My Rising Stars!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sycamore Chins

We've had a really big year last year - it started out awful but we switched feed and it's going extremely well now!

I haven't had this many nice youngins ever, and while it's a bit crowded, I wouldn't have it any other way!

These guys will be going with me to the NC show and then to MCBA nationals along with 3-4 others.

The first three are from my Reserve Champion Standard Female at 2009 MCBA Natl's, who we lost from complications of a c-section. All three were raised on a bottle hanging on the cage - no hand feeding! It was the first time we tried it and it went amazingly well! The girls are spitting images of their mom and I almost teared up when I went back through the pictures to pick out the best ones.

The last two are from a pair that consistently throws 1st placers - I'm hoping the female (Percy) will do a little bit better than that.

Curie, Newton, Rosalind + Alexi, Percy

Attachments

• Curie.jpg
    Curie.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Newton.jpg
    Newton.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 63
  • Rosalind.jpg
    Rosalind.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Alexi.jpg
    Alexi.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Percy.jpg
    Percy.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 62
Thanks! She's definitely my favorite of the bunch! Most likely she will be staying here. And Miss Percy has THE whitest belly, yet she has the darkest veiling! I didn't expect that one!

Thank you everyone!

We were on pen pals - had more birthing complications than usual, lost a couple females, and lost even more babies. (A really big deal when you have less than 10 breeding females!) We switched to PRCS and since 111 days from the day we switched we only lost 1 baby out of seven and he was just too small. We have had much better weights on our adults and our old geezer gained 70 grams and has stayed at his new weight.
I used to have a picture to compare the two feeds - the pen pals was pretty much dirt compared to the look and smell of PRCS

Looking good, Alicyn. =)

I've heard the same from other breeders who used Penpals... lots of problems with kits.

Gorgeous Chins! Here's to a Healthy New Year for your herd!

Nice choice of feed. I've had similar wonderful results.

Your kits are amazingly beautiful. I can't wait to see them in person.
Question for you though. How old are they? I've got some little ones here I'd like to enter for judging too, but mine are all very young. Just curious to know how they compare in age with your fuzzbutts. :)

Thanks everyone!
The first three will be 7 months tomorrow, the last 2 are ~2 weeks older. Weight wise they are between 600-700. Percy is the largest and Alexi is the smallest.

Randy/Jeri - you know we could work something out!

Back