Lisa: she has our permission to go to God

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laurie

I heart Leonard
After a restless night with increasing pain we had our wonderful hospice nurse, Mary, come and adjust Lisa's pain meds. They increased pain med through her chemo port as well as her Pain Management Dr increasing meds through her inserted unit. They are working together as a team to provide the most comfort and care to Lisa.
What this means is Lisa is unable to converse with us much anymore. We stay at her side rubbing her hair and holding her hand and telling her how much we love her.
We had a wonderful visit from Pastor Gainey who said the EXACT right words to put Lisa at ease and for the first time today she told us she was no longer afraid to go to God.
Mary, the hospice nurse, has encouraged us to let Lisa know we will be all right and it's all right for her to go and be and peace.
I have promised her, as I know it to be true, she will not be alone on her journey. Christ will guide her home and he will be in her beacon in the darkness. I have promised her she will not be alonein Heaven, both Grandma and Grandpa Welch wait for her, and Grandma and Grandpa Shaw--Grandma Shaw who she's never met will be there with welcoming arms.
I promised her we will all be together again, and I know this will all my heart.

Thank you to everyone, my wonderful forum friends, who have prayed for Lisa and me and my family. I can never really tell you how much you all mean to me.

In over these next few hours or days please keep Lisa in your thoughts and ask God to call her home where she will be forever free from pain, from fear, and CANCER.

I just had you in my heart and was lifting up prayers as I logged on to site. Hospice workers are ,in my opinion, angels sent from God to help us all heal either here on earth or by His side in Heaven.I'll keep you and your's in my thoughts and prayers on this difficult journey. In Christian Love, Dana

I am so glad to hear that she isn't as scared anymore. There's nothing that I have to say that will add words of wisdom or comfort. I guess I'm not so great at that. But, Laurie, if you ever need someone to talk to or even to unload on, I'm here for you.

I'm just praying that Lisa will go with no pain and gently. It's wonderful that you have a good hospice nurse to help you through all this difficult craziness.

Laurie, you and your family have been in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. I'm glad Lisa is not afraid anymore.

So glad Lisa is now at peace with all of this and is not afraid. I'm so glad that you all have told her that it is ok to go. I know first hand how hard that is. When Nick's mom was taken to the hospital because it was getting very hard for the family and hospice to keep her comfortable at home, after about 2 days we all went in one at a time and had a talk with her. Of course, she in no way responded to us, but I have no doubt she heard us. She passed at 4 am the next morning.
You will all be in my continued prayers for patience, peace, wisdom, and love.

Peace is yours, Lisa. Your family will continue to be in my thoughts, Laurie.

Laurie,

I will be thinking of You, Lisa, and the rest of your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers during this hard time. *hugs*

I just want to say your post made me very teary eyed. I can't think of words to say to help you through this time, but I am thinking of you and Lisa.

Lisa is in my thoughts and prayers along with you and your family. Laurie you have been so strong through all this. Remember we are here for you with lots of hugs and shoulders to lean on.

Many hugs Laurie. I'm sorry it has come to this. Travis just dealt w/ the same things this spring w/ his father. I'm glad you guys have been able to be w/ her and have told her its okay to go. I know Travis's dad asked for his both on Friday morning and by the time they could get there, he couldn't really respond much anymore, and by 3 pm did pass w/ both his boys there. I'm praying for your peace of mind. I'm here if you need to talk.

Laurie, I feel like I know you and your sister and I come to tears when I read about your sister's situation. I hate that she is having to go through such an ordeal, but I am happy that she has found peace and that she will no longer be in pain soon. Your family is so brave and has set such a good example for all of us to follow. Thank you and your family for being such an inspiration to us all.

I hope she will pass away painlessly, surounded by her loved one. I'm not sure if I believe in heaven, but I do know she'll be in peace and not suffer anymore.

Laurie- I wish i had the right words, but you have already said most of them. You & your family are such an inspiration to all of us. Your strength, lisa's strength, is truly amazing and warms my heart.

My thoughts & prayers will be with all of you & have been for some time. I have been praying & thinking about you all throughout all of this & will certainly continue. Im happy to know shes at peace with everything & is ready to meet the lord. Hold her close!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back