Who's watching American Idol?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so glad Anoop made it...Not to step on anyone's favorites but I really don't think Scott is that good. Tatiyanna was annoying and I was considering naming my next chin that but guess not now...I think the girl with the KoolAid red hair and the rocker guy and the guy who's wife died are my favorites so far (sleepy can't think of names zzzz). I like Meghan but she kept doing this weird twisting dance move while she was singing that was just odd and distracting when she sang last week...did she do it again tonight? I didnt catch the whole show.

Sorry Stackie, because I really love you (even though you love Tom Brady) but I'm with Peggy--I don't not like Adam because he's gay ( I am a closet George Michael fan--get it--closet? HA! I crack myself up) he screeches which sounds horrid and he is a bit over dramatic--almost like a hip and cool Nathaniel. I think America will judge him based on the fact he's gay. America is very unforgiving, which is probably why it took Clay forever to come out.
So how bizaare we have top 13 and not top 12. I missed the both Matt and Anoop made it, I thought just Matt had, so we have Megan, Jasmine and Matt and Anoop joining the group. I wanted Ricky Braddy but when he did Superstition that's the kiss of death. The judges never like anyone doing Stevie Wonder--one of these days I hope they'll feel the same about Elvis.
I thought it was poor choices on Tatiana's and Anoop's part to sing a song they've already done. The judges wanted to hear something new tonight. So it was the kiss of death for Tatiana but not Anoop--strange.Personally I wanted to see both Anoop and Ricky get through so I'm sad Ricky didn't make it, but I'm pleased with the choices they made tonight based on the performances of tonight.
On a lighter note I thought Von was very gracious during the whole thing because he was pretty good, just not good enough.
My top 3 picks so far are: Danny, Alexis and Scott--but Scott for now is the whole blind thing--and I want to hear him on the piano. It's an interesting top 12--any predictions on who will be the first to go?

Last edited:
I am so excited for this season and am really stoked for the top 13 haha
theres so much talent this year! Danny, Adam, and Matt are my tops
and Scott and Anoop.. I have quite a few favs this round and I am just
really happy to get it actually started haha

i am thinking the males are gonna dominate this year haha

Gee, thanks for those of us who haven't watched it yet because we are in different time zones!

Umm...isn't there is a line that states "Caution, this forum may contain spoilers!!!"

Umm...isn't there is a line that states "Caution, this forum may contain spoilers!!!"

There is, but you'll notice nobody else mentioned it. They left it to be a "surprise." I have to record AI and watch it after 11:00 when my shift is done at work. It would be nice to see how it unfolds on it's own. I don't mind people saying this one sang well or that one was bad, but it would have been nice to watch the results to find out who was not chosen.

Lanny - I think the males are going to dominate as well. I was seriously wondering if they were going to move some girls up to kind of even it out a bit.

Danny's still my favorite, but I do like that little redheaded girl. She's got a mighty powerful "set of chops." <gag>

Well it won't happen again. Sorry! I just assumed that when it said there would be spoilers in this thread that people read this thread at their own risk. Sorry again! :(

I just found out about the "twist". I had DVR'd it and so missed the last few minutes. Buh-bye Tatiana!!! She does have a voice but is so so so annoying and I cant stand that drama junk. She cooked her own goose singing the same song again though.

The spoilers for the most part pertains to movies and books. Knowing there's others who watch the shows at a later time, we try to wait until everyone's had a chance to watch the show (usually about 3-4 hours after EST) to start posting 'spoilers'.

Peggy don't make me have to "chop" you! I do like the red haired girl as well but I thought Felicia Barton was really good and expected her to advance over Jasmine--BUT I like Jasmine she's a sweet girl. So far of the girls I like Alexis, I like the bluesy singing voice of hers. I'm not a Noop Dog fan yet, sorry. I'm going for Danny all the way--and he's a hometown (kinda, Racine is right next to Milwaukee) boy!

I think Felecia Barton was really good too, but I'm with you, girl wise it's Alexis. Overall though, hands down, it's Danny. Frankly, I was surprised Anoop got through.

We (the judges) seem to be losing focus on what this is, just like on DWTS and SYTYCD. This is NOT a personality contest. It's a TALENT contest. Anoop appeals to the crowd because he's fun, but in the end, I'm not going to see him when I play a CD, am I? No, I'm going to have to hear him and he's just not that good. I think it's the same way with Adam Lambert. I think girls are swooning over his looks (love truly is blind) and his Mick Jagger like attitude when he's performing, but how exactly does that translate into actually having to listen to him on a CD or on the radio? It doesn't.

If you're voting because you think someone is cute or because you think he's entertaining, then we may as well all join VFTW.com and go with whoever they choose. They aren't going for talent either.

I agree with you Peggy.

I was pretty happy that Scott made it through. Do I think he will make it to the end-no but I was happy to see him advance. He looks uncomfortable though.

My fav's are Allison and Danny right now.

Jessica

LOL I saw that a few days ago.

Doesn't make a difference to me if he's gay, bi, straight, purple etc ROFL I honestly like him the best because he can really sing. I like others too, dont' get me wrong...lil rounds is really good as well as Danny Gokey.....but Adam is my fave for singing alone....doesn't hurt that he's cute though HE HE

Seems that people either love him or hate him.

I just now got to watch finally, I avoided this threat until now too...LOL. I knew ya'll would be talkin about it. I am SO GLAD Tatianna is gone....whew! It's going to get interesting now.

So I definitely think for the most part the girls kicked butt. Alexis was great I think. And Megan. Their performances were my favorites.

Predictions for tomorrow? (Including for this new.... change?)

Oh, and has anyone else noticed how many more parents are in this year? So many of them are young parents.

I think Adam, Allison, Alexis, Danny, and Lil will go through. Those were my favorites last night. Did not like Anoop. I think Adam was my favorite for guys and Allison was for girls.

Jessica

My fav's for the night were: Danny, Adam, Allison, Matt and Alexis. I wanted to like Scott's song more, but I didn't. His piano playing as was Matt's--excellent. Allison can rock the heck out of a song and I really hope to hear some Melissa Etheridge and Joan Jett out of this little girl.

For the most part I thought everyone else was a bit forgettable, but I do like Chris. I'm not an Anoop fan.

Tonight Adam TOTALLY reminded me of who I consider the first American Idol--Sam Harris, who was the first winner on Star Search. He has the same voice as Sam and considering his penchant for youtube I'm sure he's seen Sam's video blog. Plus he's theatrical and anyone and everyone in theatre better know Sam Harris.

The very best part of the night--Kara didn't once say you do or do not have the chops to sing that song sweetie! I LOVED that part.

Overall I thought the song choices were okay--there's a lot of Michael Jackson out there and it wasn't even touched--I'm glad Alexis did Dirty Diana I always liked that song, but then felt bad for liking it! HA! Her dress was WAY too short though--come on girl don't be showing off your woo-woo to half the nation for crying out loud!

Okay Peggy it's your turn are we in sync or not?

i think adam, danny, alison and scott are safe for sure for this week
danny was my fav of the night, and adam was my other fav haha
i was pretty sad anoop didnt do better though.. i had higher hopes for him..
but we will see who is out tomorrow

and i think the new change is that there going to make it like so you think you can dance, and have a sing off, for there lifes and then the judges decide who goes home..
I am just guessing though, but I think thats what it might be..

We're pretty much on the same page Laurie. I still think Adam is overblown and over the top. His vocals were okay, but absolutely no different than any other time he has performed. By the third or fourth week, he's going to be way past boring and I'm going to heavily employ the fast forward button. Geez dude - shake it up a little! Stop with the screaming and start with the singing!

Danny's still my favorite. Alexis was awesome. Sometimes the judges comments just boggle the mind.

Anybody else notice Paula's not all sweetness and light this year? She's actually being pretty rude for Paula. Do you think it's because she feels the competition from Kara? Does anybody feel Kara adds ANYTHING to the show that wasn't there before? I don't think she's going to give any higher raitings than if my dog sat there panting. Mostly, she's just annoying.

I haven't watched the show yet but I agree, Kara doesn't really add anything and the "chops" comments are just plain annoying. Then again, Paula annoys me as well...I think the dope...er...whatever she takes really messes with her speech and I can't stand listening to her talk sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back