Mako's Injuries. Warning- graphic images.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear God no! I am crying for you now. I know you love your chins as much as I do, and I could not fathom this for you. I'm glad you have your friends here, Hugs Theresa

Stacie, I am in tears for you and Mako, I am so sorry. Hugs and if there were some way I could ease your pain I would.

Stacie, I'm very sorry for your loss.
:angel2: I've followed the story pictures of Mako and the other Playchins on CnQ and CnH and this news is heartbreaking. He's passed on to a pain-free place.

Stacie, as I told you before, I wish there were some magical words that would take away the pain you're feeling. I wish I could make it all better with one swoop. Unfortunately I can't do that, but know that my thoughts and prayers are here for you and will continue to be here for you in this absolutely trying time. Mako knows, as we all do, how much you loved him and that you were there for him in his time of need. The most important thing is that you never let him suffer. Know that you did everything you could for him and that's all that could be expected. You've got all the shoulders you need in order to lean on hun....so bring it on. ***HUGS***

Stacie, I'm so sorry. I know I don't know you well, but reading about Mako and how well you cared for him makes my heart ache for you. You did the best you could, and he knew how much you loved him up until the end. Best wishes for you, and best wishes for the rest of the Playchins
:flowers5::flowers4::flowers6:

You are a great chin mom Stacie, we all know you did everything that you could and you were with him til the end. He knows you love him. I'm so sorry for your loss hun.

Thank you everyone. If you haven't saw it, I set up a memorial for him in the memorial section.

I've spent awhile sitting with Smudge. I sat the dust bath in his cage, but he won't bathe. He's just sitting in it. I feel bad for him. I don't blame him for what he did. But I think he knows that Mako is gone, and is just as sad as I am. I'm not sure why else he wouldn't take a bath- he's usually the first to jump in and roll like crazy.

I've cleaned up the blood..and tried cleaning Smudge up as well. Needless to say, Smudge will remain an only chin from now on. There were no warning signs. I just can not risk something like this again with him. He will still have company through the chins in the cage next to him..but that's it.

Like I said, I hope this story will help people understand just why it's so important to have a good vet on hand, and always be prepared with cage mates just randomly turning on each other...last night, Smudge and Mako were grooming and cuddling happily. They were always smooshed together snoozing, and were the most bonded out of any of my chins. Today, Mako is gone.

Last edited:
This is awful, I'm so very sorry... Mako will have Neeko as a playmate now

Hugs to you and smudge too

Words seem so inadequate Stacie - you tried everything you could for him and he did not suffer. RIP little fella.
:hug:

Oh no, I'm so sorry, Stacie, I haven't been on for a few days, and to come on and see what has happened to Mako is so heartbreaking. RIP our little Mako, you'll always be remembered.

Latest posts

Back