I'm so scared I can't sleep

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiaSpice

Wheel Cleaner X2
Gosh I'm still shaking of what just happened.

Keep in mind I live on the round floor. I'm in my computer room, the curtains are just a little opened, I'm surfing the Internet. Sundely a knock on my door. It's 10:30, I'm not expecting anyone and since I have no light working in front of my door (I can't see the person trough the "magic eye") I don't awnser. He keeps on knowcking, I'm just wishing this person would go away. I'm moving very slowly to thr door to try to check and I ear the person going away. I'm relieved.

I came back in the comuter room and ear and see this guy trough my window asking me "Can I talk to you" with a big french accent. I just yelled, he laughed, and I closed the curtains very well. I wanted to call the police, but what would they do, he's gone now! I'm so nervous right now I don't think I'll be able to sleep (and I was about to go to sleep. I just checked that the 2 locks on my front and back door are locked and that all curtains are closed.

Who the **** would go to a stanger's house just to talk. If he had a problem, he should have gone to the gas station a bloc away. I'm not a scrared easyly, but this really did, who knows what his intention where. Specially since I,m not in the nicest distric of Laval...

That is scary. Are the police going to do an extra check on your house tonight? Do you have a cellphone?I would keep that near you. Other than that I don't know what else I would do. I hope someone else can post something with some good ideas.

I'd call the police anyway. I've had some pretty scary people call me on the phone and knock on the door when I was home alone. One buy called me one night when John was out of town and told me that he saw my light on and thought he would call to talk - there was all sorts of noise outside after I hung up with him. The police came as they patrolled the neighborhood and checked outside every 45 minutes that night to make sure that no one was around. Really, that's what the police are for and if you are nervous about someone coming back, they should be happy to come around to just check from time to time.

I'm so sorry that this person scared you like that. I hope that you can get some sleep tonight.

Oh wow, yeah, that would have me on the phone with the cops.

I live in a very nice gated community here in Arizona, but still we get creepy people around here. 3 houses have been broken into, 1 dog stolen from inside a house and we have Police helicopters flying around constantly. I have had about 6 phone calls from the phone box at the gate from people calling at midnight claiming that they live in the neighborhood and don't know the code to get in. Even if that was true, I don't let them in, but I'm sure some people do. It's just not safe, plus I'm literally in the middle of nowhere.

I'm 6 hours from the Mexico border; you never know where a drop house is going to be. It's some scary stuff. I'm home alone 5 days out of the week and my boyfriend lives 3 hours south in Sierra Vista because he's in the military. He doesn't trust people so he bought me a small hand pistol and taught me how to use it.

I feel a tad bit safer, but not 100%

Call the police anyways - he could be doing it to your neighbor or be breaking into their house or worse...I had a similar situation where I was awake and chatting with my husband, then bf at the time online at like 330am and someone rang my doorbell, I ran to the back of the house and called the police - had no idea if it was a bad guy or someone needing help but I wasn't about to open the door in downtown Nashville. They came by and patroled even though he/she was already gone but who knows what was going on...

I don't have a cell phone, but there's like 4 phone in my house! I didn't called the police (I would look silly to call an hour later), but I think if it happend again I'll sure dial 911 real quick. I just remember his face smilling and laughing at me and it's a bit haunting.

I don't know if he did the same to the neighbours, I did hear somone climbing up more than the 3 stairs for the outside door. At first I tough it was my upstair neighbour, but I wouldn't awser anyway since I don't know him.

I really hope the landload will put a handle (that you need a key to open) on the bloc door (they didn't put one bcause of all the poeple moving in... in Jully!) and repair my light. It's not safe at all. He tells me "oh I'm on vacation" "the guy that do this is on vacation" "the guy that do this is at the hospital". Now he's suposed to be out and will be comming soon. He better be!

I think I'm gonna go read a book to just relax.

Last edited:
Maybe you could have a friend stay with you? I wouldn't be able to let that go...I would get on top of that landlord or find someplace else to stay. That's a pretty scary thing to have happen

Oh how scary! This is why I never lived on a ground floor apartment. I always had to live on at least the 2nd floor.
I would make sure and have a phone in your room where you sleep. And make sure all the windows are now locked. If you're especially worried, make sure you have some sort of thing that you could use as a weapon if need be. Whether it be a knife or just a really heavy object.

I don't have any friend (or my mom I dn't think she'd like since she works from her home) that would like to come down here with me. Beside, that would mean either sleep in the living room with a noisy hedgehog or share a bed, witch I've sleep in alone for over 6 months (and enjoy the room). But I do agree that I would like to have a b/f to cuddle on too, like now.

I feel better with my "venting here", cause I don't have really anymore to call this late (I don't want to freak my mom) and all my friends are offline msn now. Well there's one online, but despite my "got the scare of her life and still shaking" nickname won't even talk to me. He just don't give a **** now anyway.

Oh how scary! This is why I never lived on a ground floor apartment. I always had to live on at least the 2nd floor.
I would make sure and have a phone in your room where you sleep. And make sure all the windows are now locked. If you're especially worried, make sure you have some sort of thing that you could use as a weapon if need be. Whether it be a knife or just a really heavy object.
I have a phone in arms reach from my bed and my windows has 2 locks each (a pin that comes down in a hole and a lock on the side) yay for that. I'm not gonna live in ground level anymore, I didn't really have the choice, it was this appartment... or back home with my parents (wich meant selling off all my appliance)

Last edited:
After work I'll got and make a police report, just to be safe and let them know someone is around.
eroomlorac, I don't they they wil do that, that's the kind of things they only do in the movies!

You may think that, but if their's been other reports in the neighborhood, they may be looking for this guy!
I, also watch T.V., and more than you know is real! Peeping is usually just a start, and escalates from there!
Help them catch this guy, NOW!

jeez......what is going on with all these crazy people stalking CnH members!!
you definitely need to make a police report! good luck.....be careful karine!

I don't know how it is in Canada, but here in the US if someone did that to me (my husband works third shift) you can bet I would be on 911 so fast that guys head would spin. Why take chances?

Odds are the weirdo outside your dwelling has done it to other women, so thank goodness you didn't open the door. File a police report and ask if they can drive by your house every so often.

Whenever you're not home, leave a light on so it looks like someone is home, and if you live alone or are home alone, keep the curtains shut. You don't want this creeper coming back!

Best wishes and take care of yourself!

You should have called the police at the time of the incident. They can follow footprints in the dirt, etc. Just make sure all locks are secured.

Not much they would've done. Just check the area and tell you to lock the doors and call back if you have another problem.

After work I'll got and make a police report, just to be safe and let them know someone is around.
eroomlorac, I don't they they wil do that, that's the kind of things they only do in the movies!

While they can find evidence of someone there they most likely wont do anything as nothing was stolen and no one was hurt.

You may think that, but if their's been other reports in the neighborhood, they may be looking for this guy!
I, also watch T.V., and more than you know is real! Peeping is usually just a start, and escalates from there!
Help them catch this guy, NOW!

After taking classes for CSI you would be surprised at how much they CANT do. Its near impossible to lift a perfect print. Most of the crap on tv is exaggerated and some not even possible. I refuse to watch "cop/law/csi" shows anymore. Its so upsetting how they make people believe that investigators can do more when they cant. They get mad when they feel that investigators dont do "all they can" because they compare what they see on tv to real life.

Karin, you should have called the police. Not for them to find evidence or whatever but to have on file that there was a disturbance should it happen again. And living on the ground floor does make it less scary. I thought it would be when I lived in an apartment in a nice neighborhood. But one night at like 2am I was on cnq at the time in chat and I heard BANGING at the door. My dog was going NUTS! While I was on the phone they started banging again. So loud the woman on the phone heard. They sent out the police and all they did was search the area. But I have on file that someone was causing a disturbance. By the way I was on the 3rd floor of the building. They were still unable to find the person and the last knock happened moments before police came to my door.

Yes I live alone (do hedgies count?) and I leave light on even if I'm not their, mainly because of the quilled ones. In the day I open the curtain for natural light but I forgot to close them at night. I'll be more carefull next time.

I know they won't do anything, but that can force my landloard to fix up the light and put a lock on the door of the building. There's no handle and most of the other people just don't shut it properly so it swings open.

thanks for caring about me guys. The was one of my (suposed) friend on MSN and Facebook at that time and instead of inquiring me about that was going on (my msn nickname and FB status) he prefered to take a stupid FB quizz. Why do I still care about him!

I have heard you can get a recording of an attack dog snarling, growling and barking. If the person can't see into your place they won't know if it's real or not. That might help for people knocking on the door late at night.

Yes the odds are they may not have found the guy doing anything, but what if they did drive by and saw another neighbor's door kicked in or window broken or what if he was trying to scale a balcony...better safe than sorry and honestly too many women ignore gut feelings because they don't want to look silly, are trying to be poliete or rationalize experiences away and end up stalked or even raped or killed. Im not saying you are in that much danger just from this incident, but do not be ashamed of so called "bothering" people when you are threatened.

I would still call the police. They may patrol the area and keep an eye out. Also for peace of mind. And get that light fixed.

Back