What kind of cell phone do you have?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TillyChinchilla

I'm curious, what kind of cell phone/smart phone do you have, and what carrier do you use? What do you like/not like about your phone?

We upgraded two of our Verizon lines at the beginning of the month. We purchased LG Versas. I had the LG enV2 before, and he had the LG enV in green.

We both hated the Versas - couldn't text on the virtual board for the life of me and I hated using the attachable QWERTY.

We returned them, swallowed the $70 restocking fee, and got LG Voyagers yesterday. Much happier. Only downside seems to be the thickness of the phone and the loud clicks on the full QWERTY board - so when I text in public everyone can hear me *clickclickclickclickclick* The enV2 had a silent keyboard, I miss that.

We are both big texters, mostly to each other - so I can't live without a full keyboard. I've chosen not to have a Smartphone because the extra $30 a month is kind of nuts, and rarely do I need internet outside of home.

I HAD an Iphone through AT&T and I LOVED IT!!! You could do just about anything on that phone...and texting was very easy!! It was a little too expensive though so I had to give it up. The great thing about the phone is even though the service is not on, I can still use the phone for the internet, check email & play games...as long as there is a wifi connection.

Now I have an LG Shine with the qwerty keyboard and I DON'T LIKE IT at all...geez I miss my Iphone :(

I have a red EnV2 with Verizon. I love it! I think the outside is a bit ugly, but I love the flip open keyboard. I'm a texting fiend- just ask Amanda and Peggy..hehe

I liked the enV2, I just didn't like not being able to do much on the outside keyboard. The camera on it was so much better than the enV!

Here is a video of me tying two sentences to show how freaking loud the Voyager's keys are. And at the moderate/fast pace I type at - it can be annoying.

I have the original iPhone and love it. We have AT&T as the carrier and they are just another carrier; nothing special about them. All carriers are about the same!

I have a Sony Ericsson T616 a friend gave me three or four years ago. It's 6/7 years old now.

This thing just keeps on booking. I've smashed it, my horse has stepped on it, I've frequently dropped it in the tub, ponds, been soaked with it, had it go flying onto pavement at high speeds.... it still holds a good charge, 4 to 5 days if I'm talking, a week or more if I'm not.

It's a trooper. It's solid metal and looks like hell. And seeing how many phones my friends have gone through in the three years I've had this one... well, I'll just keep using it until it dies. Then I'd like an Iphone.

The thing I hated the most about it was talking to my friend when he owned it. The microphone sucked! Picked up every little background noise. Now he gets to suffer. :D

Obviously I use it only for phone. No texting or anything fancy. Have a computer for that.

Thanks Bailey, that was awesome! Still laughing about it... it does look identical to mine.

(My headset is also broke, and yes, the menu is a wench to navigate) :D

I HATE ALL CELL PHONES! Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa It seems so many people can no longer eat a meal or shop in the grocery store without having at least one conversation on the almighty cell phone. I think they are wonderful for emergencies and when in a "jam." Otherwise, I still like a quiet walk at night in peace without phones ringing, buzzing, vibrating, or singing to me. But then again, I never did answer your question. I guess I just don't like any of them!!!!!!!!!!!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I agree with the concept of when and where to use them. There is a commercial for what I think was Verizon, where a family with kids was a canyon of some sort and the teenage girl was standing there texting. WTF? I wasn't even allowed to use my Gameboy (the old, thick gray non-color one!) in the car when I was young, I was supposed to be enjoying the scenery! Haha.

Our phones go off or stay in the car for restaurants, movies, and we leave one at home when we go out together. I do use it at the grocery store, though - usually for movie rental or type of food clarification, not conversation ;)

I have an LG Rumor. I love it, I have Sprint. I like their data plan and it was cheaper to have all 3 lines on it then Verizon. I have had no real issues with Sprint.

I have a PalmCentro with AT&T, I absolutely love it except my wireless internet is hard to get on sometimes from it :/

I have had the black enV2 since December. I got my first enV2 in November, but not even a month having it, the entire phone completely froze up every time I tried to send a text message. The Verizon lady said it's a common problem with these phones and gave me a new one.

I really liked it when I first got it, but now I think it's very ugly. I'm due for an upgrade in October and CANNOT wait! I think I want to go back to flip phones, so probably the LG chocolate 3.

I have an iPhone with Rogers. I looove my iPhone. My iPod and my phone all in one.. what can beat that? Plus, texting with it is so much fun :)

Coincidentally, all of my family just went to Verizon today to update our 2yr plan and we all got new phones. I ended up with the LG Voyager also. Even though I hardly used my phone before, since I am going to have this for the next 2yrs I decided to get a nice one that had a lot of options (if I wanted to eventually get them), so it seemed like a nice choice.. Since I just got it a few hours ago the only 'bad' thing is the size so far, it's a bit heavier and a lot taller then my last one, but it isn't any thicker/wider so I can still stick it in my pocket if I need too, but that's all I can say right now. Hopefully it turns out to be a decent purchase. :]

AT&T Blackberry Bold. I love the fully qwerty, push email, texting is easy, and I don't really need to bring my ipod with me anymore either. The camera sucks, but I prefer my regular camera anyway.

cell phone

Env Orange verizon.....hate it need need cell phone...LOL....my hubby got verizon enV green he loves it.....LOL

I have AT&T service and an LG Shine cell phone. The LG Shine is a nice phone and I like it a lot more than my previous phone which was the Sony Ericsson Walkman (also AT&T service).

The LG Shine is nice because of its size and weight. I've had phones in the past that were so light that they seemed to be children's toys. And the construction on those phones was shoddy as well and they were always being dropped or damaged in one way or another. The Sony Ericsson Walkman also had a decent weight to it, but it had its own issues. Both the LG Shine and the Walkman phones were sliders, but I prefer the Shine over the Sony Ericsson phone since it does lock when closed. The Walkman phone had a tendency to connect to the internet without my knowledge and, thus, my bill ran up far more than I'd have liked. Both cell phones have really nice cameras though the LG Shine does have a flash which I find very useful. There are more options with the Shine and I like the look and design better than that of the Sony Ericsson Walkman, but otherwise they are fairly similar in what they offer and how easy or difficult they are to use.

I did have the LG Incite just prior to purchasing the LG Shine. The Incite is a "smart phone" but it was anything but easy or efficient to use. I think I had it for less than a week before I was ready to throw it into Lake Erie. It was impossible to use unless you were giving it your undivided attention and even then I found it both difficult and confusing. Trying to text or dial a number was a debacle in and of itself and it made even easy tasks frustrating. Me plus a stylus pen is just a disaster waiting to happen and I couldn't tolerate its constant buzzing and chirping. The phone also had a tendency to freeze or spontaneously shut itself off. So, needless to say, for me, the LG Incite just wasn't worth the hassle and I decided right quick to return it and replace it with the LG Shine.

I don't have any issues with my AT&T service as a whole and I think what I pay versus what I receive is well worth the cost. I am on a family plan with unlimited nights, weekends, and calls to other AT&T users and I also pay an additional charge for unlimited text and media messages. I'm a big tester and, for me, the set rate is more economical than the pay-as-you-go option. I rarely have calls dropped and I have no problem with connection or being within a particular range for service. Other than AT&T I've only ever used T-Mobile, and I wouldn't touch their service again with a 10 foot pole. So AT&T it is along with my snazzy LG Shine phone. Just those two things (and chins of course!) and I'm a happy little camper.

Back