Indestructable hidey house?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kogia

Okay, so Jack was creative and chewed all the edges of his wooden house so that the edges couldn't slide and lock. Is there a better brand that perhaps is metal or....something else?

I don't think he ever used the house as a sleeping/hiding spot, just a place to chew. Perhaps I'm better off getting a hammock?

Good luck! :laughitup:

I have had the best luck with the hidey houses from Simply Chintastic- but even they have seen better days. The "poo catcher" lips on the sides have been pretty much chewed down on all the hidey houses. :rolleyes:

I love the fact that my chins destroy their hidey houses lol....

I'd be a little cautions about that, what is it made out of? Probably a plastic material, reptiles don't chew like rodents and it's probably made out of a plastic type material.

Sorry I didn't see this post about what hercules' rock cave is made out of and it is made out of clay/rock material. Hence why I don't even see the most avid chewers chewing through it lol. The example I found online isn't exactly like mine but I have seen it in stores and it is not made of plastic either. It's very very heavy so I would not use it on wire bottom cages. I use absolutely no plastic in my cages lol. Here is a pic.

S6302521.jpg

And here is a full veiw of it in his cage this is an old pic and he has since been living in a FN141 but still loves his cave lol.

S6302523.jpg

I was at Home Depot not too long ago and they had these half cinder blocks there. Those would be indestructible...but they are really heavy and I don't know how they would work in a cage. I thought about trying it...then I remembered that I hate carrying heavy things around any distance. :D

I'm glad that the little dude likes his cave! :D

You could always make one out of one of the harder safe woods, rather than the soft pine. It would last longer, and they would still have the chewing pleasure.

I think I'm going to start an artistic endeavor where I give my chins a hollow block of wood, let them chew holes in it, then sell it for an exhorbitant amount of money labeled as "conceptual art".

If penguins can step in paint, walk across a canvas, and it can be art, my chinnies will be brilliant conceptual artists!

JENNY!!! YOU are brilliant! YESSSSSSSS... I am going to make a fortune off of my chin sculptures!!! Maybe I can do something with the little bits of confetti they make out of colored toys? hehehe

It's a tough economy...must do what we can to generate income...

I think I'm going to start an artistic endeavor where I give my chins a hollow block of wood, let them chew holes in it, then sell it for an exhorbitant amount of money labeled as "conceptual art".

If penguins can step in paint, walk across a canvas, and it can be art, my chinnies will be brilliant conceptual artists!

:laughitup: I love it! Why didn't I think of this already?????

Latest posts

Back