The name game..what in your chins name?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My chinchilla got the name Scoops because she always seems to pick things up and put them into piles (toys, poop, etc) and my boyfriend joked I had my own personal pooper scooper and Scoops just stuck :)

Kir ( K - ear) is my little males name. I got the name from a character on an anime I watched. He was a cool character and was grey themed and matched with Kir's light ebony fur ^^

Aiyamu (Eye- yuh- moo) was a name that popped into my head that I had heard from somewhere (probably some anime) that sounded really cute. I call her Mumu for short though :D

When i got cappy his name was Copernicus and cappy just kind of fit. Then i got mishka my white mosaic who was formerly named marishka. mishka means little white bear, or mouse and i thought it was totally perfect. so now i have my cappy and my mishka! :)

My first chin his name was buddy because he was going to be my best little buddy (rip little guy)

Maya or as he real name is Mayan is because i am an history buff and was researching about Mayans at the time.

I never named my first 2 chinchillas because I couldn't think of appropriate names. Their nicknames stuck. They are twins. Chillie Pepper and Chillie Brother. Very original, huh?

Whenever I name any pet I typically use a favorite character from a book. I wanted her name to be short and sweet but unique, and I ended up with Tally, from the book series 'Uglies' by Scott Westerfield.

We named Orville after the popcorn brand, because he popcorns a lot.

I picked "Wally" arbitrarily. I always liked the name, since I saw the movie Wall-e.

This list will be long....and not including the rainbow bridge travelers....

Anyah
Ande
Aries
Bean
Chardonnay
Chloe
Coconut
Isis
Izzy
Monty
Kiwi
Nugget
Tiberius
Raisen
Ramona

Don't think Im forgetting anyone....;p
Raven

Chin Boys

Pikachu ~ A black and white ebony male. Named by my boyfriend because some of his markings are exactly like the pokemon pikachu.

Kiwi ~ A tan male. Named by me! because his fur is almost the same color as a kiwi. And he is a huge sweety <3

Ive posted previously about Charlie and Inca, but not the new boys that are comming. Smokey (Mosaic) and Bandit (dark Ebony) will be joining me in a couple weeks. My hubby has been a S&B fan since he was 8yrs old. For our 10 year anniversary last year, I snuck and got a loan for him to get his dream car. It's a black 1978 all original Trans Am complete with Gold Eagle and T-tops. It looks just like the one in the movie. Anyway... he is getting me the babies for Valentines Day (early I know). I told him that he could name the black one and of course he said Bandit! I thought it was inevitable the the other be Smokey. So there you have it, Smokey and Bandit!

Mayan or as he is known for Maya got his name from me being into reading up on history and it just so happens that when i got Maya I was reading about the Mayan's.

Buddy got his name because he was going to be my best buddy and he was my best buddy for the short time he was here

Magyk was named Magyk because when we first got her, she was rather flighty. We would walk past her cage and she would be in one spot, then gone to hide. We used to joke that it looked like she could apparate so we thought Magic would be a good name, but I thought the spelling of Magyk looked cooler when I saw it on the cover of one of my books.

It's rather funny now, because she's obsessivly looking for attention whenever you go by the cage these days, completely different from how she used to be.

Quaker: We got him on 1/13 and we don't know what to feed him as a "Treat" and we also have hamster and we feed them oatmeal so we tried to feed our Chinchilla oatmeal. One day we know we needed to name him and we saw him eating oatmeal and do anything for it. So that's our Chinchilla's story, QUAKER!
We feed him Quaker brand oatmeal.

Tiko

My chinchilla's name is Tiko because he is named after my first chinchilla Tiki. Tiki was named after the man on youtube's chinchilla of the same name. Those videos convinced me to get a chin and also I think the name is super cute!

Latest posts

Back