Who's watching American Idol?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to write a response, but you know how it goes
My other board is in a rap battle, so now I'm thinking in prose.
With a presence that captivates and a voice that rocks
Adam's got more talent than Paula's got botox.
I'm certainly not saying Adam is the messiah
But say he don't got talent and I'll call you a liar
No that's not true I'll respect your 'pinions
I hope the same hold true in regards to Danny's minions

Last edited:
I AM SO SAD RIGHT NOW :(
I love danny, and my curse is now
proven that everyone i really love never
wins ahha... but i mean I think adam
and kris are both AMAZING and i was
really at the point where i didnt want any
to go. but I would have rather danny
in the final, as he is love haha
excited to see the finale though :)

Thank you Laurie. The voice of reason. Adam has "a" voice. He doesn't have "the best" voice. Whether I think he's a freak or not doesn't make me a bad person. I happen to think Dennis Rodman is a freak. I think Angelina Jolie is a freak. (She wore her exhusbands blood for pete sake and french kissed her brother!).

I also agree Laurie - The girls who think you are going to "change" Adam or that he's "secretly straight" give me a huge, huge giggle. Did you see where a girl at his hometown hero thing ran at him half naked. He darn near screamed like a little girl and ran off stage. All he could do was stand there giggling uncomfortably. A straight guy would have made a joke out of it, come 'ere baby, blah, blah. Adam was beyond uncomfortable.

Also, you make it like I live in the dark ages and don't like "real" music because I don't like a guy who has a love affair with his tongue and screeching. You'd be surprised at the music I listen to every day. The only two I truly cannot tolerate are rap and country. They make me cringe. But I like metal, rock, alternative. I just don't like someone who was told from the very beginning he's going to win, thereby making the competition even more of a joke than it is. Why bother? Why not just call it "Glambert Screamer Idol" and be done with it.

BTW, I don't think most guys would consider the name "Glambert" to be a complement......

We will all just have to agree to disagree- those of us that like Adam can be excited about his achievement and look forward to next week...I won't be put down by Adam haters!

IMO I think there have been much, MUCH more jokers having won AI in the past...

I have to agree, I am very disappointed that Adam made it into the finals. He had maybe 2 really good songs towards the beginning of the competition, but everything else was just screeching. That's not music, or vocals. I think he's just popular because he has the "bad boy" look.

On the other hand, Danny's version of "You Are So Beautiful" was amazing, it almost made me cry. I liked it just as well as Joe Cocker.

Kris is okay--I think he's made huge strides in his abilities as an artist. I just think Danny deserves to be there more.

I haven't really watched American Idol too much, so excuse me for not being "up" on the recent news. Personally, I like Adam simply because he's different. His cover of Mad World was just something else. He's very theatrical, yes... and I'm sure he'd put on a great stage show during a concert. Is he the best singer? Absolutely not, but he's interesting to listen to. Will his concerts sell out? Maybe. He's got stage presence because he's used to being there. He's an entertainer. He's also easy on the eyes, and he's got the bad boy look to him that make girls swoon. He may be gay, but so what. Just like every girl believes they can change a hoodlum into the perfect boy, maybe they also believe they can turn a gay guy into a straight one. Whatever it is, it bumped him into the finals.

T
I also agree Laurie - The girls who think you are going to "change" Adam or that he's "secretly straight" give me a huge, huge giggle. Did you see where a girl at his hometown hero thing ran at him half naked. He darn near screamed like a little girl and ran off stage. All he could do was stand there giggling uncomfortably. A straight guy would have made a joke out of it, come 'ere baby, blah, blah. Adam was beyond uncomfortable.

I didn't get that impression at all. He stood there laughing and then said "you rock baby" or something like that. Plus I've seen plenty of rock stars (straight ones) look nervous when some crazy chick is flying at them.

I hope whether he is gay or straight doesn't play into people's decision making. Most times it doesn't matter anyway. How many young screaming girls get to hook up with the jonas brothers? I say probably close to zilch.

I am sad that Danny went home.

Last edited:
As far as talent goes, the most talented contestant on the show this year is DEFINITELY Kris. Sorry peeps but when you can play multiple instruments AND sing you are multi-talented. Adam sings, Danny sings--so as far as mucho talent goes it's Kris, Matt and Scott, and even Allison that had that going on this year.
The person who has switched things up the most this year has been Kris. Everyone is talking about Adam's Mad World version, but guess what Gary Jules did Mad World EXACTLY this way, Adam borrowed this version from Gary and not Tears for Fears. Kris doing a Donna Summer song, now that was switching things up.
Going into the competition I liked Danny partly because he's from Milwaukee, but I have always given kudos where deserved and all three men did great things and had great songs this year.

I like Adam's versitility. The fact that he can go from low to high without losing his voice or missing a note is just awesome. I like him alot. Not when he's screeching though. I also like Kris and I guess if I had my choice based on last performances I would go with Kris. I liked both of his songs.

Jessica

Well this should be an interesting next few days! What do they get to do on Tuesday? Are we doing horrid judges choice again?

I have to say, now that both guys I like are in the Finale, I do not care who wins. I like Adam, I like Kris. :D

i agree megan, at this point, whoever wins is good, I was like that will the top 4 so, haha
love them all :)

Megan, oh daughter of mine, get off the fence! Ha LOL! I'm just looking forward to the finale so I can see Danny again! And Alexis, I thought for sure she would have stuck around longer. Oh and Fox if you're listening. Guest singer to accompany Adam--Sam Harris. Yep I said it, there it is, it's out there peeps. Sam will show the heck up ought of Adam LOL!

Megan, oh daughter of mine, get off the fence! Ha LOL! I'm just looking forward to the finale so I can see Danny again! And Alexis, I thought for sure she would have stuck around longer. Oh and Fox if you're listening. Guest singer to accompany Adam--Sam Harris. Yep I said it, there it is, it's out there peeps. Sam will show the heck up ought of Adam LOL!

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!! haha im just like "dannys going to be on the finale, and thats all that matters :p"

he is rumored to be singin with lionel richie! how amazing would that be

and tonight they both were good, adam and kris, its pretty much anyones game, and even though adams the big fav, I have thought from the beginning kris is the dark horse to watch out for, but tomorrow will be a good show regardless

They picked some oldies, that's for sure. My friend is guessing the creator's choices were a political statement.

Of the two I liked Kris's voice the best, though I think Adam is a more powerful singer. It'll be an interesting finale, 3.5 hours after the show it still took us 20 minutes to get one vote in. All three of the lines were constantly busy.

Oh, and we wish Kara would take her songwriting and go away. "Oh, yea that was probably a little high for you..." DUH. YOU wrote it, you knew the final 4....

Go back to the writing competition please! I liked the choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back