Pearl has TWINS! Tons of pics!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proudmom25

After a long and impatient wait (on my part), Pearl finally delivered two baby boys this morning. Baby #1 weighed in at 53g and baby #2 weighed in at 55g. I feel honoured and blessed to have witnessed the birth. Giddy here!

Here are some much awaited pics (for all of you wonderful ladies that listened to me yap during the process...lol).

Pearl cleaning baby #1
100_5671.jpg

Baby #1 trying to feed on mommy
100_5676.jpg

Baby #1 playing peek-a-boo
100_5681.jpg

Pearl checking on the status of #2
100_5687.jpg

The boys waiting for mommy to come back after a much needed drink.
100_5696.jpg

Baby #1 nursing
100_5698.jpg

Baby #2 nursing
100_5700.jpg

Baby #2 exploring already
100_5703.jpg

Both boys nursing. Can you find baby #2??? Or his foot rather. HE HE!
100_5705.jpg

Baby #1 in natural light...as much as I could find. LOL!
100_5708.jpg

100_5709.jpg

100_5710.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! I am so glad everything went well! These pictures are just perfection. Congratulations! :D

Aw how cute! It looks like a Ferret Nation cage. If they're still in there, you need to move them to a cage with smaller bar spaces or you could end up with dead babies.

Do you mean that now that the babies are born you wrapped it in smaller wire? Because in those pictures those babies can escape..

HI Jen....the babies are adorable! send them this way...hehehe
It was so nice to be able to go through the delivery with you on the phone!!!!
Healthy and happy babies just what you had hoped for.....(yes I know you were hoping for girls, but just think you can wean them together now....)

For all of you concerned about the cage.

The back and sides have been covered with cardboard (from FN). It is flush against the cage and sits VERY tightly. The cardboard has been wired down in various locations to keep it tight not only around the edges but also in the middle sections. The front has been tightly secured with hardware cloth.

There have been two adult chinchillas in this "babyproof" cage for over 5 weeks. There has not been one bite or chew mark. I have full confidence in my babyproofing. I would not do anything to jeopardize these babies.

I do thank you for your concern.

yea cage looks great jen, no worries ;)
O ok so they do have eb because the pic of that darker tan looks like a het. beige but the pic of his belly threw me off. Great looking kits again!

Back