Penguin obsession!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgie_kid

Slave to 1 Prickly Pig
I think I am now officially obsessed with penguins! I have like 50 stuffed penguins in my room, I have about 3 in my locker at school, I have a bunch of penguin shirts, the only good jokes I know are about penguins, my email adress is related to penguins, I carry around a flashlight that is shaped like a penguin almost everwhere i go, and last night i was bored so I looked up how to make an origami penguin online. All I really need is a real penguin and I'm set for life! Is anyboady else a penguin addict? Just curious...

Penguins rock! I have everything from a penguin shower curtain and towels to penguin music boxes and thermometers. Even my car's steering wheel cover has penguins on it. I have a friend from high school that says to this day everytime she sees a penguin she thinks of me.

Not a penguin addict, but I know someone else who is into penguins. I have pretty much the same obsession with goldfish, though.. so you're not alone on the crazy animal obsession thing. I freak myself out.

I'm not an addict, but I love penguins. I saw Gentoo and King penguins at the Melbourne Aquarium a few eeks ago. They were SO cute!! We got there just as the aquarium opened and the penguins are the first thing you see. They were so excited to see the people. They all came running to the glass and were just as interested in us as we were in them.

P1100079.jpg

My friend...
P1100093.jpg

My little sister loves penguins. She has since she had to do a 'report' on them in kindergarten. She's now 10... lol

I love penguins too! Happy Feet wasn't much help either, it just meant there was more penguin merchandise out there for me to pick up.

I also have a dalmation obsession I think... there are quite a few stuffed animals and figurines in my room :p

Don't like penguins, but I am OBSESSED with Duckys! Only the rubber kind. I don't like real ducks....Penguins are awesome in real life. I've touched a couple of them. They're really soft and smooth. And the babies are so cute and furry, and funny looking. But watch out! They can be evil! I got an opportunity to go into the penguin exhibit at Sea World Orlando, and while I was standing there, listening to the instructor, I felt a pinch on the back of my leg, right above my rubber boot....I flinched, and almost kicked backwards until I remembered where I was...I turned around, and there was one of the little punks, standing behind me, cute as could be! The instructor said that his name was "Satan" and he had figured out exactly where the top of the rubber boot ended and where your flesh began....I had a HUGE bruise on my leg for like a week after that. It really actually hurt. Their beaks are pretty sharp, and they can be evil! And dear lord are they LOUD!!! Get into a room of 100+ of them, and your ears are going to squeak penguins for the next week. They're soo noisy! But they're cute, and funny. But their poopy stinks something awful. I grew up on a farm, and penguins are worse by far! I would take cow pies over penguin puddles ANY day of the week! And because of this experience, I can name almost every single penguin I see on tv, in a photo, or in real life....It's almsot traumatizing! I can't even enjoy the penguin without saying "That's an emperor, or that's a king, or that's a chinstrap".....aye! And Lord help us ALL if I can't remember EXACTLY what breed of penguin it is...It'll eat me alive until i figure it out!

Last edited:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! I'd KILL to be in your position and go to that penguin exhibit! I think my obsession evens out with the fact that I would be painfully walking around with a bruise for a week:D. Though I am totally obsessed, the only time I have been relatively close to a penguin was when they were 10 feet away and behind inch thick glass...:cry3:

I have a couple pictures around my apartment somewhere of me touching them. I'm not a huge fan of birds, so going in there was a little scary for me. But it was an experience of a lifetime for sure. They're crazy little boogers. If you're young enough, look into going to a Sea World Adventure Camp, you should get to go into the exhibit. You have to be in school yet(senior or younger) I went the summer after I graduated, that was my graduation present from my parents. It was a pretty good time.

My obsession is with pigs! Pig stuffed animals, pillow cases (well used to have them, but the boyfriend overruled them lol), undies, candles, glasses, etc. Whenever I get a gift, it's usually related to pigs.. My AMAZING secret santa from last year gave me a pig shaped travel pillow!! Still loving it, Mel!!

penguins??!?! WHERE?!?!? OO I LOVE PENGUINS!!! They're my absolute favorite ever since I could remember, though I highly suspect it was my mom's doing- 18 years ago (when I was born) when she bought me a stuffed penguin for a "comfort friend"...and now, its still with me along with my other penguin friends!! x] i have almost everything penguin i can think of, towels, trashcans, clocks, watches, stuffed animals (of course), cookie jars, salt/pepper shakers, mouse pads, laptop cooling pad, pillow case, car cover, car seat cover, slippers.....everything you can think of =D well except for that halloween peguin out fit =D heheheh

penguins??!?! WHERE?!?!? OO I LOVE PENGUINS!!! They're my absolute favorite ever since I could remember, though I highly suspect it was my mom's doing- 18 years ago (when I was born) when she bought me a stuffed penguin for a "comfort friend"...and now, its still with me along with my other penguin friends!! x] i have almost everything penguin i can think of, towels, trashcans, clocks, watches, stuffed animals (of course), cookie jars, salt/pepper shakers, mouse pads, laptop cooling pad, pillow case, car cover, car seat cover, slippers.....everything you can think of =D well except for that halloween peguin out fit =D heheheh

Ok, you can expect me at your house around 6:00 tomorrow morning to pick up the stuff...;)

penguins are adorable! especially the baby ones *awwes* lol

Latest posts

Back