2012 Ca State Show, Sacramento, CA Jan 21-22, 2012

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have a pet chin or an adorable baby a bit too young to show in the Mutation and Standard Shows, here is your chance to enter them in the Baby Derby! The Grand Prize is a huge basket filled with chinchilla goodies and fleece accessories donated by Chinchilla Chateau and Ridge Chinchillas.

This will be a fun contest for the "cutest" chin on Saturday, January 21st during the Mutation Show, voted on by the audience.

Date: Saturday, January 21, 2012
Entry fee: $4 per chinchilla
Age Limit: Weaned kits to adults (no maximum age limit)

Grand Prize: A gift basket filled with chews, toys, and fleece accessories
Donated by Chinchilla Chateau and Ridge Chinchillas

This side-event will be held the same day as the Mutation Show. Chins must be registered for the Baby Derby BEFORE the Mutation Show begins.

Please contact Sumiko De La Vega at [email protected] for more information.

Attachments

• babyderby2.doc
    54 KB · Views: 23
I just want to let everyone know that Chinchillas To Go will be at the show as a vendor!

They will have a large booth with manzanita, pine, apple wood, grape vine
madrone and mulberry toys, Manzanita wall mounts, swings, T-tubes, multiple hole carriers and a few cages. They also will have feed and dust.
If anyone wants to contact them ahead to put in an order they can at [email protected]. Or if you want to contact them over the phone, please PM me for the number.

If anyone needs 50 pound bags of dust or rocks send me a pm since I will be limited on space.

javachin - The chins entered in the baby derby do not need ear-tagged.

ANIMAL RAFFLE:
I will be donating RIDG A-17.... there is a picture on my animal sale thread.

Darkstar will be donating a Standard Male.

***I may be able to deliver a chin to Nationals if you would like to buy tickets and you can't make it to the show. PM or email me for more info. Tickets are $5 each.***

Will there be ECBC membership applications available at the show? I figured becoming a member and paying dues might be a good way to support the community. :))

Two more questions: what is a baby derby? I am picturing baby chins running amok, somehow I don't think this is what it is. I am bringing two of my pet chins to the show, and would like a chance to win a basket of goodies, but not sure what it entails.

Also, how do I purchase banquet tickets? I see the price, not sure who I give the money to. I'd love to use paypal. I'm sure the answer is somewhere and I just am not seeing it.

Sorry for all the newbie questions. :wacko:

Missed my edit time.

Next question, called the hotel and they told me that there is a $25 per animal fee. Is this true? This sounds pretty steep for those of you bringing a full string! If not, can you tell me what I need to say about the chinnies when checking in?

Kate, I think that the 2 chins that you are bringing to the show will be checked in at the show and remain in the show hall the entire time.

I this isn't correct, I'm sure someone else will know...

The baby derby is like a chinchilla show for babies but instead of being judged on coats, they are judged on how cute they are. They also aren't judged by the actual judges for the show, but by the attendees. They sit safely in cages and look adorable.

You will be able to join at the show, but you can also join through the empress website and use paypal.

I'm not sure that the CA group has a paypal account set up, but for payment for the banquet you can send a PM or email to Shahna.

Okay, thanks Tabitha. Do the chins stay in the show hall on Friday night? If so, is there a certain time they need to get there by? I'm not planning on getting there until later Friday evening.

Email sent to Shahna for banquet tickets and one to Sumiko for the baby derby.

The chinchillas generally stay in the show hall all of Friday night and Saturday night. The $25 fee should only be for keeping animals in your hotel room and that's generally just to cover the extra clean up. If you do decide to keep animals in your room, please bring a sheet to place under them that you can shake out outside and minimize the rooms getting dirty. Making good impressions with the hotels helps us get good deals with them in the future. :D

Thank you Tabitha.

You are correct, the $25 animal fee is if you choose to leave them in your room. The show hall is the best place for them, it will be locked when unattended.

It is not to late to purchase banquet tickets... please send me an e-mail at [email protected]

Thanks and look forward to seeing you there! I will post available banquet menu selections shortly.

Banquet menu

I have attached the menu for the banquet. Please e-mail me your selection at your earliest convenience. Some menu items, indicated by an *, require a final count number and therefore need to be selected by 1/12/12.

Banquet tickets are $25 or ($18 for children under 16) if purchase by January 12, 2012.

Tickets purchased after January 12, 2012 will be $30 each.

Attachments

• Banquet Selections.pdf
    51.4 KB · Views: 21
Hey, Cali girls -- what is the weather like in Sacramento in January???? I'm used to wearing a cashmere sweater and down vest in the show hall. Will that be too warm to be running around on Friday when I arrive??? Just wondering...

It has been an unusual year so far. We are still in sweater weather here, between 50 - 65 during the day. We haven't even gotten much weather yet either. So, if the patterns continue, I would say leave your Rocky Mountain gear and hand warmers at home ;)

Latest posts

Back