Today she dances with the Angels

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello, I am new to these forums, and have not gotten to know you...but I would like to share some words I have often shared with friends at a time of loss. :angel6:

If Tomorrow Starts Without Me

If tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me;
I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
While thinking of the many things
We didn't get to say.

I know how much you love me,
As much as I love you,
And each time that you think of me,
I know you'll miss me too.
But if tomorrow starts without me,
Please try to understand
That an angel came and called my name,
And took me by the hand.
He said my place was ready,
In heaven far above,
And that I'd have to leave behind
All those I dearly love.

But as I turned to walk away,
A tear fell from my eye
For all my life, I'd always thought,
I didn't want to die. I had so much to live for,
So much left yet to do.
It seemed almost impossible,
That I was leaving you.
I thought of all the yesterdays,
The good ones and the bad,
I thought of all the love we shared,
And all the fun we had.

If I could relive yesterday,
Just even for a while,
I'd say good-bye and kiss you
And maybe see you smile.
But then I fully realized,
That this could never be,
For emptiness and memories,
Would take the place of me.

And when I thought of worldly things,
I might miss come tomorrow,
I thought of you, and when I did,
My heart was filled with sorrow.
But when I walked through heaven's gates,
I felt so much at home.
When God looked down and smiled at me,
From His great golden throne,

He said, "This is eternity,
And all I've promised you
Today your life on earth is past,
But here life starts anew.
I promise no tomorrow,
But today will always last,
And since each day's the same way
There's no longing for the past.
You have been so faithful,
So trusting and so true.
Though there were times
You did some things
You knew you shouldn't do.
But you have been forgiven
And now at last you're free.
So won't you come and take my hand
And share my life with me?"

So if tomorrow starts without me,
Don't think we're far apart.
For every time you think of me,
I'm right here, in your heart.

Laurie, I have no words that I can say that would adequately reflect what I feel. All I can say is *huge hugs* Your sister was an amazing woman.

I'm sorry for you lost, but I'm happy she end her journey with all her loved ones. I think speading her ahes at that meaningfull place is a really good thing. RIP Lisa.

*Hugs* I will be praying for your family as you mourn your loss. But I also know that you are celebrating that she can be with God now. Words can not really express how I feel for you. Just know that I am praying.

I know for myself that having the hope of God and heaven means so much. I don't know what I would do with out that eternal hope.

There is no death

There is a plan far greater than the plan you know;
There is a landscape broader than the the one you see.
There is a haven where storm-tossed souls may go-
You call it death-we, immortality.

You call it death- this seeming endless sleep;
We call it birth- the soul at last set free.
'Tis hampered not by time or space- you weep.
Why weep at death? 'Tis immortality.

Farewell, dear voyageur-'twill not be long.
Your work is done-now may peace rest with thee.
Your kindly thoughts and deeds- they will live on.
This is not death- 'tis immortality.

Farewell, dear voyageur-the river winds and turns;
The cadence of your song wafts near to me,
And now you know the thing that all men learn:
There is no death- there's immortality.

Lisa lives on. In every memory of her, in the lives of her children, in the hearts of your sisters, in the touch of your mother. She has found peace and will be with you always. Talk to her, she will listen. May her strength live on in you and your family and give you what you need to make it through.

Laurie, my deepest sympathies for you and your family. I'm glad Lisa is finally and completely at peace and forever out of pain.

Oh, Laurie, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lisa was a special person to many people on this forum, as well as to your family. I'm glad that she was able to die at peace and with those she knew and loved around her. I think she probably felt all of our prayers, too, and that they helped lift her up to dance with the angels in Heaven.

I pray for comfort and peace for you and your family at this difficult time. :flowers4:

Last edited:
Laurie, I'm so sorry for your loss, although we don't know each other and I'm not good with words, but I pray and thank lord to end Lisa's suffering, she's in a better place she's in God's embrace. Take care of yourself.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but Lisa's up in heaven now dancing with the angels! Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers!

I'm sorry that Lisa had to go.

Please remember that you didn't loose her though. Quite the opposite! God called her and she is found. She is to be congratulated. She fought and suffered and won. She won over the pain and suffering and was able to keep God in her heart.

I'm looking out at a beautiful sky, seeing all the people, pets, trees and I can't help but wonder what could be more peaceful or beautiful than this. But there is. And your sister is there.

There is a relatively short amount of time to spend here until we see our mothers and sisters again, compared to the eternity that we will some day spend with them.

*hugz* for Laurie and for Rickman

usually I'm quite good with words, but not today. All I can say is that I'm so very sorry and that I wish I was there so I could at least offer you a hug.
I'm sure Lisa is at peace now.

thinking of you all,

amanda
xxxxxx

Laurie, my condolences to you and your family. There is nothing more than I can say.

I also can't read any of these comments people left as I cry. Death is never easy to handle for me, even of someone I never met. Laurie you are by far a stronger person than I and I hope I can someday be as brave as you, your family, but mainly Lisa was. RIP

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time Laurie. I am so sorry to read about your sister, I know from your posts what an amazing person she was. Hugs.

Laurie,

One of the very first posts I ever read on CnQ back in the day was one of your Lisa updates, and I knew at that moment that this forum had some really amazing people, with really amazing stuff to offer. Long before our discussions on books, gymnastics and delicious food, I followed Lisa's story. I got to know Lisa through you, but I also got to know you through Lisa. Because of your words, I know what a strong and courageous person your sister was throughout her life. I hope that you realize, too, how strong and courageous you are- something else I became aware of through your posts. You two amazed me, her with her fighter's spirit and you with your unwavering presence at her side. I cannot tell you how glad I am that Lisa came to accept her death and that she was able to leave this world at peace. Lisa had a profound and personal impact on many people, both in real life and through her sister's chinchilla-based cyber existence, and she will be missed by many.

My heart goes out to you, Lynelle and the rest of her friends and family.

Laurie I just read about your beautiful sister and am sending a hug. Please accept my deepest heart felt sympathy. Thank you for sharing her story. Our lives are forever busy with home life, that we never hear these wonderful stories about someones courage and love. Those posts were followed by many of us who in turn sent out our most powerful prayers. She showed who was the boss!! She beat that cancer right up to the end. ( making a very large smile and wiping a tear ):angel8:

Back