Stink Bugs

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolyphinm

Whoever thought stink bugs were a fantastic idea in order to control lady bugs I want to kill youuuuu. Actually I want them to come to my house and get rid of the invasion I have going on.

During the summer a couple might get inside, but today was just creeptastic. Turn on my bedroom light and bam 20 sitting on the walls. Now I am more of a tom boy, but bugs is where I get girly. I caught and flushed I don't know how many tonight. I usually can't even kill a bug so me doing all this was a lot. I would open up a cabinet and see some hiding out in a corner and just scream.

I am calling someone tomorrow to see what they can do.

If you don't know what they are: http://www.ent.iastate.edu/images/hemiptera/stinkbug/brown_stink_bug_adult.jpg

Supposedly, there is nothing you can do for them. We've had them crawling all over our house all summer, and I agree. Last few days have been especially bad. The screens are covered in them. Ugh.

So far I've only had a couple in the house but geesh they are everywhere outside :( and 'stink bug' is right phew they stink!!

They were accidentally introduced, they were not purposly released in PA. I hate them, I am terrified of them

Michelle I feel your pain! Today was esspecially bad. They are coming in the ac in the chin room.
Dam bugs!!

Do you want to see a stink bug I found here? He was AMAZING! Tara hates me for taking pictures of him, but...I am going to post him here. He looks like a little superhero bug.

Attachments

• P1020168.jpg
    P1020168.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 71
  • P1020170.jpg
    P1020170.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 65
Our stink bugs are less pretty...more greenish, but equally stinky. I absolutely love lady bugs, and they are great for pest control in the garden. I don't think stink bugs are as helpful, but they don't bother me at all. There are a lot nastier bugs flying and crawling around that "bug" me more.

Susan, that's not a stink bug, it's an assassin bug. They're really cool, they hunt and eat other bugs. We had some that would decorate their bodies in lint/fur and stalk around looking for other bugs.

We also had a box elder bug infestation (same body, different color). They smelt bad, but stink bugs really stink, like a skunk. You hit one and you can't breathe.

Yeah we have the ones that are just plain green and brown, but I have warned my kids DONT kill them . My son brought one into the house as a "pet" and found out they really dont like to be caged. We arent having an invasion here, just a few around .

Oh wow! He looks just like a stink bug, same size and shape... I learn something new every day. Of course, his coloring is awesome enough to be an assassin. :D I've only seen that one bug that color with that pattern.

And, no I didn't paint him and put him in a pouch. I just cleaned him up, fed him and let him on his merry way. :p

We found the source of the invasion! And by we I mean my boyfriend, hehe. It's the a/c units here too pam only we have no central air so we have 3. The one in the kitchen has been taken out now. The one in my bedroom has been taped all the way around and the chin room hasn't been that bad, but it still should be taped before they move there next.

Throwing them in soap and water really knocks them out fast. Invassive species is about the only time i can bring myself to kill a bug. WWIII is a stink bug war.

That is one crazy looking bug Susan. Can you send him up this way so i can have him guard my house lol?

Back