Meet Chalupa...rescued chin

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

staceylwolf

Here's pics from night I brough her home. I've had her 5 days now and she's settling in nicely. She wasn't eating the first couple of days btu she's eating and drinking good now.
Her coat is in rough shape and very matted, I'm letting her get settled in more before I start working on that.

chalupa.jpg

chalupa2.jpg

chalupa3.jpg

What color does everyone think she is? The girl I got her from was calling her a hetro beige. She was saying the father is a wilson white and the mother a mosaic and I think she said something about TOV in her background. I saw both parents and they both looked to be some sort of white/mosaic.

In the first and last pictures, she does look violet wrap, but in the second she looks dark tan! Is she greyish blue or brownish in person?

Yep, she looks like a violet wrap. She's a cutie :) any idea on other background information?

Not sure how much variation there is, but her ears are much lighter/pinker than our Kenai's (violet). I'm thinking maybe tan?

Either way, she's a beautiful girl and I'm sure she'll clean right up after she settles in. Congrats!

Not sure how much variation there is, but her ears are much lighter/pinker than our Kenai's (violet). I'm thinking maybe tan?

Either way, she's a beautiful girl and I'm sure she'll clean right up after she settles in. Congrats!

Yes, but I can see a grey tint to the ears. So I'm guessing violet still

She's adorable and has the cutest little face. Chalupa's a great name! That was awfully nice of you to take her in, even if it's just temporary.

awww....she looks like a sweetheart! The eye coloring should give you a better idea of what colors she can be and what she can't be. Violets would have dark (black) eyes and a tan would have red/ruby eyes.

Well, to me she's kinda got a blue-ish hint to her, so would that make her violet? What is the different between violet and violet wrap? I will try to get some more pictures of her, in better light to see her color.

And I got her thinking that I'd just help her get into a better home, well she's staying with us :)

Violet wrap means the color wraps around the whole body - no white belly :)

oh and here's more information on her. She is 7 months old. I found her listed on craigs list. The girl I got her from is very nice but she really shouldn't have chins. She just took Chalupa out of the cage from her parents a few days before I went and got her. She took her out because her and her mom had been fighting. So it's possible she's pregnant but I'm really hoping she's not. The cage was all wire, even the bottom. No fleece or bedding to sit on, no wood to chew on or ledges to jump on. There was only a food dish and a water bottle in there. She said she feeds them hay but if she does then they ate every last bit of it because I didn't see any. One thing good I will say, is the chins were very friendly. I wanted to take them all but she only wanted rid of the baby. She's had the male for 8 years and the female for 5 years and wants to keep them. Said she's tried fo having babies though so just wants to keep those two. Well, she still has them together so she will end up with more babies. I at least got Chalupa out of there and into a loving home :)

So please everyone keep fingers crossed that she's not pregnant!

Violet wrap means the color wraps around the whole body - no white belly :)

Thank you! Then maybe that what she is, she has no white at all on her. So I guess it's between a violet wrap or a tan. I will check her eye color later once she wakes up, I'm pretty sure they are black/brown.

Yes, a violet wrap won't have a white belly. It means that at some point there is ebony in her background.

Latest posts

Back