Yay! My big Bv is in labor...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of healing thoughts for Sage! Please keep us posted on her recovery. hugs!

Aw sorry to hear about the kit, but glad it was caught so momma had a chance. Speedy recovery to her.

I'm so sorry to hear about the kit, but am so happy that you were there and proactive and got her to a vet early on. Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery!

Oh yeah, she'll be fine with this. :) I had a female last year that had to get an emergency spay and she looks better now than she ever has! I'm so glad that you took her in. So many people just let the females go when they have an issue like this. Sometimes the female manages to deliver the dead kits, but most of the time they end up with a raging infection that kills them. It's good to remind people that with any female chin at any time during a pregnancy things can go horribly wrong.

Normally they do so well with a full spay and are up and eating in a day or two. Keep us posted on how she's doing! Poor mama girl...

Sorry for the loss of the kit. Hoping the mom has a speedy recovery.

I have a 1st time mom that is pregnant and I am worried about her she is so large. I did feel the baby/(ies) move a couple of days ago. I pray every night that her pregnancy will go great. This is the 1st time I worried about any pregnancies.

She's home! Groggy but seems to be doing just fine. Here's a picture of the poor little bug...The fetus was unrecognizable and hard. And BIG. No way she would have been able to pass it.

Attachments

• DSCN2255.jpg
    DSCN2255.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCN2256.jpg
    DSCN2256.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 109
I'm glad she's okay, I had been thinking about you and her all day while I was cleaning my cages, wishing you well. Despite the loss, it sounds like it will all turn out for the best. We're going to miss you this weekend, but these things happen unfortunately. =/

thanks all! she took a couple of syringes of CC and are her probiotics so hopefully the baytril portion of this episode will be smooth sailing. Mish, I am even more sad I am not at the show now after seeing your rootbeer float cupcakes :(

They always look so deflated after a spay. It makes me feel so bad for them.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for your girl and a long, healthy, and spoiled life with her soon to be roomie.

I'm so sorry her baby didn't make it but glad Sage pulled through. Get well soon, pretty girl, and enjoy retirement!

Sage is doing well post surgery. she's being very good about taking her meds, pooing although they are on the small side, and eating when i put the food on a spoon or hand feed her.

Question, for those of you who have had a spay done, how long before they were eating on their own? She eats pretty well if its fed to her but she's not touching the pellets or the hay. And not sure she's drank the water either...

The two I had done went about business as usual. They ate and drank the day after they came home. Mostly they just waited for the anesthesia to clear out of their systems. They were moving slowly, but they ate.

Happy all is going in the right direction for Sage.. Sorry for the little one though :(

I have not had any female spayed, but being that she is 9 years old, I would take it that it will be a little longer to be her usual self compaired to a young one.

Latest posts

Back