YOUR Interesting Facts!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- There are 11 years between my youngest brother and I, and 15 years between my little sister and I
- I am terrified of bees. Mostly because they could kill me if I got stung (I'm allergic)
- I am allergic to horses, rabbits, some dogs, all cats... but not chinnies! I was allergic to our pomeranian when we first got him, hives all over me, but that has gone away
- I have to take tranquilizers to fly. I get wayyyy too nervous.
- I haven't had a vacation in 2 years.
- I have never had a broken bone or major surgery
- I am addicted to reality TV shows and entertainment TV shows (did y'all hear Chris Brown beat the crap out of Rhianna? Crazy...)
- I like Nancy Grace
- I hate the snow even though I live in Canada. But I also hate when it's too hot (Arkansas was horrible!)
- My mom was born in Austria, so she talks about us in German and we don't know what she's saying
- My fiance and I live in my parents basement sweet with our own bar area, family/chin room, our bedroom and bathroom w/ washer and dryer
- I cried when I had to get my engagement ring resized, lol.
- I love the movie Titanic
- I hate getting sand on my feet
- I can't stand sticky fingers.
- I'm in love with One Tree Hill
- I've watched Young and the Restless nearly every day since I was 10yrs old.
- I WILL be Dr. Sasha one day soon :)

I read this and saw the p in the write, and read it as, "I can wipe with both hands" and thought EWWWW

I dont think I know anyone who can wipe with both hands.. In my psych class they said to guarantee yourself a bad day.. wipe with the OTHER hand..

* My dual majors were Creative Writing and Technical Theatre, so I'm a pharmacy technician. :tissue:

* As a college freshman, I was declared to be more ready for living in a dorm than the juniors that consistently borrowed my tool kit, first aid kit, and dishes.

* As an infant, I was included in a study to determine the dominant hand we would use when we were older: 2 other babies and I, of some 300, were declared ambidextrous. I write with my right hand, but I cook and play video games/guitar with my left hand.

* My best friend says I'm a grammar fanatic, a talent that kept me in pizza money all through school (writing tutor for foreign born students).

* I have a deep-seated disgust for human feet... but teeny little hand paws on fuzzy critters are adorable.

* I've never broken a bone, but I did manage to dislocate both pinky fingers within a week of each other.

* I'm lactose intolerant... so of course, my favorite comfort food is chocolate ice cream.

* "You're one of the few people I know that can talk about chinchillas for 3 hours straight." <-- My best friend, who I'm on the phone with right now after just having play time with the boys. (But you all understand.)

* I have a coffee mug on my shelf in which I keep all the random shed whiskers I find around the house. That way, I'll always have a little piece of my babies around, even if something unexpected happens.

I am COMPLETELY obsess with Robin Williams:heart3:
I found out a few years ago that I have cancer, but am doing well now
I am TERRIFIED of the little corn that comes in Chinese food
I am even more terrified of ear wigs
I graduated early from High school with high honors and moved to California with all of my own money
I've been living on my own since just before my 16th birthday
I have the worst luck in the world, especially with my health
I have an unlimited amount of random and "useless" facts
I can't spell to save my life but love to read and write
there is nothing more important to me than my little brother, Christian
I pee with my legs crossed (sorry if it's TMI)
I have intense OCD

Okay here are mine
--I've loved Elvis for 39 years, since I was 7 years old
--I have an irrational fear of both vampires and werewolves even though I loved the Moonlight tv show with vampire private detective Mick St. John and I'm a huge Black Dagger Brotherhood fan as well as Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian. I will not go camping during the full moon and I won't park in the parking lot at my apartment complex during the full moon as it's close to the woods.
--I can't stand anyone touching my feet (it's in my chart for the doctor's office) as well as anyone touching their feet to me. It makes me a little ill to see people in bare feet.
--I read AT LEAST one book a day. I'm also a re-reader and will read the same book again and again.
--I cannot just sit and watch television, I have to play either hand held free cell, Nintendo DS (Touchmaster), or crochet.
--I have to sleep in complete silence and dark--kind of hard to do working 3rd shift!
--I don't care for babies and don't like it when someone wants me to hold their baby. If I'm going to hold one I have to be sitting down.
--I'm very protective of my family. I almost punched a man for looking down my little sister's shirt a couple of years ago. I also roomed my own father when the doctor's office took too long to care for him when he was in severe back pain.
--I don't like berries of any kind especially raspberries
--I'm very emotional and cry often during sad movies, however I am very calm in the face of crisis and manage the sight of blood quite well.
--I have extreme music tastes--Elvis, Hard Rock (especially Breaking Benjamin, Seether and Hurt), classical piano especially Chopin, Opera (LOVE Pavarotti and Paul Potts), 80's Duran Duran and Def Leppard, Contemporary Christian, BUT I don't like jazz at all
--I'm the only one in my family with green eyes
--I'd like to be a published author someday

LAURIE --- You read atleast ONE book a DAY. That means.....The WHOLE entire book?? The book I am reading is a chunky one andwill probably take me another week to finish it! I only read about 40+ pages a day!:O

Hmm...

- I am allergic to nickel
- I have moved 10 times in the last 3 years... now I am finally settled.
- I will only play video games when my fiance is at work (I don't like to be watched)
- The one food that makes me sick thinking about it is cherry dipped cones from DQ (already getting queasy)
- 99% of my hiccups are singular and come out at a different sound every time, I usually don't know it is happening until it is already out of my mouth. Kind of embarrassing.
- I either can't or have a very hard time using public bathrooms if somebody else is in there. I wait until it is empty usually.
- I have a grouping of scars on my left calf that looks like gills.
- I'm a dog person, I really dislike cats. My fiance is a cat person and has bad experiences with dogs - so we have chins!

Last edited:
  • When i eat i generally will only eat one item of food at a time before moving onto something else. (Saving the best for last of course)
  • I have a slight case of OCD, but things are always organized.
  • I do not & will not drive.
  • I twirl my hair all the time without even thinking about it. Kinda wish i wouldnt.
  • I absolutely LOVE animals & learning about them, i choose to have animals over friends. haha
  • I LOOOOVE photography & making memories immortal.
  • Im a HUGE beatles fan, have been since i was a tot.
  • I love ugly/vintagy greens & earth tones
  • Im extremely short.. haha 5 foot is on a good day.
  • Im fascinated with the 50's 60's & 70's
  • I collect owl stuff & cat stuff..

I think thats all i have for now.. im certain i have many more quirks about me that I dont even notice. lol :pillowfight:

Last edited:
~ I HATE toe socks. They freak the heck out of me!
~ I am deathly afraid of heights.
~ I love warm weather and the beach, yet, I can't swim.
~ I am also a bit OCD. My closet alone is arranged by article of clothing and color. It's like a beautiful rainbow in there!
~ I am addicted to the internet, computers, and video games. I'd actually call myself obsessed with gaming. In fact, I met my own husband on a video game...
~ I can play the piano and flute.
~ I love watching reality TV, the more drama the better!
~ I secretly wish I was a dancer of some sorts... I love dancing.
~ Nothing really grosses me out... I can look at blood, guts, and gore no problem, but eyeballs (and touching them) freak me out. I think touching eyeballs is so gross, I won't even get contacts. Besides, I love wearing glasses anyways. I like being cute and nerdy with them on teehee.

I can't think of anything else that's weird and interesting about me, but if I do I'll post it!

-I LOVE toe socks!
-I hate going to new places and being the first one to go in
-I hate making decisions
-I love my animals
-I can dislocate my jaw, pretty much like a snake
-I have two bum knees and 1 bum ankle... makes it hard to walk
-I am accident prone.. that's why my legs are all dumb
-I cry a lot
-I have a great boyfriend
-I love Kiwi fruit and Pineapple
-I don't drink soda or drink or eat anything with caffeine in it
-I love orange juice, it is my coffee
-I am usually very hyper
-I like math
-I like school
-I am studying to be a Nurse Practitioner

Guess that's it.... meh!

• I collect wolf and native american-type things
  • I have a tattoo of a black panther holding a rose on my shouderblade
  • I'm deathly afraid of needles. I passed out when I got the tattoo - not cause of the pain, but cause of knowing there was that needle...
  • I like horror movies, but I'm incredibly jumpy. NOT a good combination.
  • I have at least one slipped disc in my back and a pinched nerve
  • I have asthma and my lungs only work at 80% capacity
  • I am addicted to caffiene. Like horribly addicted. I can't get through the day without it.
  • Sleep is a hobby for me. I can never have enough.
  • I am always online. Either the laptop has to be taken away, or I have to be sleeping, in order for me to not be online
  • I'm actually 24 but I look around 17-18, so I'm constantly carded for EVERYTHING.
  • I've never dated a guy who was older than me (everyone has been younger, usually by a year or two - maybe cause of how I don't look my age?).
  • My two pinkie fingers and my right ring finger are all double jointed.
  • I can remember the most random, pointless, useless facts... but where I parked my car... only god knows...
  • I was the valedictorian of my college class.
  • I have a bachelor's in psychology and I'm working on my JD (law) degree.
  • I have no siblings, it's just me.
  • I LOVE rats. I'd have like 40 of em if their lifespan was longer (I just can't stand em dyin so quick :()
  • I don't like clowns *shivers*
  • I can't go to bed with a dirty apartment. Doesn't have to be spotless, but there can't be plates left out, dirty dishes MUST be in the sink (preferably dripping dry after having been washed)...basically if it can be put away in less than 15 minutes, it MUST be done before I go to bed...
  • I HATE (what we used to call) thousand-leggers. Those big centipede things you find in the basement. I will run away screaming like a little baby. You should see me try to kill one in my apartment (only I live there), it's probably a sight for AFV
  • .....but oddly enough, just about any other bug I will try to pick up and take outside to release
  • .....except for earwigs. Creepy little buggers. I squish them too.
  • I am ALWAYS cold. Even in the summer
  • I can think of a song to relate to just about anything going on...
  • I've had to wear glasses/contacts since I was very young, and I am blind as a bat without them.
  • I am allergic to everything. Ok maybe not but it seems like it. I always say I'm allergic to air because I sneeze year round. Zyrtec does help wonders though.
  • I have a million health issues. I'm almost never "well" (well, I'll be on medicine the rest of my life for horrible allergies and severe asthma). My dog takes after me. I think she's been on meds the entire time I've had her (I got her when she was 3 months, she's about 10 months now).
  • I don't like using public bathrooms if someone else is in there. I prefer to wait until they've all left.
SunshineChins said:
I go to Disney World every single weekend
Doesn't that get expensive real quick?

ETA: Wow that's a lot. Sorry for the book. Apparently I'm just super-interesting. ;)

I literally cannot pee if my legs are not crossed. Kinda like some people can't pee if someone is watching. I don't know when or why it started...but I guess I'm just cool like that...:dance3:

ok legs crossed that sounds like a disaster waiting to happen :S

I thought of more...

--I have a heart murmur
--I have a kidney disease
--I have an obsession with sweet potatos
--I'm a 15 year old film maker
--I love photography
--Adore going to concerts
--I can crack just about every joint in my body
--I am normally mistaken for at least a few years older than I actually am
--Doctors visits and needles don't even phase me
--I love knee socks, fedoras and cowboy boots
--I hate shopping
--I have been to Disney world 4 times
--Almost all of my friends are at least a few years older than me
--I have an awful short term memory
--I love school and I love to learn
--I love algebra
--I laugh all the time
--I don't cry often, but the two things that make me cry are death and when something goes wrong with my animals
--I love star wars
--I'm a night owl
--I adore reading

If this weren't a chin/hedgie forum, I'd say that I breed hedgies :D

Last edited:
What a fun thread idea!

Let's see what I can come up with about myself.

• I was born almost two months prematurely and weighed just 3 pounds at birth.
  • I am the only person in my family who has blue eyes.
  • I am ambidextrous. When I was in preschool I was left-hand dominant, but at that time left-handedness was still frowned upon and I was "switched." I was told I was the devil and was forced to only use my right hand to write, color, and draw. In fact, they even made me sit on my left hand so as to encourage me only to use my right one. I now write with my right hand, but do most everything else with my left. In fact, I can write my first name with both hands at the same time -- with my right hand writing forward and my left hand writing in reverse!
  • When I was younger I had very dark, very straight hair. But as I've gotten older my hair has gotten lighter and wavier. My hair is now a light auburn color and has a ton of natural curl in it.
  • My hair has never grown past my shoulders. For some reason once it hits my shoulders it stops. It's so weird.
  • I wear glasses both for distance and for reading. I hate wearing them, but the thought of touching my eyes in order to put contacts in freaks me out!
  • I tend to come up with songs for everything. I can make a song up about anything -- seriously! I'm always creating new songs having to do with my animals. Right now I have one going for my dog since we're struggling with keeping her from licking her paw (she recently had a bacterial/fungal infection and it is still healing) called "No Wickety Spwit." Don't even ask...oy.
  • I come up with voices for my animals...and then speak in them. I won't talk about how I have whole conversations with the animals in their voices. The sad thing is that I answer them. Double oy.
  • I am quite artistic.
  • I have a disease which affects my bladder and my kidneys. It is called interstitial cystitis and is quite severe and is not curable. I try to have a positive outlook on it and how it affects me, but it does cause a tremendous amount of pain and I often am incapacitated by it.
  • I have severe OCD and have had it since I was a very young child.
  • I am a voracious reader and can (and do, often-times) read a book a day.
  • I'm 25 years old but I am always mistaken for high school age. I'll love it, I'm sure, when I am older, but for now it gets quite annoying when trying to go to an R-rated movie.
  • I have two tattoos.
  • I have broken at least one bone each year of my life. And, yes, I'm clumsy.
  • I love, love, love chocolate and can't go even one day without it.
  • I have to take a shower each night before bed or else I can't sleep.
  • I have traveled overseas to both Spain and France.
  • I have an abnormally small tongue. You wouldn't be able to tell just talking to me, but, it's true. I even had a boyfriend comment on it once. Yeah...that was embarrassing. I mean, it works just fine and it's not that small. I'm still a little self conscious -- ha ha!
  • I am very interested in everything medical. Human or animal, it's really interesting to me and I seem to be able to pick it up really quickly. It's beneficial since I want to become a vet tech and possibly even a veterinarian in the future, but it's really odd how easily it comes to me (not that I'm complaining).
  • I'm petrified of birds. Even looking at the pictures on this site freaks me out and I often have to turn the screen off or quickly look away before breaking out into a sweat and having a panic attack.
  • Speaking of panic attacks, I get them...a lot.
  • I am incredibly funny (says my friends and family) and love to make people laugh.
I think I'll stop there though I could probably go on forever. Oh, and did I mention that I'm wordy :rofl:?!

~I collect everything and anything Stitch(from Lilo & Stitch)
~I gleet when I yawn, everytime
~My hands almost always have to be occupied. So there is an egg of silly putty in every room of the house, my purse, car...
~I have a spice rack with jars full of sprinkles
~I am in the middle of purchasing my first house
~I've worked full time since I was 15 but when I had my baby 8 months ago, I stopped working. I'm kinda going crazy.
~I secrectly wish I could still play with Barbies
~When I lived in California, I never went to the beach but I miss the beach the most. Go figure.
~My doctor told me I was allergic to Texas. (His EXACT words!)
~I want to scratch my eyes till they bleed when I see people tYpE LiK DiS
~My mother buys me expensive purses for my birthday/holidays but I don't use them cause I'm afraid of getting them dirty.
~I could open my own Juicy Couture store with the amount of stuff I have from them. None of which I bought myself.
~I have to have a dessert or something sweet after every meal. Yes, even breakfast.
~I loved being pregnant. I wish I could just stay pregnant and not have more children.
~I don't have a problem with bugs, only bugs in the house.
~I really really want an Amazon KIndle but can't bring myself to spend that much on it.
~I cannot stand it when a friend complains that they haven't seen their boyfriend for a week. Hmm.... I haven't seen my husband for 8 months and won't for another 7 months. No sympathy here.
~I did not like pink or girly things till I had my daughter
~My only brother was tragically killed in a solo car accident. They driver was my grandfather.
~Never broken a bone but fractured my foot from "repetative walking". LOL
~I am easily amused but get bored quickly

My brain hurts now. The End. :clap1:

Okay here are some for me:
*I am ALSO left handed (has any one else noticed there are a lot of lefties here?)
*I'm a preschool teacher who is working on her PH.D!
*I just taught my first Technical College class
*I am terrified of spiders but I have two scorpions.

What a fun thread idea!

[*]I'm petrified of birds. Even looking at the pictures on this site freaks me out and I often have to turn the screen off or quickly look away before breaking out into a sweat and having a panic attack.
[*]Speaking of panic attacks, I get them...a lot.
[*]I am incredibly funny (says my friends and family) and love to make people laugh.
[/LIST]I think I'll stop there though I could probably go on forever. Oh, and did I mention that I'm wordy :rofl:?!

As another ocd baby, that's probably where it comes from. My friend that I met in OCD treatment was crazyyyy OCD and afraid of birds, overcame the fear of birds and now has almost no ocd...

Makes you think huh :thumbsup:

-I hate wearing shoes more than anything.. If I MUST wear shoes, I'll wear flip flops.. even if it's 20 degrees outside.
-I was a lot more active on CnQ, but I am totally bogged down with school to do anything but lurk and occasionally post on something random on here.
-I think I may in fact have the most romantic boyfriend ever.
-If the temperature gets over 70 degrees, I start sweating.. I wish it'd stay 30 all year.
-I'm moving to either Boston or Washington DC in summer '10.
-My epic downfall is name brand shoes, clothes, and purses.. more so purses.
-I am obsessed with anything pig related.
-I stress out over my weight more than anything, but fast food is something I just cannot break myself of!
-I'm majoring in health science, and I want to become a physical therapist.

Back