The name game..what in your chins name?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My lady wife is utterly enamored of the A Team - was one of her favorite shows growing up... so... our first two boys were Murdock (standard) and B.A. (extra dark ebony) (and we have since added Hannibal (white mosaic) and Face (hetero beige))...

Our first two girls, mother and daughter, named after colors - pink whites, mother has a grey patch on shoulder... so... Smudge and Blanca...

Bella (black velvet) and Chai (homo beige) came to us already named, we liked them, so we kept them...

We added a gorgeous white mosaic from Miss Christine in Nashville (Volunteer Chins) and named her Fluffnutter... just seemed to fit, lol...

We have two other girls - one standard, named Bug, for her splendidly oversized eyes - and one black velvet, named Folly (as my wife also thinks we may have gotten a little carried away with the chins... but she is a gorgeous Ryerson BV girl!)

Our last fella is named after one of the characters from Tropic Thunder (another of the lady wife's fave movies... she's a bit odd...) and he is a standard named Linc (short for Lincoln Osiris - the sarge played by Robert Downey Jr)...

Cloud - My little standard gray boy - When I got him, I was originally told he was a girl and named him Adi, but then found out he was a boy (I guess he hit puberty?) And the name Cloud just came up and stuck!
In the near future I hope to either get a pink/white or ebony and respectively name them Cotton or Storm (I guess to stick along the lines of weather, cause I like it! Haha.)

Tum Tum was named since we saw a movie as a kid and it god stuck for me. Its from an old move called the 3 Ninjas. lol Bam Bam I kinda got after watching Flintstones and then wanted to keep me rhyming double worded. lol I think they like them since they respond to it. heheheh

Sprocket...well, my boyfriend and I are both engineers and nerds, and have thought about an engineering/science theme to naming our animals. We thought Sprocket was cute and it just kinda stuck. She's now become Sprocket the Rocket, after her love of flying out of the cage at whoever dares open the door.

Both my boys are rescues and came with their names but I kept the names. Here's why:

Miesha - I planned to keep the name because I thought it sounded beautiful but I looked it up because I wasn't positive what it meant or what it's origin was. Russian, comes from the name Michael, means gift from God. How could I take that name away from him? It means exactly what I feel for him.

Sonic - His previous owner was a Sonic the Hedgehog fan. He's a speedy little chin so the name really does fit.

my girls name is Cinnamon, she is coming with that name.
i would assume her previous owner named her that because she's Beige.

My girl is named Karleigh. I thought and thought of names before I got her & couldn't decide then on our way home with her Karleigh just came to mind and I think it fits her because she is really cute :)

My chins' names are: Cotton (white fluff ball), Sapphire (a sapphire, I know not too original), Ebony(a dark standard), Silvio (a white silver), Magic (a TOV violet that his previous owners said was a color miracle, like magic), Zorro (a white mosaic with a black mask), Cookie (a white ebony that reminds me of cookies and cream ice cream), Cinnamon (a hetero beige), Mama Rose (homo beige) & Rescue (a very large dark standard male I just acquired from someone who's friend found him and his stuff by a dumpster in August)!

well, my very first chin, Chester, passed away about a year ago, he was a rescue, and came with the name. now, i have a Lily, Willow, Daisy, Rosealie....and a whole bunch more. i started with a flower theme because of Lily, but ran out of flowers, haha

When I decided to get my chin, I wanted to name him before I got him just because I knew that if I didn't, I'd never call him by his actual name.

My boyfriend suggested Chester and got really attached to the idea, so I went with it! I find it suits him, and we've come up with a lot of nicknames. I call him my Chester-Bee, or just Bee, and my boyfriend calls him Chester-Poo or Mr. Poo.

Annabelle means easy to love, and she is!!!!! Shadow is my brother's chin although both girls in the long run are staying with me :). He didn't want a girly name and she is a standard but has a gorgeous distinction of light and dark grey with a white belly, it looks like she's covered in shadows.

Woodrow, we wanted something different and I wanted it to kind of be an old-fashioned name. We were debating between Woodrow and Arnold (Arnie), but after seeing him run around a bit the first night and get himself covered in wood shavings, we went with Woodrow lol. My boyfriend calls him Woody Boy for short.

Woodrow, we wanted something different and I wanted it to kind of be an old-fashioned name. We were debating between Woodrow and Arnold (Arnie), but after seeing him run around a bit the first night and get himself covered in wood shavings, we went with Woodrow lol. My boyfriend calls him Woody Boy for short.

Haha, aww that is too cute! :rofl:

I'm trying to decide on some cute names. It is so hard to decide!

My only chinchilla (for now) is Dusty. He is a Beige that I got from Jags. On the way home I couldn't figure out what to name him. My mom kept throwing out ideas and they just weren't clicking. Then she looked at me and said "Dusty!" Needless to say I fell in love with it and it stuck. Thinking about getting him a girlfriend and have no idea what I would name her!

Our first three Chins my wife named Jack, Gus, and George no reason that is just what she wanted to call them.

Then when we found out one was a girl and had little ones we kept only one which is an Ebony so we named her Eby.

Then we got our first Beige girl and my wife named her Coral for her coloring. We then got another Beige female and she was just alittle baby about the same age as Eby and all she did was squeek all the time so her name is Squeeker.

We then got three Mosaic chins and we have only named one so far and his name is Frisky because he is just all over the place all the time and very fisty but very sweet at the same time. If my wife has named the other two I do not know.

i already said how Fluffy got her name.
my husband named our male chin Boo or Boo Boo because he's hard to see at night.
and if you don't know where he is he'll make a noise or run around in his cage, scaring you lol.

I have Nemo which is a standard, his name means the god of dream.
And a white mosaic Omen, since he has totally opposite color of Nemo we figure we will name him backwards of Nemo, so, Omen is also a horror movie charactor. Lol

Well my little Chinny had the name Naiteri or something like that when I bought her, but I couldn't pronounce it right-i'm from texas lol- so I was brainstorming with my brother & I wanted to keep the Ch in her name, & the song from mary poppins was playing in my head.
"Chim Chimney, chim chimney chim chim Churry- & so there I just changed the spelling to make it like a name...

Latest posts

Back