Tempature and the Limits!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did they come out with a new addition? The one I had said it was ok to give chins corn on the cob also!

Unfortunatley their website has the same old info, the sum of the temp and humidity should not exceed 150, that's sad.

I took a break. To be honest, I know its none of you guy's/lady's fault. But reading the same thing over and over, was giving me stress to the max. I needed to just sign out and just get away. This site was putting me in a bad mood for a week.

BUT! On a happy side of things. After I chilled out for a few days, I sat down and talked with my parents, showed them quotes from several sources about the temp situation and also went over that newer models of AC units. You know the energy saving ones.

So, they agreed to let me have one for me room. My Visa hates me right now, but that's what jobs are for.

Yes, I have a 3 month old little boy chin, named Povel. Who had his first official play time today. He got a week to just chillax in his cage getting used to the sounds of my bedroom, and some soft music.

congrats on povel. we love pix here!
glad you did the research, took the advice, got the air conditioner & got your baby.
soon you will understand the passion behind the posts and you are sure to be on here frequently with questions, funny stories & before you know it you will be giving advice to the newbies on the importance of air conditioning!

PS--my chinnies love a variety of music and have penchant for Cartoon network!!

Won't repeat it but exactly what Michelle said above plus my congratulations to you as well! :))

Just for future reference since I didn't see anyone say it - it is really easy to put a window A/C in a window that opens sideways. Use a piece of wood as the top horizontal support that braces against the window on on side and the frame on the other. To cover the hole at the top, buy a piece of plexiglass and use some clear packing tape to really seal up the gaps if it doesn't stay tight on its own. I've done this in 3 places that I have lived and it worked great.

Congratulations on the new little one. I would like to thank you for taking the time to consider the advice you were given even though we were upsetting you. You're new little guy will thank you , too.

Congrats on your new chin and your new a/c unit. Glad that your parents understood the necessity of it. I live in Chicago and many days/nights in the summer I can have the windows open. But most days, I have the air on to get the heat down and also to decrease the humidity level. (Plus, I run the dehumidfier in my basement.) Your chin will be much safer and happier with cooler temps, especially during playtime. Enjoy!

Back