The Ferret Nation Club

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently made mine a 3-level. I'm 5'5" and I can still get a chin out of the top. Like Crysta said, its much easier if you take the bottom shelf off. I actually have pegs in the bottom of mine, which add about 2", but they aren't necessary.

DSC02339cr.jpg

DSC02338.jpg

Hello,

I just purchased my Ferret Nation Cage today. Haven't set it up because we are moving to Wisconsin tomorrow.

Are there any good places online to buy fleece?

Just got my 142 today and this is phase 1! I have a lot to do/replace but this is a start.

Made a few shelves and some fleece bedding from the DYI sticky.

So happy I found this thread and all the great ideas for the cage. Looking forward to enriching Handbag's environment.

Attachments

• cage.jpg
    cage.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 290
So in total, we have 6 Ferret Nations.

2 for our Chinchillas
2 for our Ferrets
2 for the infirmary(Where we keep our sick little patients and/or the ones that are being quarentined. We quarentine our animals before putting them with others because we feel its safer for their health).

Right now, we have old t-shirts as bedding so we're looking around for fleece.

I am SO excited !!! Found a 142 for $80! Hoping its in good shape when I pick it up tomorrow!!

Happiness - I would remove the tshirts asap - that fabric can unravel and cause impactions. I would use pine shavings or find fleece ASAP.

YAY!

I finally joined the FN club! Hehe. I just got the 141 for now. But I think I can offically say my boys LOVE it! I spent the days leading up to delivery making my fleece accessories (By hand OMG...what a pain!). DH keeps asking me why I had to go with girly fleece. LOL I still have 3 more fleece sets to make....I need to at least get a second pan liner done today/tomorrow so I have one for wash day.

Still need to get a bass pan too. But that'll be next pay check!

Assembly was a PAIN! Wish I'd been warned..

YAY I LOVE THIS!..

cage.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg

cage4.jpg

cage5.jpg

I am also finally a member of the FN Club! Woot! I had the biggest fiasco trying to get this thing put together though. I ordered the 141 from amazon, but when it came, the box was missing a few parts. No worries, I just called up the helpline and ordered the missing parts. Unfortunately, the parts I needed were on backorder, and it took over a month to finally get them shipped to me! I also had troubles with my bass pan, as the first time they tried to ship it to me, it got damaged during shipping, so it was also delayed in getting to me so it could be replaced. Whew! But I finally got everything together today, and my boy Apollo has a nice new cage! I even put it together all by myself. (/pats self on back) Please forgive my poor interior decorating skills, I just wanted to get him in there! I am also still waiting on a few more items so the cage is still a bit sparse. But I was just so excited to finally share Apollo and his new cage! Yay!

Oh, and special thanks to all the suppliers on here who made the stuff I put in there, Carise, Alli, and Susan! Everything turned out adorable and I can tell Apollo loves everything by the way he has already started to destroy it all...

Attachments

• IMG_0437.jpg
    IMG_0437.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_0439.jpg
    IMG_0439.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 244
I am still looking for a working number for MidWest. I need to buy about 5 sets of FN142/Critter Nation wheels. I have about 5 nations in my rescue and most of them have at least 2 wheels that are broken. I have to move the cages around the clean them/arounf them.

IF anyone has the direct number that I can call them please let me know! (PLEASE EMAIL ME)

I tried Ace and they didn't have the right wheels.

Does anyone have the internal dimensions of the 141 and 142? Also is one level sufficient space for 1 chin?

In my opinion, one level is definitely enough space for one chin. I originally bought my 142 for my single chin, and she's never seen the bottom half, haha. For months I just used the bottom for storage, until I got my second chin. Now they each have their own half and they seem perfectly happy with it. You don't realize how big the cage is until it's actually in your house haha.

That being said, I'm sure any chin would LOVE to have two levels to run around in. Just saying I don't think it's necessary, especially if you're on a budget. Plus if you get the 141 now, you can always expand later (even though it will end up costing you more in the long run, it might be more affordable at the time.)

Also I just realized I didn't post updated pictures in here of my DOUBLE DECKER CHINNIES! I only have my crappy cellphone pictures on this computer, but I'll update later :))

Okay, this seals it! when I get my financial aid refund, I am getting at least one FN 142! i have all the liners for it..Thanks Crysta! so now I just need the pans and the FN! :)

Therese, Apollo is gorgeous and I love the set up and all the toys! Sabin looked at the pictures and got very excited and jealous! ;)

xcoronoaangelx, you don't have an email posted in your contacts, so I just pm'd you the info.

thanks! I sent you an email I have ordered the wheels $22.50 for a set of 4 :hair: but it's worth it bc I have to drag all the cages around the room with no wheels which is a pain lol

thanks! I sent you an email I have ordered the wheels $22.50 for a set of 4 :hair: but it's worth it bc I have to drag all the cages around the room with no wheels which is a pain lol

haha, I misread this and thought you guys were talking about exercise wheels. I was like "WHAT!!!! $22.50?!? Where can I get those?!"
Now I get it though.........

Back