Who's watching American Idol?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also agreed with judges choices--too bad though I'm sure in weeks to come we would have seen some good stuff from them.

I've actually always liked Paula because as a performer you're up there singing your guts out and then Simon stomps all over them. Paula always finds the good things in people to comment to make them not feel so dejected. Constructive Criticism is very harsh and can be brutal--it can also be something that could make you give up on a dream instead of taking it to heart and making the necessary postive change. I think Paula realizes that and wants to do some good.

I usually always agree with Simon accept the way he was constantly always fawning over Carrie Underwood and wanting the french kiss her for crying out loud. Her rendition of Heart's Alone was horrid and yet he still talks about how great she was. She wasn't great, and isn't great now.

On the other hand, he helped my favorite Britain's Got Talent star, Paul Potts, get his CD made and out there and for that I'm forever grateful.

Adam could be the Amanda Overmeyer of this season--Amanda couldn't mix it up, she always sounded the same. I do love Sam Harris though and Adam does remind me of him--so I would like to hear some soul from him. I can't imagine he'll fair well during Country week--or Allison for that matter.

I want to see some stronger performances from Scott. Someone who I didn't much care for at first but now I'm liking more and more is Matt.

I also thought the top 13's Michael Jackson medley was pretty dang good! That's quite the feat as they never seem to do well in the gang singing.

I think a duet with Alexis and Danny would be great!

I think Simon is the only one I enjoy listening to...he's right on most of the time. I was really peeking into this thread because I haven't even watched the singing round yet...LOL.

Laurie - That's the way I always saw Paula. She basically softened the blow so you didn't feel like a total failure. I still can't stand listening to her ramble on, but at least she found SOMETHING nice to say, even if it was just that you looked wonderful. This year, I'm not getting that from her. It's almost like someone told she needed to be a bit more nasty.

I think who went home was okay, and I hope next week it's Anoop. He just isn't that good. I do think that we're going to miss out with the girl who went home. She had a bad song choice, but I think she deserved to be there. She has a wonderful voice.

Next week will be interesting. I hope they get a good catalog of songs to choose from and they can really show more of who they are, now that the first night on the big stage is done.

Oh! I also agree - I was pleasantly surprised by the group medly in the beginning. They actually did a pretty nice job on it. :)

I was disappointed that Jasmine went home but felt she deserved it. Although I was surprised Anoop didn't go. I totally expected him to be gone.

I like Simon's comments. Nothing like beating around the bush with the others. You either suck or you didn't.

Hopefully next week will be good.
Jessica

Well I just found out it's Grand Ole Opery week on Idol this coming week--my gag effect Carrie Underwood is going to be with Brad Paisley. It will make me sick if Simon does he fall all over Carrie Underwood thing--but it will also good to see how Allison, Adam and Anoop do with this music genre. I think with Danny's smokey voice he can pull off Country--same goes for Chris and most definitely Michael.
I would like to hear someone do Garth Brooks--I LOVE Garth. Also maybe It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty--that song still rocks after all these years!

I'm FINALLY caught up so I can read this thread :p I really liked Danny and Allison a lot. I'm not into Michael Jackson so the songs we're kind of bleh for me. Just not my cup of tea.

This week died. I hated Megan's rendition of "Walking After Midnight". About the only performance I liked was that of "Jolene". And Adam needs to GO. You do NOT kill Johnny like that. If he wanted to do some sort of different Johnny song, he could have done "Hurt" the NIN version. Scott's slowly losing my support. I agree with Paula, he needs to get more into it. Just because he plays the piano and is blind doesn't mean can't jam out. Look at Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles!

And Laurie, I love Carrie Underwood. SHHH!

I got more out of tonight's show than I thought I would. To me the breakout performances were: Anoop (Elvis sang it before Willie people--and he did it better--Anoop I mean, better than Elvis' version--that says A LOT coming from me) Kris did an excellent Garth Brooks ballad, really nice. Allison did a great job with Patti Loveless and rocked the heck out of Lyin' cheatin'. Matt also did a fabulous job.
I thought Danny was just all right--but I really like him.
Adam's performance was horrendous--horrendous. It sounded like cats being skinned alive, but I like Adam. I want to hear him do something without screeching.
I was impressed with Megan tonight, I loved her Patsy Cline rendition.
I didn't care at all for Michael Sarver and I thought he would rule this night. I also didn't care for Alexis tonight or Lil' Rounds.
Someone should have sung Never Knew Lonely by Vince Gill. Poor Vince needs to get some recognition.
It will be interesting to see how scantily clad Carrie Underwood is tomorrow night and how many french kisses Simon gets in!

Based on tonight's performance who should go home: Adam, he was awful. But again I like him.

I'm thinking Michael, Lil' and Scott--but Anoop might just go, or maybe Megan

Laurie, Carrie's performance last year on the show with "Last Name" was indeed horrible, but for the most part, she's never like that in any of her appearances/videos. However, "Last Name" is also one of the most "risque" songs she has. A majority of them are really heartfelt(I admit to owning both of her albums :p ). I personally hope she sings 'Just a Dream' or 'Carnival Ride'. If she wants to go for fun, she should go with "The More Boys I Meet". I think it would be pointless for her to sing 'I Told You So' because, well, Randy Travis will be there haha. She's made a huge name for herself in the Country music scene, who aren't often too accepting of newcomers, so that's gotta say something haha.

And where was your break down on Scott? :p I also really wish I hadn't missed the first half hour.

I like Scott, I really do, but Ash this is what's happening for me with him--he just always, always sounds the same. I'd like to see a little more passion, see him break out. So far he has just been mediocre. I'm finding I'm enjoying Matt much more on the piano than Scott. I think it's kind of funny you didn't like Megan's Walking After Midnight and I did. But hey that is what makes the world go round. For the most part the ballads really did it for me tonight--Kris' To Make You Feel My Love and Anoop's Always On My Mind were truly beautiful. I think Garth, Willie and even Elvis would be very proud with Kris and Anoop for singing these songs.

Didn't like Alexis. Of all the country songs to butcher, she chose Jolene? I used to love listening to that song and she ruined it. Still like her, but hated her with that song.

Anoop - Just, wow. What an incredible turnaround for him. I don't think he'll make it to the end, but he did that song proud.

Danny - I liked it. I don't like the song when Carrie Underwood sings it, I think it's boring and obviously designed to pull at the heart strings, but I thought Danny took it from too country to a bit more rock sound.

Adam? Oh. dear. God. That took sucking to an entirely new level. He was HORRID. Laurie, I think your description of cats being skinned alive is way too generous. Kyle watched it with me and said "Holy crap mom - WHY is that guy there? He sucks!" Couldn't have said it better myself. And poor Randy Travis being faced with this bizarre individual. I'm sure there aren't a whole lot of Adam's back home. You could see the shock on his face! He REALLY didn't have anything good to say about him either. He won't go home, because girls can't get past his looks to see his talent, sadly.

Tired of blind guy. Never understood why he was there in the first place. Yup, you're blind. Yup, you can play the piano. Nope, you're never going to win based on your voice. Give your spot to someone who deserves it.

I knew as soon as Lil mentioned what she was going to sing it was going to be a disaster. She's R&B, Martina McBride is SOOOOO country. She's got this incredibly clear voice that Lil couldn't begin to match. I thought her performance was excruciating.

Also didn't like Meghan's song, but I'm not a huge fan of Meghan anyway. She acts like she's having these little seizures while she's up there and it's totally bizarre. I have no idea what she's doing with the spastic arm movements and whatnot, but it's annoying to watch, in addition to her voice grating on my ears.

Loved Kris, excellent song choice. Can't think of the last guy's name, but he did a really good job with that song. I've never heard it before, so have no basis for comparison, but on it's own he was really enjoyable to listen to. That's the first time I've really cared for him.

And WHAT was with Simon and Paula last night? For pete sake you two, get a ROOM. All this silly love tapping and arguing like an old married couple. It was incredibly distracting and annoying! And what in the h*** was Paula sucking on Simon's arm for at one point??????

And Adam needs to GO. You do NOT kill Johnny like that. If he wanted to do some sort of different Johnny song, he could have done "Hurt" the NIN version.

Hurt By NIN would have been awesome but he couldn't sing that song cause it was never sang at the Grand Ole Opry even though it was covered by Johnny Cash....at least I'm pretty sure that's how it was supposed to be...a song that has been sung at the grand ole opry by a grand ole opry member.

Adam can GO straight to MY HOUSE!!!! Sorry Ash, he's not going anywhere :neener:

Right after he leaves mine ROFL :tease:

I do have to agree that Adams song last night was well..odd LOL My mom LOVED it of course. I DVR'd the show so I went back and watched it again and the second time around I liked it better :)

I didn't think Adam was that bad...I think Michael or Scott should go - I think it's way past time for Scott to go. I loved Kris's version of Garth and that is one of my favorite songs so two thumbs up there. I like Megan and I thought she looked so beautiful last night but I have said before that her twisting motions while she sings are so annoying and distracting. I thought Lil did a terrible job of Martina and she really should have picked something that suited her voice a bit better. Overall, was a good night and it's starting to get to the point where I don't want people to go home lol....

Oh, I was under the impression that they had to sing songs from Opry members. I don't recall "Wild Angels" being sung on the Opry stage, but who knows. I missed the first half hour sadly..

I think Id put Michael and Meagan in the bottom 2. I thought Adam was realy original. I think Matt was my favorite though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back