Update on my Bone marrow transplant

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry you are going through such a nightmare. It has to be horribly scary, frustrating, and painful. Normalcy must be a distant memory by now. But you sound so strong, and so optimistic, and that alone means you have won half the battle. Stay strong and beat this thing. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers, and wish you the very best!

I have a friend that might have a lap top for me, and if they sent it, at least I can come and be kept company by you all while in the hospital!
Hey Christene, wow I had no idea you would spend a month in the hospital! Good news, I have a desk top and would be glad to loan you my laptop. :)
Let me know when you need it.

For your husband- please make sure he has filed an FMLA claim so that in this rough time he doesn't get laid off for missing so much work time.
For you, my dad went through all the prep for a stem cell transplant, only to find at the end he hadn't produced enough cells. The process is awful. I will pray for a successful outcome for you. Take care, and keep smiling.

You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.I also make sure to tell the chinnies that their "special" toy is from Christine!

I'll never forget that you gave me Miette and Leeloo, we're all holding paws and sending healing thoughts your way!

I have internet access! Back in the hospital today and tomorrow for chemo. Nauseated, and my hair if falling out big time, but still kicking!!! Thanks for all the warm wishes, and thoughts. I hope this does the trick, tired of being sick, and sick of being tired!!!! Miss making stuff for you all too! Thanks again!!!

Hi Christine,
Sure hope this does it for you as that is really awful stuff to go through. It sounds like you are getting it whipped. It is always darkest before the dawn. Tell your doctor that you can get some other doctor to do the procedure, and I bet he gets right on it, lol. My prayers are with you, brave one.

Thinking of you today Christine and sending prayers. Keep your chin up & stay strong!

Good luck Chritstine!! Sending lots of prayers and whisker kisses from all the gang here!!

Hang in there Christine! You are very missed on the boards. You are in our thoughts and prayers!

Loving and lifting you up in our prayers! Just remember,cancer never wins-even in double overtime!

Hi gang!
Well, the last chemo was a big rough. I didn't eat solids for about 5 days, and everything I looked at just didn't appeal to me. I finally got my ear issue addressed. I've been fighting a sinus infection for about 2 months now, and my ear was blocked with fluid. I had tubes put in the left side Tuesday, and can finally hear! Bad part is there goes my selective hearing! lol Now I can hear everything hubby is grumbling about! I haven't been the easiest person to deal with though. I'm an angel one moment, and a complete you know what the next!
I have been having a hard time with my blood work, and yesterday finally had to have my first blood transfusion. Just entering the hospital makes me sick. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. It's doable, but still sucks. If everything goes well August 22nd will be my admission date for the SCT. Thanks to a very good friend, my sister in law will be coming from Hawaii next week to take care of my children, so my husband can work. Things have been a bit tight, but thanks to the generosity of Andrews work, we have been very blessed. They paid for all the kids back to school supplies, and donated food, and some of their sick days so he can take off here and there. I'm not normally one used to asking, or even accepting help. Cancer is a very humbling illness. I won't go as far as some can call it a blessing, but I guess everything has a purpose. Hopefully this will be the cure for me, and in return I can play it forward and help someone in need when it arises. Thanks for the warm thoughts,prayers and support! I'm so thankful that the chinnies brought some awesome people into my life!

Hi Christine,
I do not know you very well but I have kept up with your posts. I love your custom wood creations and you have inspired a very uncreative person like myself to attempt to build some. You are such an inspiration and I am glad to see you are still in good spirits and getting the support you need. You must be a very tough person to be able to go through all of your battles. Thank you for the updates. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Monique

Back