2012 Ca State Show, Sacramento, CA Jan 21-22, 2012

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to late to buy your animal raffle tickets. Delivery to Nationals is a possibility (send me a PM or e-mail to work out the details). Contact me prior to noon on Saturday to buy tickets via Paypal. The animals will be raffled off at the banquet.

These are the animals donated:

- Darkstar Standard Male: I haven't actually seen this boy, but from the sounds of it he is spectacular!

- Standard Female Donated by Sumiko (Chinchilla Chateau).

- Standard Male from Sarah out of two Bowen GSC's (a 1st place animal).

- Black Velvet Male out of two very nice Somavia parents. (RIDG A-17: there is a picture on my for sale thread).

I missed my edit window...

I have had a few questions on how the animal raffle will happen. The first ticket pulled will get first choice of their animal, 2nd ticket pulled will get 2nd choice, and so on.

If you will not be at the show, when you PM me with the number of tickets you wish to purchase, please include a list in order of preference for the animals you would like.

For those of you attending the show, tickets may be purchased up until 5 minutes prior to the drawing.

Have a safe flight Lynn!

I'm waiting for my first class to start. I should be on the way to the show from my house around 4-5pm. Hopefully earlier if I can get away with it!

Yep, I'm a college student...thankfully in my last year! Makes getting to shows super fun since I have two assignments due on Sunday night and a midterm next Wednesday.

The standard female I am donating is out of a Dark Star sire and one of my best-producing females in terms of breedability and litter size. She took 1st place at the '11 State Show and Reserve Class Champion at the CA Spring Show '11. Judges comments were "tight fur, good conformation, good belly and veiling. Nice type female." She should be a very good breeder for whoever wins her. I have been very pleased with all her sisters I have kept.

My daughter Livvy and I should get to the hotel around 6. Will there be someone in the show hall at that time that can help us get our chins situated?

Looking forward to it! Safe travels, everyone.

See all of you guys tomorrow!! If anyone is wondering who I am, I'll be the one with the guy in the Handbag hat lol. He's insisting on wearing it! We'll see if he actually does hahaha.

This has been an awesome show with an amazing turnout! We had 120 mutations today with 17 exhibitors and we already have 133 animals registered for tomorrow's standard show.

Here are the results:

Whites
CC - Shahna Thomas
RCC - Jerry and Joanne Craner

Violet
CC - Shahna Thomas
RCC - Chiniverse

Beige
CC - Sumiko De La Vega
RCC - Shahna Thomas

Ebony
CC - Pam Oldham
RCC - Therese Gorostiza

Black Velvet
CC - Shahna Thomas
RCC - Nan Ebiner

GSC - BV - Shahna Thomas
RGSC - BV - Nan Ebiner

Congrats to the winners!

Our banquet was also a huge success! We had 50 people attending our banquet at the Old Spaghetti Factory.

We held our awards ceremony back at the hotel. The results:

Mutation Breeder Awards
1st - Shahna Thomas with 20 animals and 111 pts
2nd - Jerry/Joanne Craner with 17 animals and 91 pts
3rd - Sumiko De La Vega with 10 animals and 52 pts
4th - Danny with 12 animals and 48 pts
5th - TIE - Sarah Ralston -10 animals - 44 pts
Pam Oldham - 8 animals and 44 pts

Junior Breeder (top 5 animals)
1st - Shahna - 39 pts
2nd - Sumiko - 32 pts
3rd - Sarah - 27 pts

Live Animal Raffle:

Danny Miller won the standard female donated by me and the standard male donated by Dark Star
Doug Griffith won the BV donated by Shahna
David Walters won the standard male donated by Sarah Ralston

Thank you to everyone who donated and purchased animals! We sold 150 tickets!

We also had a baby derby for fun with 19 entries. 1st place - Summer Hale, 2nd place - Pam Oldham, 3rd place - Erika Panagabko, 4th place - Nancy Gao

This has been an incredible show and we are so happy to see our members who traveled so far to support our club! Everyone is having a great time and can't wait for the standard show tomorrow!

Back