What are you afraid of??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
!!! SNAKES !!!

And, like Diva, I'm not claustrophobic, but I strongly dislike being in a large, close crowd by myself. I don't mind if I have at least one person with me that I know, but alone, I'm not comfortable.

Death -- I just don't want it to "hurt".

Clowns -- I'm not afraid of them, I just HATE them -- I think they're creepy.

The unknown -- I'm fine if I know what's coming. For my 2 surgeries (elbow/tendon and hysterectomy), both of my doctors were kind enought to print me out pictures and descriptions of what the procedures involved. Crazy??? Maybe, but I was much less stressed after finding out what was involved. YES, Im a nosy girl!!!

I discovered yesterday that I'm petrified of driving down mountains. 6% grade with twists, turns at night makes me shake! I also hate airplanes, and that whenever I go on airplanes there is more coverage on crashes, I think they do it on purpose. And I hate driving over high bridges.

So.. I think I'm afraid of heights, or gravity?

For all of those who think they have silly fears, I'm here to make you feel better...

My Irrational fear.............little corn. You know, like the kind from the Chinese food places? I can't even look at it! If it touches me or my food I will throw up and completely freak out. I don't even have a reason why...*sigh*

My rational fear is earwigs...they're gross and I am forever convinced that they will crawl in my ears and eat my brain. I stayed in a college dorm a few years ago that was infested in them and slept with duct taped cotton balls in my ears...

I also hate clowns, not scared of them just immediately annoyed by them. I went to the circus once and during a break a clown came into the audiance. The kid I was with got the clown to come over to me as a joke because he knew how much I hated them. I told the clown to leave and he didn't-reached out to touch my arm and *WHAM* I punched him right in the face. We got kicked out and I am banned from seeing the Universal Circus ever again *snort*

and car accidents/trucks. I've been in two, both on the highway and both being hit by trucks. If I drive on the highway and have 1 or more trucks even near me I get an anxiety attack. The last one I was in almost killed me and I still have a limp and many more surgeries to come....so yea- screw trucks...

Last edited:
If I drive on the highway and have 1 or more trucks even near me I get an anxiety attack.

One big reason I moved away from SW VA (besides just plain hating it) was the coal trucks. They are still big on coal there - and they love it. The back roads are not wide enough for you and one of them, and you can never see them coming. I hate being beside a truck even when I am NOT driving, luckily Ricky knows this and won't prolong it more than necessary. I am always terrified of them tipping over.

There was also somebody I heard about in SW VA who was impaled by a log coming off the back of a log truck when one of the support beams broke. Ugh.

My rational fear is earwigs...they're gross and I am forever convinced that they will crawl in my ears and eat my brain. I stayed in a college dorm a few years ago that was infested in them and slept with duct taped cotton balls in my ears...

Oh man...I was terrified of inhaling spiders or bugs crawling in my ears to the point I slept with one of those dusk masks on for a year with ear plugs. Oh man that freaks me out. It started because we were watching an ER show and this guy went in with an ear ache and there was a COCKROACH in his EAR.

My rational/irrational fear is hearing my doorbell ring. I was with my friend the day hers did and 2 soldiers were there to tell her her husband had died. Since then I freak out whenever mine rings. The ups guy knows to knock.

I don't mind bugs, just not in the house. If I find any bug in the house I grab at least 3 paper towels, and then I have to flush TWICE to make sure they won't swim back out of the toilet and seek revenge on me. (I guess that would be my irrational fear)

Also, dropping my daughter. Whenever I'm holding her and walking down the stairs or outside, I have to pray and breathe so that I don't panic and squeeze her too tight. I don't know why I'm so afraid of dropping her. Just am for some reason.

I have issues.... lol

Last edited:
My rational/irrational fear is hearing my doorbell ring. I was with my friend the day hers did and 2 soldiers were there to tell her her husband had died. Since then I freak out whenever mine rings. The ups guy knows to knock.

I don't think that's irrational, I'd be scared too. I support the troops and I think your husband is really a great man to do what he does.

I'm not an overly fearful person. However, I guess there are a lot of situations that if I was stuck in them, I would be afraid. haha

But basically, I fear anything dangerous. haha But that does not mean I do not do dangerous things....I'm just cautious. :winkers:

I guess my biggest fear could be being alone in a very bad part of town at night.

But really, it's not like something I regularly think about, haha.

I am afreaid of being alone, someone kiddnapping me and hurtting me, and driving at high speeds in the high way when it's windly.

The dark, as other said not knowing what there is as you cannot see!, NEEDLES and lifts!

Needles and Lifts being the absolute biggest. Nervous talking about them too. Bad.

I am extremely afraid of something bad happening to one of my children. I am afraid of a stranger taking one of them, or a bad accident. I know that I can't protect them forever, but I can try as long as I can.
Also I am afraid of most reptiles. I used to be afraid of being bit by animals, but a few rescue chins surely broke me in of that.
Also I am afraid to be in parking lots at night with out my protection.
I have a hard time sleeping when my husband is out of town, I am afraid of a home invasion or something.

Oh yeah I don't like needles or clowns, but I wouldn't say I am afraid of them. I also really fear trams, like those things that are like buses suspended from cables? Yeah no...

I only have 2 major ones.
1. Driving. Not being in a car, just driving one. Last 'lesson' we had, I fought off a panic attack on the way to the parking lot, and regularly feel sick to my stomach standing at the driver's door of a vehicle. Too much can go wrong, too many people are killed, and even more people than that are just plain *STUPID* when it comes to maneuvering thousands of pounds of metal and combustibles down a road.

2. The things with teeth/venom living in water I can't see through. So, I don't swim in lakes, rivers, the ocean, etc. after I accidentally stepped on a snapping turtle while fishing with my grandpa. I was reminded of this when I went to North Carolina with friends and jumped in the water at the end of March. Didn't mind the cold, but nearly peed myself when the tide went out and we realized it was a seasonal migration sort of thing for jellyfish. DO NOT WANT!

I don't think that's irrational, I'd be scared too. I support the troops and I think your husband is really a great man to do what he does.

Thank you. It's nice to hear positive things like that. Once a woman had asked me if my husband was dead yet and that I should be ashamed to even advertise I'm a military wife. (Sticker on car) I was so shocked I was speachless.

Thank you. It's nice to hear positive things like that. Once a woman had asked me if my husband was dead yet and that I should be ashamed to even advertise I'm a military wife. (Sticker on car) I was so shocked I was speachless.

And you should have told her that she should try sending one of her children, husband, or even herself to go defend our country.. If you don't stand behind the troops, try standing in front of them. Stupid people.

Anyway, I'm terrified of deep water (the ocean, lakes), but I think it's because I don't know how to swim. Also, any sort of bug, horses (bad experience when I was younger), and I have the most intense fear of flying/being on an airplane than anyone else I've ever met. Even if it's not me (if it's someone I'm close to), I will freak out the ENTIRE time they are on the plane. On my plane back from Hawaii, I had to take sleeping pills just to chill myself out enough to relax.

I was brought up to respect the people who did things for me. My aunt stopped a soldier who was in uniform at Pizza Hut and asked him if he just got back from Iraq, he said yes, and she hugged him and said "Thank you for putting your life on the line" infront of his parents and they were just beaming proud. I'm shy so I"m not going to walk up to someone and be that bold, but I smiled and nodded at him. I don't usually talk to strangers. My family is very passionate. While I do not support the war, I do support the brave men and women who lay their life on the line to defend what we have and our way of life. That woman was obviously ignorant and if she doesn't support the soldiers, she needs to go fight with them and see what they have to go through even in just boot camp!

Where to start... lol...

Fear of:
- flying
- sharks
- dying
- losing someone I love (pets or family)
- not being able to get pregnant
- getting into an accident, especially when the roads are bad
- boats. I don't think I could ever do the cruise ship thing.

Latest posts

Back