Who's watching American Idol?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scott sang Wild Angels by Martina McBride who is an opry member. How the h e double hockey sticks could no one sing Vince Gill? What the flip? And then no one even sang Randy Travis and he mentored.
I don't think Alexis should have gone home. Michael Sarver and Lil Rounds should have definitely gone before Alexis. I don't even know how Allison wound up in the bottom 3 because she is a powerhouse!
Alexis did not do a good job of Jolene.
NOW TO THE IMPORTANT STUFF . . .

TROUBLE is NOT a country song. T-R-O-U-B-L-E is an Elvis song--not a Travis Tritt song even though Travis did it. So again I have to say PLEASE DON'T BUTCHER ELVIS ON AMERICAN IDOL!!

of the bottom 3, I thought Michael should have gone home even though Alexis murdered Joleen...she is a better singer than he is.

I'm very disappointed that Alexis went home, and that stupid sing off at the end is ridiculous. She was so upset about leaving that she cried half way through it, she sounded even worse than the first time she did it.

It sucks that the voting public cohse ONE song to hold against her instead of all the good songs she did. I still don't understand why Michael is even there to begin with. I haven't liked him from the first time he sang, and I don't think he's improved now.

And honestly if the voting public is going to choose best on one song then why didn't Adam get the boot with that awful rendition of Ring of Fire? And you just know the judges would have used their save for Adam--except maybe not Simon!

I am suprised micheal is still there also, I mean there are far better singers there than him, hes not bad, but he is not nearly as good either.

and I was sooo shocked that adam wasnt in the bottem 3... I love him and was very happy hhahah, but i so sure he was gone after that terribly weird and kinda freaky performance hahha, although it wasnt so much his singing that was weird, well it kinda was but the citar thing was a little weird, for a johnny cash song!!

and Alexis, I was really suprised they didnt use the save on her, they really liked her, but she wasn't really a fav amoung people I guess.. and my dad had a good point, Ryan shouldn't have been saying "your on the tour" cause if they did save her, then the whole top ten would have been messed up.. but we dont have to worry about that anymore haha

I absolutely DREAD country week, I'm not a country fan and to me it really constricts how people can show off their talent. If the country-genre IS them, than of course it's ok.

Alexis- Sad to see her go, I feel like she hasn't found her niche yet but sadly this is how AI goes. If they don't find their niche FAST they get eliminated.

Adam- Ugh, that performance was ridiuclous, strange, weird, crazy, etc etc etc. Adam...is a show in hisself but it's not the type of show that I like.

Allison- I'm a big Allison fan, I love her "Heart" sound but again, country limits her because that's just not her thing. She did ok though.

Anoop- He did AMAZING. The song didn't have that country feel, but that's defintely ok by me. I'm glad he did it, because he saved himself.

Danny- Very sad. I like him a lot, but that was awful.

Lil- Again, she strayed totally away from her R&B/Mary J. Blige niche and it was very disappointing. I really like her so I'm glad she stayed.

Matt- He has that boy band-soul feel and I like it as well, again the song strayed away from country, but it was good.

Kris, Megan, Michael and Scott are just ok for me. Megan definitely has a unique sound...like Nelly Furtado....which I do like. But her being sick and that song was not good for me. And not to sound heartless, but I feel like they are keeping Scott on because he's blind...I don't care for his sound.

I'm always last to pipe in because I don't have a lot of time during the week to watch the show unfortunately, but at least by then everyone's seen it! LOL.

I'm always last to pipe in because I don't have a lot of time during the week to watch the show unfortunately, but at least by then everyone's seen it! LOL.

NOPE! I still havent watched it! I have it recorded.. I just worked 7 days in a row and get off of work at 2-3 am and I havent had time..

I too hate country week. There is some country I like but I dont like most of it so to have them butcher a song that I already dont like.. yea I hate it. But from reading the responses on here to this week Im excited to watch it.

I have tomorrow off.. Maybe sleep will take a back seat tomorrow..

ETA by tomorrow I mean today..after I wake up... see Im so behind Im a day behind!

NOPE! I still havent watched it! I have it recorded.. I just worked 7 days in a row and get off of work at 2-3 am and I havent had time..

I too hate country week. There is some country I like but I dont like most of it so to have them butcher a song that I already dont like.. yea I hate it. But from reading the responses on here to this week Im excited to watch it.

I have tomorrow off.. Maybe sleep will take a back seat tomorrow..

ETA by tomorrow I mean today..after I wake up... see Im so behind Im a day behind!

Good to know, I'm not the last one, LOL. I hope we didn't ruin it for ya though, I stay AWAY from this thread before watching it....hehe.

It was kind of interesting to hear what they've done with the country songs though. A lot of them didn't have that twangy country sound...which is good IMO.

Next week is Motown. Who should do well--Anoop, Matt and Danny--Adam is iffy. There is simply no screeching in Motown. I think Lil Rounds (or little as Simon calls her) should do well also. Allison's song choice will be critical here. Michael and Scott could have a tough time here but country week surprised me because who I thought would do poorly did well and who I thought would be great wasn't. Alexis would have done great here--not sure what to expect out of Megan. I would like to hear Danny sing It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty--even though he's always considered country this is nice motown song--IMO.

One of the last one's for last week but the first review for this week...weird. LOL.

Crazy week this time...the strong performances for me were Allison, Danny...and Adam (can't believe it still!) Lil and Anoop weren't too bad but not as good as I expected them to be.

A lot of the others were forgettable.

My prediction: Michael or Megan

I don't think Michael. I hope Megan. Scott was OK, but not "wow". Adam's song, while for once 'normal' didn't blow me away. And his hair scared me lol.

I don't think Michael. I hope Megan. Scott was OK, but not "wow". Adam's song, while for once 'normal' didn't blow me away. And his hair scared me lol.

His hair was scary, I'll definitely give you that.

Okay yes, Adam blew me away tonight. He was very original with his version of Tracks of my Tears--and thank you Adam for singing a song your mentor the wonderful Smokey Robinson wrote. I was really impressed with him tonight and trust me he needed to make up for his horrid butchering of Ring of Fire. Also blowing me away was Allison. Can we get a copy of her birth certificate because I can't believe she is only 16!
So for me Adam and Allison were awesome.
Good but not great were Danny, Matt (Matt was a little better than good), Anoop and Kris
Scott was just okay
Megan, Michael and Lil Rounds were bad.
I like Michael so I believe he will be another Kellie Pickler, Josh Gracen and Buckey Covington--he will find a country contract.

Megan most definetly should have sung My Guy so I agree with Kara.

I wished someone would have song Dionne Warwick oh well.

Does anyone else think Adam looks like Elvis? I don't but one of my fav coworkers says he does!

Does anyone else think Adam looks like Elvis? I don't but one of my fav coworkers says he does!

I was going to call out the Elvis thing totally but I didn't want to offend anyone. That is EXACTLY who he reminded me of.

I liked Danny's performance! I thought he was great. He got the crowd jumping. He didn't miss a note. What was there to pick at there?

Surprisingly, I also thought Adam did well. He finally stopped with the screeching and screaming and theatrics and just SANG. I'm not into a ton of falsetto, and I don't think he's anywhere near Smoky Robinson, but he didn't do bad at all. Although, the hair? What was the deal with that? I know he was going for a "look" but egads.

Loved Allison. For me, SHE was the standout performance of the night. Holy cow - she nailed it. She was just a powerhouse.

The others were completely forgettable. Haven't liked Megan yet. Michael is annoying. Go away. You shouldn't be here and Alexis gone. There is just something wrong with that. Lil Rounds was a huge disappointment. I also really expected her to come out and just blow me away in this particular genre, and instead I was left feeling very blah about the whole thing. Maybe it was just me, but it seemed like she never quite hit the notes she needed to hit. She seemed just a step off the notes, the timing, the everything. And, another one with the weird hair thing going on. Beautiful dress though!

Totally agree with you Peggy. What was up with Lil's hair. Loved Adam. He was my favorite. Loved Allison-thought she was really good too. I was ok with Danny and the rest were forgetable.

I thought Adam was hot-I'd do him. His hair reminded of Elvis. He's hot. So I voted for Adam, Allison, and Lil. The only reason why I voted for Lil is because I know she can sing and would like to hear her again.

Jessica

I of course LOVED Adam last night as I do every week LOL. He's a chamelion and can change to suit his environment for sure! He was going for a 50's look, I think..maybe 60's .....Slick hair, suit, unplugged....Amazing performance, IMO Even my grandma (86 years old and a HUGE Elvis fan) Loved him and is rooting for him to win!!!! Still my fave!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back