Update on my Bone marrow transplant

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twilight Chinchillas

Zookeeper extraordinaire
Getting ready for my upcoming BMT has been a rather frustrating experience to say the least. Daily doctors appointments, injections in my stomach 1-2x a day, hard dose chemo in the hospital, and 2 doctors that don't know what they are doing yet! I'm right now at the mercy of their schedules. One is on vacation, another is heading to vacation, so of right now, they have me set at August 22 for admission for 1 week of heavy dose BEAM chemo, them give me my cells, and wait.....and wait...... We are looking at probably 4 weeks in the hospital if everything goes well. IF their schedules don't work, then they are talking about October! Ughhh. I miss normalcy!

Right now the maintenance part of having a hickman is grueling. I get it flushed, and dressings done twice a week, and throw up every time! After awhile the body knows what is being put into it, and just looking at the syringe, or tasting it as they push it into the lines, produced nasty results!
My last chemo was 3 days in the hospital. You GET no sleep. So now, the past week and a half I have been going to bed at 4 am. Not good when you have kids that want to get up at 6 am. Yes, my dear son Ramos!

The side affects are doable. They almost gave me a blood transfusion yesterday, because of my lab work, but I felt good, so ran for the hills, and said NO THANK YOU!
I guess the one good thing is I don't have to style my hair anymore. I cut it all off, and finally after a year, I am no longer on coumadin, so can eat all the green I want!
Well that is about it. Miss making toys, and all but little time left in the day to do much. I do have some fleece houses I might add later that Stephanie was sooo kind to make for me with all my fleece. Trying now to raise money to get my sister in law out here to help with the kids, so my husband can go back to work. Sure makes me appreciate the little things. Yes, despite it all I remind myself it could be worse! Here's to kicking it's butt again, and hopefully permanently this time! ;)

Good luck Christine. I hope everything turns out well.

Sending you the best of good luck wishes from Maryland!

You seem to be in pretty good spirits and I really commend you for that. Stay positive!

Hi Christine! Glad to hear an update from you. I will definitely be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! Good luck with everything!

I understand that oncologists are busy people and deserve vacations like everyone else but for the love of pete...to make you wait until October would be cruel. I pray they are able to do your procedure in August. Good luck with everything and take care.

Hey Christine, been wondering how you were doing, sorry about all the yuck you are going through. Great on being able to eat greens , glad you get to enjoy them once again.

Hopefully they will get their schedules together and get it done for you soon.

I am sure between all the critters here we could use some fleece houses here when you get them on.
Take care of yourself and hopefully your sister in law will be able to come.

Thanks everyone! I have a friend that might have a lap top for me, and if they sent it, at least I can come and be kept company by you all while in the hospital! I hate sitting still for more than 5 minutes, and so this will be a challenge!

Christine, you are inspirational! I hope the time goes quickly for you, and the sister-in-law and laptop can keep you company. Thank you for the update and I will certainly keep you in my thoughts.

God bless you Christine! Reading your posts sound so familiar. My brother suffered w/ stage 4 lung cancer, and he too, went through all you are going through. I ( his only sibling) wasn't a bone marrow match so they used his own stem cells. The time in hospital was rough, but I am happy to say that he is 3 year cancer free now!! I pray you get the same positive results. God bless you...and go kick cancer's butt!!!!
Where is your SIL coming from? far away?

God bless you Christine! Reading your posts sound so familiar. My brother suffered w/ stage 4 lung cancer, and he too, went through all you are going through. I ( his only sibling) wasn't a bone marrow match so they used his own stem cells. The time in hospital was rough, but I am happy to say that he is 3 year cancer free now!! I pray you get the same positive results. God bless you...and go kick cancer's butt!!!!
Where is your SIL coming from? far away?

That is very inspiring, especially when life seems so uncertain at times. Luckily we are able to use my own cells, both times my bone marrow was clear. Not looking forward to the next one though...OUCH!

My sister in law lives in Hawaii. There are only certain people that can handle my autistic son. We tried respite, and they would either not show, or in one case stole from us, so I quit using them years ago, and won't go there again.
My oldest, decided she didn't like the house rules, which were if you live here, don't have a job, aren't going to school, then your going to help out here at home! So she moved out, giving us les than 24 hours notice. It was the worst timing, so my husband has been taking a lot of time off from work. Well, that doesn't help pay bills! So hoping and praying we get his sister up here soon! Then I won't worry so much, and can concentrate more on kicking this cancers butt!

Feel better girl!! We're thinking of you.

Get that laptop so you can cruise the internet in your spare time. :)

xoxoxo
Annie and Baggie

Latest posts

Back