The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not at home, so I am going from memory. I am assuming that the current wheels attach through a hole in the frame. I'd take one of them off and take it to home depot. As long as the diameter of the long piece attached to the wheel(I'm sure there is a technical term, but I don't know it) is small enough to fit in the hole it should be fine.

Sorry if this question was already posted on this thread, but there are now too many pages LOL.
Are these the bass pans that fit in a FN?? http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx
Also, I was told on a rat forum to not get just plain galvanized steel because it soaks up the urine smell. So I had to paint my rat cage with Rustolem - would I have to do that with these pans??
Thanks so much!!

Sorry if this question was already posted on this thread, but there are now too many pages LOL.
Are these the bass pans that fit in a FN?? http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx
Also, I was told on a rat forum to not get just plain galvanized steel because it soaks up the urine smell. So I had to paint my rat cage with Rustolem - would I have to do that with these pans??
Thanks so much!!

To answer your first question, yes, those are the pans that are ordered for the FN's.

As far as your second question, my oldest pans from bass equipment are about 2 years old and they still look pretty new and shiny. I clean them with a vinegar/water solution and I don't smell any urine.

ferret nation company was 1-800-428-8560 <- If you want to order the wheels from FN

I couldn't find any wheels that would work at my Ace but good luck

Can anyone provide specifics on what to look for at the hardware store for replacement casters? Are there different sizes, if so which size works best for an FN? Any tricks or considerations that may help someone replace a caster?

I have not broken one yet, but I have read the above questions asked a couple of times, but I don't recall seeing an answer.

Official Ferret Nation club Member: Check out the new digs :)

The hidey houses, fleece liners, pvc tube shelves, small bed on the first level were made courtesy of member: harleygirl. She is wonderful and her husband is great. It only took her and her husband one evening to make all of my stuff. Such lifesavers and great craftsmanship :)

The hammocks were made by quality mutation chinchillas. Sarah your work is soo great. They're adorable and you sent them so quick.

I will be buying from you all again very soon!!! Thanks sooo much for making Big and Aidan's digs so special and cute!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0287.jpg
    IMG_0287.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG_0288.jpg
    IMG_0288.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
I have to update, since I'm up to 3 FN's now! Patty has one all to herself, for now. In about 6 months I might look around for a friend for her...
;)

She's in the middle cage.

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

I get to join the Ferret Nation Club too!...lol. I found one on craigslist (a 142), stared at for a week while I tried to talk myself out of it, then I finally went and got it today. $125 and in excellent condition (complete with plastic shelf covers, plastic pans and wire ramps that I'll never use). It'll be used for show prospects. I really like it already and I'm just staring at it empty. :D

You can build them to be seperate, or use the "hole" to pass through from one level to the next, depending on your needs.
We watch a few different websites for sales, which happen periodically.
The best ones to keep an eye on are:

www.ferret.com
www.kennelvet.com
www.amazon.com

If you'd like to see how the chins can pass from one level to the next, here's a video of my old set up (which has changed a bit, but the passage part is the same.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yOiVaoOWxQ

Here are a few photos of Winstons FN 142!! The palace!

the bottom level
DSCF8780.jpg

the top level
DSCF8775.jpg

since the photos have been taken, I have changed the cube to a different pattern, and I have also added a tube from Alli at Camphor Chins!!

I think he is a happy camper!!! Soon, I will put up his christmas tree!! LOL:dance3:

Ah, I need to take pictures of my guys' setups, but I change them all the time haha. Zim, Jemma, and Atlas all have FNs. Next year I'm adding on to Atlas' FN 141 so Ninja can have his own section, then I will be (hopefully) be getting another FN 142 for Pixie and Peanut. Then I will definitely be set. Yay for overtime!

Tomorrow my neighbor who has a tile saw is going to trim the tile I bought for the bottom of the cage. Ceramic, gray, and a STEAL at $.78/each. :) $5.00 did the bottom shelf. Now I just have to make a successful liner for the cut out pan and figure out how in blazes I'm getting this thing to my apartment! (3rd storey... oh gods help us!)

Those of you who have moved a FN 142, how did you do it? Did you take the whole thing apart, or just unscrew the separate sections and load them as 2'x3' boxes?

If you take everything out of the cage, and have two people carrying it, you can easily get it up to the 3rd flr without taking it apart. It's heavy, but not super heavy. My husband and I can carry a 142 without an issue. The 143's start getting heavy. :p

Latest posts

Back