My Hoglets :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to meet my little boy! I was thinking about naming him Caeser, but am now am leaning towards Quinn (short for Quinius). :) I cut more liners and even made a little fleece "pit" for him. I just ordered a thermostat, so all I need to get is the dome lamp and the CHE bulb. It's all coming together nicely and soon all I'll need to add is the hedgie!! :D

Just so you know the hoglets have a vet appointment on Wednesday December 29th for their first wellness checkup :) Your little boy is quite chubby - he was 124 grams last night!!!! And he is doing well with eating the dry food and drinking water!

The boy hoglets were separated from mama for 4 hours today! I'm planning on doing 8 hours tomorrow, 10 hours Wednesday, 14 hours Thursday and completely separated by Friday (6week birthday)! The two little boys are doing great! Both are over 120grams and eating like little piglets :) And both are so friendly - they barely ball up when I go to pick them up! I'm so proud of my mama hedgie, Hannah, she has been an amazing mother :)

All three hoglets and mama Hannah had a vet visit today. I wanted to do a wellness checkup before sending the three hoglets off to their new homes next week.
The vet was very impressed with their temperments! She was able to do a full examination - checking their skin and genitals, listening to their hearts, and checking their mouths! She said that her her career as a vet she has never been able to do a full exam on four hedgehogs without having to anesthetize them! She said that many people wait until things are so far gone before bringing their hedgehogs to the vet and by that time the hedgie is upset and uncomfortable.
She said that all the hedgies were in great physical condition and that they are very healthy!
I'm so happy that all the hoglets have done so well - this is my first successful litter and I am thrilled! I hope all the new owners are happy with their hoglets and have a blast raising them to adulthood!!! :dance3:

"Eeeee!!" is the only thing I can say to express my excitement to bring home my little boy. I'm so looking forward to getting to know him and watch him grow. I'm so happy to be bringing home a healthy and socialized hog. :) :)

Here are some pictures from this evening!!

The boys trying out the wheel…
1Boys-2.jpg

One little boy is unsure of the wheel
1Boys2-2.jpg

Maybe its more fun to go underneath??
1Boys3-1.jpg

“I guess I can try it..”
1Light2-1.jpg

“I guess this could be fun!”
1Light-2.jpg

I tried to get a picture of all three – it was unsuccessful LOL :neener:
1Hoglets2.jpg

Here Ebba seems to think her brother tastes funny :)
1Hoglets.jpg

And finally – proud mama Hannah!!! (excuse the poopy foot, she seems to need a bath every night)
1Hannah.jpg

None of the hoglets would sit still for a photo :( I get so frustrated with my camera (it stinks...) Oh well, they are just little hooligans anyways so the pictures show their true side :)

No need to apologize for poopy feet, poopy feet are a sign of a normal, happy hedgehog.

They all look like they are busy little happy hedgehogs. Congrats!

I swear Hannah seeks out poop just to step in it! She had a foot bath last night and one tonight.
The little boys are ridiculously busy! Once I wake them up they don't stop! :) I will definatley miss playing with them, but I think my boyfriend will be happy to have me back in the evenings...lol.

They've gotten so big! Such cute little babies. Hannah is really lovely and such. A good mommy. You've done a great job with them.

Well, both my little boys have gone to their forever homes....:cry3: I miss them already...
I was already sent some pictures of Quinn (the one with the darker mask) - he looks like he is enjoying his new home! It is really hard to let the little ones go... I bet that this never gets easier...

Latest posts

Back