sleeping standing against his cage

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luci

Gizmo's roommate
is it normal for them to sleep standing up, against their cages? he was having play time and went in his cage and just stood up and leaned into the cage to sleep. when i poked him, he perked up and is running around again. normal?

i posted pics. its kinda funny. but still makes me concerned.

Attachments

• DSCN0234.jpg
    DSCN0234.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 68
Aw, what a cutie pie, look at those front paws sticking out of the cage like that, lol. You should see some of the pics in chin chat of chins sleeping. I think there's a pic of a chin who sleeps on their back with all of his paws up, gave his owner a heart attack the first time he saw him in that position, heehee.

Totally normal! I have lots of chins who do this. It's cute as heck! I often find myself wondering how if the world it's even comfortable! Or when the hunch over still standing and sleep, those chins are funny little creatures!

Generally I've noticed that if it doesn't involve losing bodily fluids or weight, when you ask if something we think is weird is "normal" for a chin, the answer is yes. The longer I have these guys (and the longer I hang out here) the less "normal" I think they are. :D Which, of course, is part of what makes them so awesome to have around.

Normal...see =) She's the only one out of my chins who does it, but she does it a lot! Ever since she first came to me...

Sleeping standing up behind a printer...
n502678932_436734_9954.jpg

Sleeping while standing on a ledge...
(the noise of the camera made her open her eyes a bit, but she was sleeping)
n502678932_537457_4768.jpg

n502678932_537459_5282.jpg

haha yeah Ferdinand does that- I began just saying he decided to go comatose (once I knew he was ok and just deciding to sleep in silly positions)

they're such doofuses

thanks so much everyone!!!

i find myself less and less paranoid each day. and i loved all the other pics of silly chin positions. these critters sure are strange!

Back