Paypal Dispute

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BooBoo*TheKiddo*

Hi,

I need opinions.

Someone posted Season 1 and 2 of The Walking Dead online in a facebook selling group in my area. They were an hour away and said they could ship for $2 and took paypal. I got their information and paid.
Then they replied back and said "I also do movies"

Which then set off a light bulb in my head. So I said.. Wait, these aren't the original box sets? Aren't they burnt copies?

They replied with, "Yea, burnt from the box set"

I explained that their post didn't state that and I wasn't aware they were burnt. I didn't need burnt copies and ask if you could send the money back through paypal.

They suddenly got offline (facebook messaging). I've sent several messages with no replies. I find it suspicious that that got offline so quickly.
So I'm debating on filing a dispute with paypal tonight to get my money back.

Should I file now or wait for them to reply? Thoughts...opinions?

File, firstly selling burned copies is illegal. Secondly still illegal. So I'd report them to PayPal and whoever deals with piracy.

I would file a dispute. If you and the seller get it resolved without paypal than you can always close the dispute.

He just got back online and called me an "@$$" because I told him I was filing a dispute with paypal and reporting him for making illegal copies.

Then told me I was a rat who needed to die. Then called me a cry baby.

Edit: Now I'm a dirty rat and a dumb @$$.

Wow, he is so mature. Either way, I got my money back. Thank goodness. All though he is making me mad.

Last edited:
Did you check out the "You can report a transaction problem in the Resolution Center within 45 days of this payment. Have a problem with this transaction? Click here to resolve"? I've never disputed a gift payment but this is what it says at the bottom of the gift payment I recently sent. He knows what he is doing is wrong.

Last edited:
Yea, that is what I clicked and it gave me these options
-- I have a problem with an item I purchased
-- I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize

Then it said: "We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

But he sent the money back but continues to call me names. Ugh.

Never. never. never. send money as goods when purchasing merchandise. You don't get protection as you saw here. I know some sellers request it so they don't have to pay fees, well, not only are they going against Paypal's rules, they also are preventing you from buyer protection.

Glad you got your money back though! Is there a way to block him?

I've learned my lesson on that. The seller can pay the fees...

I blocked him. After I tried to ignore him and he just continued to message me calling me name.

Now to figure out how I can report him for his piracy. *For anyone who has done this before, feel free to give me some insight.

I bought some DVDs on Ebay that were counterfeit, they removed the seller after I (and others) complained about him. I guess that you could complain to paypal and they would probably shut down his account there. They have very strict policies on counterfeit products. I'd contact Paypal directly and give them all the proof you have of this person burning illegal DVDs to sell.

Agreed with the above.

If he continues to harass you (the "continued to message me calling me name"), I'd consider contacting authorities other than PayPal. You could call the non-emergency number to your local police dept and see what they recommend.

If a person sends you more than 4 messages a hour in PA that is considered harrasment and stalking. You can notify the police. I would contact the police anyway, the guy is selling illegal goods and he has your address from the shipping info just to be safe. I bought a set of fake star trek dvds for my grandfather as a gift once. Notified the state police and paypal who took care of everything.

Back