Pyometra again?!?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's a lot of information :) Thanks for the help. I thought people said that Mazuri is the best you can give?

Mazuri is one of the better foods out there, yes. However, some chins do not do well on it. My girl, Hash, did fine on Mazuri, as did my boy, Monaco. However, when I got Cuda, he had soft poos, so I switched to a different feed and all seem to be doing well on it.

No food is the "best" food you can give, as all chins react differently to different foods, just like people. Also, different mills of the same product can have different product. There could be a bacteria in the water they use in the plant my Mazuri got milled from that isn't in the plant Sumi's Mazuri gets milled in. There's so many different factors to consider when discussing feed. But Mazuri is a good feed.

I see. I suppose I could try another feed for a while to see if it helps. Does anyone think that maybe Chilli's death just hit her too hard?

Hey, guys. Chico has a parasite .__.
so...yea...
Guessing she's had it her whole life?
Problem is, my cat can get to her in the travel cage because it doesn't have two layers of bars like her cage has. Too bad it's no longer summer so that since her cage is all wood that I can't take it outside and have that arizona sun burn the contaminated wood clean very efficiently.

Ok, so it's specifically strongyloides. Going to get the meds in an hour!

Oh no, I'm sorry! Be sure to clean out his cage thoroughly (wear gloves if you have open wounds on your hands!), and have you and your other pets checked. Chico might need multiple treatments too, due to the fact most meds don't effect the larvae. Fear me and my parasitic knowledge! [Once you take Zoology, your view of life is never the same. I'm so afraid of undercooked meat and expired foods now, I refuse to eat it.]

I was told it wasn't transferable? Geez, I was never told anything about multiple treatments.

Latest posts

Back