What's going on with my boys?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will be interested to hear back from you to see if you notice a difference after the switch. Mine are all on PANR as well.

I'm not sure if this will fix it, I'm just weighing all my options before I spend another 50 bucks at the vet. 15 bucks for food I can donate if it doesn't fix it is nothing compared to that.

Susan- I believe you. I guess you kinda gotta trial and error food to find the right one. I let them taste a handful of the PANR and they want nothing to do with it, so I put a tiny bit in their bowl and they still go after the Mazuri. I'll let you know what happens. If you sell PANR and this works, I will buy that from you instead, if not, I will still continue to buy things from you. You're the best and Bryson seemed to like you :)

I hope this works, I really do.

I went to Walgreens and bought a 4 pack of Mylicon, pedialyte (just in case) and a snickers bar at 8 PM. The lady looked at me and sighed and said "I feel ya, babies with gas and diarrhea are no fun, enjoy your snickers bar." I looked at her and laughed and said "If only you knew what this was really for, and I will enjoy my snickers bar, thanks." She gave me a priceless look :hilarious:

I'll be home Saturday. I'm pretty much broke from taking them to the vet, but yeah Life Line would be wonderful.

there was a problem with the mill here. It had been narrowed down. This was several years ago. I then switched to tradition who about 2 years after that had a problem with the local mill and I have been on Nutrina since and am thrilled. But different areas have different mills and some mills aren't as careful about what they mill before/after another. Also different envioronmental as well as supplies in the area affect how food is milled...for any feed brand

I was going to suggest LifeLine also, but was recently accused of being a shareholder or something - NOT!
Kinda surprised your guys didn't dive in - my herd couldn't get enough!
I imagine feed from the same or different mills could vary from one batch to another, as I'm sure one man's measure of a bucket of ingredients is'nt the same as anothers, freshness and sequence of ingredients added, mixing times and speeds could all have an influence on the final product!
Hope this straightens out your guys!

I also had a problem with my chins wanting the Mazuri over the PANR. Just stick with it. I did a pretty quick switch because of soft poos. I put half and half in the bowl for a few days. When I saw they only were eating the Mazuri I switched them over to the PANR completely and just gave them extra hay and some acidopholis. Once the Mazuri was gone they started eating the PANR and did great. I no longer have soft poo, and they all gained a bit of weight. I like the fact that PANR contains probiotics and a bit of oil so I have found their coats look better as well.

I agree with Essentia. It's like people who are lactose intolerant but love ice cream. They know it'll mess them up, but they keep eating it anyway!

Back