MCBA 2011 National Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't see any fleece? Were they on the side table beside my pans and feeders? I didn't pay any attention to it, but I remember a bag sitting beside the pans.

She bought the tubes from me, they were in a brown paper bag, a blue one and a grey one. And they had been sitting along the wall, behind the table with the raffle chins.

Hoping someone has them for her!

Unfortunately, I didn't see them or I would have mentioned them to someone. Sorry about that!

I think Jay has been showing a while. He was at Nationals last year and he had one large standard female that did well that I begged him for. He took 4th place standard breeder award last year, 3rd in 2009, 4th in 2008, 7th in 2007 and I see he did well in 2006 with a beige. So it looks like he's not really new, just not noticed until now.

From my understanding Jay has been around for quite awhile now. I am pretty sure he kept a primarly closed herd. I believe he mostly did pelts until recently?

Ah, I don't recall hearing of him at the past Nationals shows...but good to see he is improving every year! I wish him all the best, him and his family seemed like really good people.

He is a veteran of World War 2. He had chins in the 50s and 60s and has been back in to it for at least 5-6 years (probably longer, but I lose track of time!). He has been to a few shows now and does better each time.

It was great to see how excited he was at the award's presentation. The whole family is really nice!

No that was probably Jay. He has been around chins for many many years doing most of his showing in empress shows up until the last few years and is a all around great guy.

Megan (and Cheryl and all) - awesome job handling as always.

And thanks to the 4 or 5 of you that kept catching my black female every time she escaped her show cage. =p

Same to you on announcing Mish! You're welcome on your BV female. She just didn't want to stay in her cage!

Like Jags said, the show was long but very good! I had a great time per usual and am overall quite happy with my results. Once again I learned a lot at this show and I don't think that the judges were being overly hard at all. The judges had pretty much all the same comments I gave my chins in the little mini show that I did in my basement before picking the chins to bring to show. I was very happy to see that I'm seeing the same things in my chins as the judges are, so that now I can fix those issues in my herd and keep improving!

Cheryl

Jay started in chins in 1955 and had them for 22 years before selling out. Then 22 years latter in 1999 he got the bug to have them again and started his current herd. He had 16 breeding females last year and is moving to expand to 19 for this year with some of his winning animals. By the way Jay is 84 years old and ran a dairy farm milking cows until he was 78 when he then retired to just doing chins. He said he felt like a little kid this weekend after doing so well.

She bought the tubes from me, they were in a brown paper bag, a blue one and a grey one. And they had been sitting along the wall, behind the table with the raffle chins.

Hoping someone has them for her!

Alli, Megs I have them...
I assumed they belonged to Che Chinchillas since in it there was a bag of feed and water that I had brought in with chininchillas for her. My reason for not questioning. Maybe I should of after all!

Sorry for the inconvenience

I will bring them to the York Show.

Jay was a SUPER nice guy! I had the pleasure of speaking with him after the show. He seemed really excited about the beige girl he bought from me....so hopefully she does well for him!

BTW is anyone else gonna post any pictures....TIFFANY???

Photos

Finally uploaded the photos.

2011 MCBA Nationals Photos

BTW is anyone else gonna post any pictures....TIFFANY???
:tease:

ooopps sorry@ lol
i saw you won the reserve black so i thought you were showing him off.

Oh I can show him off! :)

DSC_0045-2.jpg

Last edited:
Megan (and Cheryl and all) - awesome job handling as always.

And thanks to the 4 or 5 of you that kept catching my black female every time she escaped her show cage. =p

Your girl is beautiful! I hope she didn't slip any fur? Smart girl, though I hope you have a dead bolt on your cage. =)

Gosh those blacks are gorgeous... I love, love, love BVs! But I don't work with them at all and am trying to resist the temptation to get one just for a pet!

Sounds like a great show. I am doing everything I can to make sure we get to it next year!

Alli, Megs I have them...
I assumed they belonged to Che Chinchillas since in it there was a bag of feed and water that I had brought in with chininchillas for her. My reason for not questioning. Maybe I should of after all!

Sorry for the inconvenience

I will bring them to the York Show.

YAY, thank you! Mystery solved and my fiance is going to be thrilled since that was his only request for me to bring home from the show. You guys are awesome!

YAY, thank you! Mystery solved and my fiance is going to be thrilled since that was his only request for me to bring home from the show. You guys are awesome!

Hey Megan! I am glad that you found your tubes! =) How is my CUTE boy doing? When are you bringing him over? =)

Hi I am wondering what are the qualifications to show chins and when will the next show be next yr or this yr??? Is it hard or alot of working getting ready to start showing??
Thanks for any help Gloria

Back