Where can I get one of those glass fish bowls?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peachydays

<--My sweet girl Gregory
Right now I'm using one of those plastic SuperPet dust bath houses, but what I've always really wanted is one of those glass fish bowl/candy jar type things. I think they're way more sanitary than the plastic, and easier to clean.

Where can I get one?! Before I got Ralph, I looked at PetSmart, Michael's (craft store), K-Mart, and several grocery stores with no luck.

I think I found my old one at target, but I know that I've seen them at a bunch of pet stores...

I think it might be Rick (correct me if I'm wrong) that uses something like an old pickle jar lol. So it doesn't just have to be the fish bowl, as long as it's cleaned well:thumbsup:

I got mine from a petshop. Little hidden one! Haha. Or you could probably get one in a dollarstore (Poundshop where I'm from, LOL.) or somewhere like that.

Macy doesn't like his the little Brat! ;) SO, i turned it upside down and he just sits on top!

Or local thrift stores if you can't find them elsewhere. I got mine at Goodwill.
But my Walmart also has them by the kitchen glass ware like glass containers etc

I got both my 1 gallon glass candy jars from Wal-Mart for only 10 bucks!

Edit: Mine look exactly like the one Parkerspetchins posted in the link.

I need to start picking those up when I see them at garage sales. The plastic ones we are using do not last. :(

We had a "huge" pickle jar that is my current dust house. I have seen other suitable containers in the dollar store by campus.

I have one like Tagna posted, from a local pet store. A good source for big jars would be your local school, a soup kitchen, or a restaurant. They might not get a lot of glass ones, but if you ask them to hold one for you when they get it, you might get lucky. :)

Petsmart here has the flat sided fish bowls though they are not completely flat. Be careful though, they are not thick glass and I broke one when putting it in the cage or washing it, not sure but once I looked in the cage and there is an big hole in it. Chins ok but I was a little freaked out thinking they had chewed glass. The penny jars that are gallon size and square are much heavier and better in my opinion. I found them at Target and Walmart.

Petsmart here has the flat sided fish bowls though they are not completely flat. Be careful though, they are not thick glass and I broke one when putting it in the cage or washing it, not sure but once I looked in the cage and there is an big hole in it. Chins ok but I was a little freaked out thinking they had chewed glass. The penny jars that are gallon size and square are much heavier and better in my opinion. I found them at Target and Walmart.

Yikes.. Seeing broken glass would freak me out as well. How did you not walk in and almost have a heart attack?

I bought a lot of my decorations for my wedding from this EXCELLENT online craft site. I haven't researched the fishbowl vases much, but they have some and the prices in general at the site are really low by comparison to everywhere else I researched. Great for you crafty people and maybe a score for a fishbowl :)

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/

Just click on the vases link.

Back