Update on my Bone marrow transplant

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought it was about time I came on here and updated everyone. I'm still alive and raising ****! Today is +4 for me since my re-birthday on the 29th, when my stem cells were given to me. i tell ya it is some work getting here, and hope I never have to do it again! The first 5 days I was given chemo 4x a day, and then chemo on day 6 with nothing on day 7. The whole process of getting my cells back only took 5-10 minutes. Everything smells kind of like garlic from the preservatives to store your cells. Not that any of ya wanted to know that part! lol I've been here since August 22nd now, and am hoping to go home next week Friday if everything goes with out a hitch. A bit nauseated at times, and the little things trigger my gag reflux. Thanks to my sweet husband I've been living off of Wendy's Chili. The nurses have been trying to keep my hydrated with tomato juice, Tabasco, and salt! I hope everyone is doing good out there, and enjoying the last of the warm weather!
To my special friend Kim "MercyNursie" I want to give a huge THANK YOU! She sent me a care package to the hospital with the most beautiful blanket, fleece hats and other essentials. I was so surprised! It was a huge pick me up, when I'm missing my kids, and just living on the outside world! Kim I love you and thank you so much!!!!

So glad to hear from you. Hmmmm... that sounds like an interesting diet you have there. How nice of your friend to send you such a thoughtful care package

I was wondering when we'd hear from ya! I'm glad to hear you're stirring it up. Hang in there and we miss you tons :D

wow..so glad you finally got your transplant!! Hang in there..sounds like you are tough :)

Hi gal!! Glad you got my package and are enjoying it.Sorry I haven't been posting much but Mother's health is going down further so I've been gone alot.Still thinking and praying for you.Really glad you are starting to see a discharge date! I read something the other day and I wanted to share it with everyone here....."there will be many people in and out of your life during your lifetime, but only a few special people will leave footprints on your spirit." I may not have quoted it exactly and I can't remember who wrote it,but it really reminded me of alot of people in my life.Hugs and prayers:hug2:

I've been thinking about you a lot lately lady, I was getting worried for a bit when there was no update. Really glad to hear things are going well. When will you/your doctors know when the treatment is working and things are on the right track?

Glad to hear the positive updates. I hope you feel a little better with each passing day & are able to be discharged soon. ((( prayers))))

I've had some set backs, but nothing really serious. I have had a sinus infection since early June. It's come and gone, but had a slight nasal drip coming into the hospital. Because they would have to off set the transplant until mid October, and I was already in remission, and didn't want to keep taking chemo, they proceeded forward. Well it has now went to a sore throat. I haven't been able to eat solids for almost 4 days now, and have been losing a bit of weight. It got to the point where I would brace myself just to swallow, it felt and still does like knives. I am finally on a pain patch, and IV pain pump. It might offset my release day. I was wanting to come home this Friday, but my counts are still a bit low also. We won't know if the transplant is working until probably 90-100 days from now, when they will likely do a scan/and or bone marrow biopsy. They then continue to scan and monitor every 3 months. If I make it to a year post SCT that is a good sign, but if not the FDA just came out with one of the first drugs for Hodgkin's in over 30 years, and those who have relapsed many more times over are showing great response to this new drug!

So sorry to hear about the setbacks. Hoping that one of these treatments gets rid of it for good. You're such a strong woman Chris, keep fighting!

Big Hugs from me and my girls :hug2:

Hi Christine! I'm praying for you! I hope you get strong and are able to come home soon!

Love and hugs from all of us here!

Thanks girls! To those who have sent me PM's too. Feeling good this afternoon. Doctor said maybe home as soon as Friday, but he see's me heading home no later than Monday. Maybe if things go well and I'm up to it, I can slowly start making toys again!

We just want you to get better lady! Then we'll abuse you with toy making! Muahahaha!! I have a new little girl that is patiently awaiting for your recovery. But in all seriousness, take care of yourself. All of the fuzzbutts can wait! :D

Latest posts

Back