New Chinchilla Brings Me Up to 3!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystic

Super chin!
I went to Monika's today and came home with a 2.5 month old sapphire male. He is just a doll! After I put him into his new cage he came right up to me and nibbled on my fingers. Watch out Toby and Tristan, you may have some competition! :D
Pictures are to come tonight!

Why does everyone have to post threads like this? You know how hard it is to see people keep getting more chinchillas when i only have one. Just you wait.. i'm getting one soon and then I! can post pics!!!

I am excited to see pictures!
Are Sapphire Chins considered rare? I have never seen one before.

Not neccessarily rare, Pan, just a new mutation that are still being worked with to strengthen.

Congrats Morgan, can't wait to see pics!

I want go to to Monika's too.............:(

Congrats on the new bebbie!

Thank you everyone!
On to the pics!

With the flash

And without the flash

He was trying to escape the camera

But he gave up, lol

Best picture so far.

Last edited:
OMG, Morgan! Look at that cute little fuzzy thing! :D There was no way you could ever say no to that. You were doomed from the start...

I love him! What do you think you will name him?

Thank you, Susan!
I was trying to think it over first before I bought him, but like you said I could not have said no even if I tried lol. He was just so fuzzy and friendly I had to take him home!

His name now is Wilbur, but currently I have a "T" trend going with my chinchillas. Like Toby and Tristan, so I was thinking to rename him with something starting with the letter "T"
Any ideas?

Lol well thats a good start! I was thinking more along the lines of non-human names or names that would be classified as unique, but not weird names. If that makes any sense haha

Omg. Tonka!!! How cute is that! That's definitely a possibility. Thank you!
And on another forum I'm on someone has a chin name Tucker, I kinda want something different lol

Thank you everyone! I actually think I decided on a name. Timber. Its cute and simple :D

I see you named your cute little guy, but wanted to tell you what name I came up with for him before I saw you had named him. Tanzie (maybe better for a girl though) but anyway, stems from Tanzanite (the purple-blue gemstone that's oh so beautiful). :)

Thank you Boston!
That's a beautiful name Amanda, thank you, I think i'm going to write down all the suggested names to future use. We all know it won't end at 3! LOL

Latest posts

Back