2012 Ca State Show, Sacramento, CA Jan 21-22, 2012

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shahna

** 2012 California ECBC State Show **
Sacramento, CA
January 21 - 22, 2012

Event Location / Lodging:

Ramada Inn & Suites
(see attachment for more details)

JUDGES:
Ralph Shoots
Donna Read
Possible Trainee Judge

Schedule:

SATURDAY, 1/21/12
6:00 am - 10:00 am: GROOMING *No grooming permitted after 10am*
10:00 am: Mutation Live Animal Show
12:00 pm - 1:00: Lunch Break
1:00 pm: Mutation Live Animal Show Continued
6:30 pm: Banquet (Old Spaghetti Factory - see attachment)
Live Animal Raffle
Awards Presentation

SUNDAY, 1/22/12​

6:00 am - 10:00 am: GROOMING *No grooming permitted after 10am*
10:00 am: Standard Live Animal Show
12:00 pm - 1:00: Lunch Break (depending on number of entries)
Standard awards ceremony after show​

Show Chair:

Shahna Thomas - email: [email protected]

No charge for admission to the event.
$6.00 per animal for members,
$8.00 per animal for non-members

Special Events:

Animal Raffle
Donations so far by:

Dark Star
Sumiko De La Vega
Shahna Thomas (Black Velvet from Somavia Lines)

Door Prize Raffle
50/50 Drawing

Other Info:

Junior breeder awards - for those with 7 years or less breeding and showing experience, points counted for the top 5 animals entered.

Silent Auction Show:

Listing Prices: $75 minimum/ $500 maximum, Silent Auction format. Bid increment 10%, minimum $10. The Silent Auction will end 15 minutes after the announcement of the Grand Show Champion for Mutations and Standards.

**10% of all animal sales during the show weekend, is payable to the CA ECBC Group by the selling rancher/breeder, regardless if the animal is shown or not.**​

Attachments

• Lodging, Show and Banquet Info.pdf
    401 KB · Views: 81
  • Donations, Tickets and Advertising.pdf
    82.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited by a moderator:
Traveling to California

For those of you that will be flying in, the Sacramento International Airport is only about 10 miles away from the event location. The California ECBC Group will be providing transportation on Friday afternoon / evening and Sunday afternoon. Please PM me or e-mail me at: [email protected] to make arrangements.

For those of you that will be driving in from the East, if snow is in the forecast over the Sierra Nevada Mountains, I highly recommend travel through that area during the daytime hours.

Detailed weather information is available at http://www.dot.ca.gov/cgi-bin/roads.cgi.

I will be there...very late on Friday night which won't be a problem since I am bringing mostly standards. I may have one or two mutations to show, but since my blacks didn't give me anything this year, I won't have much to show there. Should have a few standards as well depending on what I sell before then and how the younger ones grow out. ;)

Just booked my flight!!! I arrive at 10:54 a.m. What will I do for entertainment...what time could somebody pick me up, or, is there a shuttle to the hotel??? :)

Only a few weeks left to make your hotel reservations at the reduced price. Last day is 12/20/2011. Reservations at (916) 371-2100.

I will be accepting advertisements until January 12, 2012... a great opportunity to get your name and website out there.

We are still in need of trophy sponsors... The trophy donators name or ranch brand will be placed on the trophy. Please pm me or e-mail me for more information. Thank you in advance.

[email protected]

If there is any interest, I can get some toy items made up from Susan (AZchins) for this show. I will also have hay boxes with me at discounted prices.

I think Shahna should have fleece items as well. I know her daughter, Amber, makes some really awesome fleece items.

I was hoping Shahna might also have more kiwi wood. I sent her a PM awhile ago but didn't hear back about that. If you talk to her, Tabitha, could you ask?

I don't think Shahna does wood any more.

I can bring Blue Cloud dust and rocks but I need to know ahead of time.

It looks like I should have kiwi again this year at show, and we will also have an assortment of fleece items. Please let us know ahead of time if there is something in particular you would like.

Listed below are the trophies that have been sponsored, and the trophies we still need sponsors for are blank.

Standard Trophy Donations
1st Place Breeder Award - Tabitha Hong
2nd Place Breeder Award - Norra Horton
3rd Place Breeder Award - Monique Miller
4th Place Breeder Award ($25)-
5th Place Breeder Award ($25)-

1st Place Junior Breeder Award ($20)-
2nd Place Junior Breeder Award ($20)-
3rd Place Junior Breeder Award ($20)-

Grand Show Champion - Rod & Donna Read
Reserve Grand Show Champion - Sumiko De La Vega
3rd Best of Show - Ecliptic Inc.

Mutation Trophy Donations

1st Place Breeder Award - Ecliptic Inc.
2nd Place Breeder Award - Diamond Blue Chinchilla Ranch
3rd Place Breeder Award ($25)-
4th Place Breeder Award ($25)-
5th Place Breeder Award ($25)-

1st Place Junior Breeder Award ($20)-
2nd Place Junior Breeder Award ($20)-
3rd Place Junior Breeder Award ($20)-

Grand Show Champion - Shahna Thomas
Reserve Grand Show Champion - Sarah Ralston
3rd Best of Show - Ecliptic Inc.

Thank you for your support!

Shahna and the CA ECBC Group

Last edited:
Thanks for the kick in the butt! I totally forgot about this. I will donate 1st mute junior breeder trophy. Check will be in the mail tomorrow! w00t!

I'll do 1st Standard Junior Breeder award.

May I pay all of my fees, banquet, etc. with Paypal??? Just let me know...

Latest posts

Back