Who's watching American Idol?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The bikini chick did an interview about her boob job as well as how angry she was that Kara sang. (I don't like Kara, but she did that a whole lot better than BG even so.) Then she commented on Kara's pathetic body in a bikini - how white her skin was, how bad her figure was. Said she needed to learn about tanning.

I was seriously amused by Gene Simmons comment that Adam was no rocker. Said he would be great on broadway, but that he didn't have the vocals to be a rock singer.

I love validation from someone who actually knows..........:)

Scott MacIntyre blogs on his MySpace:

There has been one largely unspoken question on the minds of piano fans everywhere this season of American Idol: will the two pianists play together??? Well, what better time to showcase Scott MacIntyre and Matt G. in a fierce battle of the keys than during the American Idol Season 8 Finale!

That’s right… We had two gorgeous grand pianos facing each other on stage, the piano curves fit together like shoes in a shoebox, and close-up camera shots of our fingers and faces were displayed on three huge jumbotrons at the front of the 7,000 seat Nokia Theatre as we sang in turn through Billy Joel’s “Tell Her About It” and dueled it out in a tear-it-up piano solo section. According to some of the producers who witnessed our rehearsal, it was the most exciting and memorable number of the entire Finale show. I have the original Finale flow sheet right here showing the piano duel immediately after Kris Allen and Keith Urban.

We got to the Nokia Theatre on Wednesday morning (show day) and out of the blue about 9:30am found out the duet had been cut and the decision was final. Needless to say, I was shocked. American Idol had originally invited Billy Joel himself to perform with us, but he was unable to make it in the end; and because our duet was the only duet not involving another celebrity, it was the first thing to be cut when the show was condensed.

:impatient: They had to cut what could have been an AMAZING piano duet so Tatiana and Bikini Girl could run around the stage?

I had started out early on really liking Scott, then I read bits from his blog, which could have been taken out of context, but all in all Scott has really disappointed me. There was no way Scott was going to win American Idol he really wanted as vocally talented as some of the others. But this was his chance to get out in the world and make things happen and what he comes off to me is a just a bitter man for not going farther or winning. Alexis had a lot more vocal talent than Scott yet she didn't even make the tour. I'm just very disappointed in the Scott is handling some of his objections toward American Idol. If not for them he wouldn't have gotten as far as he did.
As for the piano duel? I'm sure it would have been truly amazing. I love the paino it's my favorite instrument. Still, Scott, there was a better way to get around this than the route you chose.

I was seriously amused by Gene Simmons comment that Adam was no rocker. Said he would be great on broadway, but that he didn't have the vocals to be a rock singer.

I love validation from someone who actually knows..........:)

Gene also said: he agrees that Adam is the best contestant to ever grace the Idol stage, Freddie Mercury didn't have a stereotypical "rock voice" either, and Mercury was unique and so is Adam.

I too love validation from someone who actually knows..........:)

Unique does not a rock God make. He said he has a wonderful broadway voice, but not a rock voice. Everyone is hailing him as a rock God, and a rock God actually addressed that. :)

Unique? Certainly. The best ever - not hardly. Please, don't insult Freddie Mercury by even mentioning Glambert in the same sentence. That's almost sacrilegious.

Well, regardless of whatever said about Adam, America voted...and it was not for Adam. So regardless of how well he sings, it doesn't really matter if Gene Simmons thought he was good...Adam lost. He'll probably still pick up a label, and screamo fans everywhere will be happy.

Sugarmama, the competition doesn't matter anymore; what matters now is what happens next. For Adam, he viewed Idol as more of a platform than a competition, and when he lost it took me all of sixty seconds to come around to his way of thinking. Yes it would have been nice if he had won, but either way he has shown the world what he has to offer. The same goes for Allison, Gokey and the others.

To clear things up: Adam & Allison have already been signed.

Also, Adam has already expressed that he does not want to do rock. Hence why he turned down Queen's offer. I was kind of surprised that wasn't mentioned on here.

Also, Adam has already expressed that he does not want to do rock. Hence why he turned down Queen's offer. I was kind of surprised that wasn't mentioned on here.

Not exactly. He has stated he doesn't want to do pure rock. He has described his album as a fusion of genres with a rock center. Also, he hasn't turned down Queen's offer at all. Queen didn't offer him a permanent lead singer position, and Adam doesn't want a permanent lead singer position. Queen has expressed interest in collaborating with Adam, and Adam has shown a lot of interest in that. Hopefully we will see something from them soon!

Did Allison sign with Jive? I think there is a lot of talk about Adam signing with RCA, but nothing has been confirmed. I could be wrong about the confirmation thing, though.

OMG Gene Simmons is NOT a rock God! ELVIS PRESLEY IS THE ONLY ROCK GOD EVER TO GRACE THIS PLANET!!!!!

And I really like Gene Simmons, but please people let's not go crazy. Kiss sang glam rock like many other 70's and 80's "rock" singers. Pure Rock, rock-n-roll there is no equal EVER. ELVIS rules!!!!!!!!

Ya know Laurie, a lot of people compare Adam to Elvis...

Haha don't worry I don't see it at all, I just said that because I knew you'd love me for it :neener:. I know they are nothing alike vocally or stylistically. People do make the comparison, but I think they are going more on physical appearance (Motown week hairdo) than music.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one Laurie. I am not an Elvis fan, so I don't think he's a rock God. He was a good singer, and he had some wonderful songs, but I'm not quite as ............enthused as you are. I would rather listen to Kiss. :) I definitely don't see a resemblence between him and Glammie though.

Okay - since I'm heartily sick of hearing about the wonder that is Glambert, and since the show is long over, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. I'm sure he'll take the world by storm, there will never be another singer like him, every band on the planet will clamor for him to front them because of his unique style, etc., etc., but we have waaaaay too many pages devoted to idolizing one guy.

Everybody ready for next year??? :neener:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back