X5! (pic)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsknc

Little Sugar Chinchillas
went to work this morning no babies, came back no babies, went out to the farm to take care of chickens came back in saw a tail under one of my black velvet! turns out that it was a breech birth going on and she couldnt push him all the way out!! so i jumped in and helped her along. X4 was a black velvet male weighing in at 80 grams!!!!!!!(holy cow). did a mommy check and felt another baby that was still moving around so i left mom alone to handle the second birth but kept in eye on her.

she had X5 a few minutes before i had to go back into work and i thought he was going to turn out to be another black velvet but surprise(!) a standard male weighing in at 54 grams. i am thinking about naming him Jasper, after the earl of pembroke. mom and baby are doing fine.

005-2.jpg

congrats on a cuttie. poor mom.

wasn't clear on whether or not x4 made it (hope he did, hope he did, hope...)

turns out that it was a breech birth going on and she couldnt push him all the way out!! so i jumped in and helped her along. X4 was a black velvet male weighing in at 80 grams!!!!!!!(holy cow).
Good thing you were there to help. That's a huge baby! The standard is a real cute one so I'm glad you were able to help out. :)

Sorry to hear that X4 didn't make it even though you were there to help, but very glad to hear X5 and mom are doing well. Congratulations!

Back