Seminar by Gary Neubauer Nov. 14-15th

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcr

Hi everyone,

Gary Neubauer and I have been discussing the possibility of having a seminar at Bowen's Chinchilla Ranch in So. California this coming November. The seminar would be all day Saturday and ending at 1pm on Sunday. Gary will be teaching on all aspects of chinchilla ranching and he will have visual aids to help demonstrate fur color and quality under show lights. Gary has asked me to find out many people would be interested in attending this seminar. If there is at least 20 people committed to attending then he will proceed with the plan. So I'm trying to get a feel for how many people would be interested in going. If you have any questions ask away and I will forward them to Gary. Thanks!

This one, I would kill to get to go to. I may just check into flying out then. I have no idea where they live, but are their hotels and an airport nearby?

I would kill to go to this one as well. Is there anyway they could podcast it or something for us who are so far away? It would be great to watch...or if anyone going could tape the seminar, I would gladly buy a copy. Darn living so far away!!!!

I will definitely be there. It's almost an 8 hr. drive from Manteca down to Anza but going to Gary's is always worth it. Where they live is in the desert and I don't recall it being too close to any airports... it's probably about 2 hours away from LAX.

This one, I would kill to get to go to. I may just check into flying out then. I have no idea where they live, but are their hotels and an airport nearby?
The ranch is in Anza, CA. It's about an hour drive from Palm Springs, CA.

I should be done with school by then, and depending on finances, and if I have a new job or not would be interested in flying out. Any other east coasters/PA people interested in going out???

RCR do you know the date/(s) for the fall claiming show? I'm just asking because the show is usually in November. If the show and seminar doesn't have a conflict with each other I am planning on coming.

People that are planning on flying in maybe San Diego Airport might be closer to Anza then LAX.

I also would really like to attend. Which airport is closest? San Diego or Palm Springs? Dang it.....LOL OK Saving money AGAIN. I am looking into stuff.

Maybe if we had enough info a bunch of us could meet at a hotel and ride together in a few cars instead of all of us renting one. We could just all chip in.

Last edited:
Hey, I'll be in So Cal the week before! Darn it. But it would be interesting if someone were to record it or something. Maybe it would work out... i have family in palm springs.... hmmmm

I will check into hotels and rental cars and when the fall claiming show is. I will also ask Gary about videotaping it. I think that is a wonderful idea. Thanks.

It may be a go

Here is the response I received from Gary. I'm very excited about this seminar.

Hi Sarah;

Regarding the seminar. The closest airport are Sacramento, San Jose, Oakland and San Francisco.
We would plan a social get together in a hospitality room on Friday night. Seminar all day Saturday. Just one session after the other. Short break for lunch. Continue in the afternoon. Have a banquet (informal) in the evening. Continue the seminar on Sunday til about 1pm.
The education part will be the best ever done in a concentrated time period.
The fee should be about $ 25.- for Empress members (per ranch), $ 35.- for non members. I think it will benefit all newer ranchers and breeders tremendously. Without a solid foundation of the basics, it is difficult
to succeed. I plan on starting to organize. I shall contact everybody via E-mail today and be in touch with you next week.

Thank you for your help.
Yours, Gary

Sarah - now I'm confused all the airports mentioned are in Northern Ca and Bowen Ranch is in Southern CA so where is the seminar? Also there was no mention about the fall claiming show.

Ya, I thought he said it was going to be at his ranch but he must have changed it or I misunderstood. I forgot to ask about the claiming show. I'll send him another email.

Back