on a show!!!

This was, without a doubt, the biggest and best show I have ever attended!!! The banquet was larger than the 3 Nationals that I have been to!!!

Everyone did a fabulous job of organizing and then executing a memorable show. Lots of great people and oh, my, the gorgeous chinnies!!! Can't get enough of them. The Baby Derby was fun and cute. I voted for 2 of the eventual winners. Even though Miss Mousey, the tailess chin didn't win, she was adorable and deserved it!!! She got my vote.

I just can't wait for the show next year -- this can only get bigger and better!!! I applaud the commitment and hard work that you young girls have put into the industry. You will truly be the next generation of the "Big Ranchers"!!! I'm proud to be able to say I knew you when!!! :hearts:

Congratulations to all the attendees, exhibitors, vendors and eventual winners for such a great weekend!!!

The show was most definitely a successful one on many levels. Thank you to everyone that participated. The door prizes were amazing and there were so many to give away!

The support that we got from the participants at this show was unbelievable. I'm fairly certain we had between 60-70 people in attendance.

The trophies were fully sponsored, we had over 15 show book sponsors, 4 very nice animal donations (which brought in a very healthy amount of money to the club).

I was extremely excited to take home the 1st place Mutation breeder award and the GSC Mutation with a black velvet.

Congrats also to Diamond Blue, who took home 1st Place Breeder Award and GSC for Standards. After checking over the points (and realizing we missed a few), Diamond Blue took the Breeder award with 136 points! WOW...

For those of you that couldn't make it, we would love to have you next year... you won't be dissapointed. ;)

I was very impressed with all the hard-working "younger generation." It's great to see. Sumiko, you were the picture of cool-headedness, and all of you looked very together and organized.

Loved the Black and Bling theme too! I made new friends, bought enough supplies for a year, and can't wait for my next show.

Grats to all! The show was a great success and I hope to see that many attend in the future. I had a great time getting to know everyone better and hope we can continue doing so in the future.

Latest posts

Back