Update on my Bone marrow transplant

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally made it home yesterday afternoon. My doctor said I was one of his earliest releases ever. I get tired easily, but had the first good nights sleep EVER! No 3:30 am Vampire lab workers poking and taking my blood, or blood pressure monitoring every 2 hours around the clock. Best thing is I had solid food! First in almost a week, and it had TASTE! I couldn't eat much, but what little I did, delish! I'm not good at drinking fluids, and had an IV drip the whole 3 weeks so forcing myself to drink. I go back and see my doctor on Monday. We will see what further restrictions he will give me, but hoping I can start to handle my chinnies soon. It's killing me to not hold and smooch each and every one of them! Missed my kids a lot too, and they of course are glad to have their Mom back! Thanks for the support everyone. Hugs and more hugs!

WHOHOOOOO!!!! Dang I wish I had seen this post last night!These little bottle kitties are killing me with taking care of everyone else too! Gatorade even if you cut it with water is great on the tummy and doesn't tend to burn sore mouths.Keep a bottle or sippy cup at your side at all times. My family have become my "gatorade Nazi patrol" after I fainted/busted my lip/face and spent the night in hospital after getting dehydrated at the beach!:hug2::hug2:

I'm so glad to hear that you are home and doing better. You have been in my thoughts lately. I finally have access to a computer! I haven't been online forever! Take care and hope to see more updates.

YAY you're home!!! Now you can get the best medicine ever: love from the kids and fluffies! and a comfy bed doesnt hurt either
:hearts:

I am so happy to hear you are at home where you can be most comfortable and get better much more quickly than a hospital! Just don't push yourself too hard, because you seem like quite the fighter through all of this. Just take the time to rest and heal! We want to hear that you are truly back up and on your feet again real soon :)

Welcome home Christine! Had to search for this thread since I saw you were making toys again. I figured that meant good news! I'm sure you are enjoying sleeping in your own bed. Hope the chins and family are taking good care of you. :))

Thanks Kate! I was sprung from the hospital last week Friday at day +11. Day 0 is when you get your transplant. Dr said I was one of his earliest releases. I was pretty tired at first, and slept most of the time, but my energy level is coming up, and my lab work on Thursday was almost the same as a normal person who had never went threw treatment per my oncologist. So all is good! Still have a take a nap in the middle of the day, but it sure is good to be home, and not have vampires (lab techs) draining you of your blood at 3 am in the morning! lol Had surgery on Wednesday and no longer have a bionic boob! (hickman line for treatment) Thanks for thinking of me!

Latest posts

Back