It's just too perfect!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

threewingedfury

<3 BIG and Blocky <3
I've been working my butt off this summer and haven't really had much time to spend shopping for myself because I'm constantly on the road. I wanted to splurge on something chinchilla related, but just didn't have time to go and buy animals. I've been wanting to add to my chinchilla jewelry collection for quite some time and Parrot Jewelry (Alicia's Creations) does wonderful work with animals. I had seen a couple of chinchillas she had made and had contacted her for months and entered into her drawing to be selected to have a chinchilla made, but I had no good luck. So at the beginning of this month, Alicia started the VIP custom order form on her website where you don't have to wait to be selected, you just pay double the cost - I didn't care about the price, I had to have the necklace made.

So I custom ordered a blocky black velvet chinchilla. She just finished it yesterday and sent me photos and I'm absolutely thrilled and can't wait to get it next week. It turned out just like I wanted it, I just about cried when I saw it. Boy, I'm sure she thought I was a pain in the butt with all the photos I sent her and descriptions of tiny details I wanted. It's actually darker in person she says, but she had to play with the lighting and adjust the photos to get it to show up correctly. It's too realistic for words.

(All photos belong to Alicia Merritt)

blackveilchinchillanecklace5.jpg

blackveilchinchillanecklace4.jpg

blackveilchinchillanecklace3.jpg

blackveilchinchillanecklace2.jpg

blackveilchinchillanecklace.jpg

I love it!! And I love that it's a black velvet!

That's absolutely gorgeous! All of the chinchilla jewelry I've seen is generic at best and this is just stunning! I may have to contact her. :)

wow! This is beautiful. Have to say the detailed work on the ears is quite nice!

Wow. That's one of the few pieces I've seen that looks exactly like a chin. It must have been really difficult to make, but I love it!

I love it!! And I love that it's a black velvet!

I know! I figured a black velvet would be the hardest to make but the easiest to match, she really hit the nail on the head. The colors should really fit with just about anything I wear and it would look fine with a pair of jeans and dressy top, a dress or a suit, which is what I was shooting for.

gorgeous Tiff, I'm sure you'll love wearing it :)

Of course I will! I'm dying to get it to wear to the NY show now, lol.

I saw you post this on FB Tif and I love it! It's totally "you" too!

It is me! That's what's so perfect - she's great at working with my "demands", lol. I told her it had to have a bright white belly, paw stripes, rolls on the sides, dark black veiling that made that gray sides stand out and no pinched neck. It's supposed to symbolize Memphis, my black velvet that I lost after the York show this year. He was very special to me and this sorta helps me out to have him with me when I wear it.

That is a beautiful piece. I would have paid double as well.

My entire family thinks I'm crazy when they found out how much I paid for it, but I really feel that it's worth it. Ya only live once ya know? I could have waited years to get picked out of the list and I'm not very patient. When I want something, I have to have it.

Back