We adopted two dogs, and now...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will post an updated pic this week, but he looks a tad goofy right now. His ears are starting to stand up, and while one is all the way up, the other is still mostly laying flat! It looks like he's always asking a question or thinking "Excuse me?"

He is doing very well with potty training, and since his daddy is home with him all day, he will soon (hopefully) be completely house trained (he still sleeps in a crate, though!) :)

I had missed this thread since it first went up & didn't realize there's been so much update. First, I hope that karma will get the sick person who skinned your puppy. Second, congrats on the recovery of Bear. Honestly, despite the bandages, he's still super cute. I'm glad that he's growing really fast & I hope that he'll continue to do so. How are Jessie & Chase? We need to see pictures of Bear please.

I just came across your story. I'm am just shocked beyond words to see what happened to the pup. It really is a miracle to see that he has healed. What a terrible thing to happen to such a small innocent sweet baby.
Well wishes to him and your other pets.

Back by popular demand... THE BEARMO!

Here is our (not so) little stinker, Mr. Bear. He is learning quickly, but he is still somewhat silly (expecially his ears - one is up and the other is down!) He's a robust 20 pounds, which is much better than the 4 he was when we brought him home from the e-vet.

Eyes closed!!!
DSCN1720.jpg

That's better (not the best picture of Momma, though...)
DSCN1722.jpg

Gotta chew... gotta chew...
DSCN1723.jpg

Tennis ball nose!
DSCN1726.jpg

Daddy trying to take my tennis ball
DSCN1728.jpg

I wanted to say thank you to everyone who was so supportive all throughout Bear's recovery. It means a lot to us, and we are so grateful for the support!!

He's gotten even more adorable! Jenn, you did an awesome job with him! I can't wait to see the "man" he grows into!

Wow, I just read your thread for the first time. You and your husband are amazingly kind people. Bear is adorable, I'm glad he had you both to help him through his terrible ordeal.

He's going back for one more visit to the surgeon for a final check up in late February or March. His primary surgeon is actually testing for his boards, so he's been out for the past couple of months. From what we heard, he is really excited to see his special little patient.

I'm trying to find someone who would be interested in publishing Bear's story simply for the good of other pet owners. When we were dealing with his treatment, we heard a lot of "We can't tell you because we don't know. We've never had a case like this before", and I want to help people by giving them at least one good outcome that really happened. Anyone have any ideas?

Latest posts

Back