Ice Cream Recipe

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kalandra

Its getting to be that time of year, where making homemade ice cream just seems like the right thing to do.

Anyone got a favorite homemade ice cream recipe? I've got several vanilla recipes that are ok, but I'm still looking for something better. So if you have a vanilla one that is "to die for" please share it!

Do you have an ice cream maker or how do you make ice cream. A couple years ago I was on the hunt for an ice cream maker but gave up as I couldn't decide. Then I wondered if I really NEEDED an ice cream maker. I think you should make peppermint ice cream with crushed peppermint candies in it. I'll even help you eat it.

I'm a banana ice cream fan. I usually go and buy 15 or so bananas and cut them up into slices. I use imitation vanilla flavoring (DO NOT USE EXTRACT! the alcohol kills the taste, ack) and tons of sugar with vitamin D milk. I never measure out anything, I keep tasting until its right.

Old Fashion Homemade Ice Cream

6 eggs beaten really well
2 cups cream, you can use table cream in your cold section at the store
vanilla to taste
2 cups sugar
a dash of salt
I use 2% milk and fill to the line on the canister with the ice cream maker

If you want chocolate ice cream add a can of hearsheys chocolate syrup

Yummy
Enjoy
Sally

I made one in Girl Scouts as a little girl by mushing the ingredients in a ziplock bag. It was sooo yum! Has anyone else done this? Can someone post how to do it if you have?

ETA: Never mind I found the how to.. http://crafts.kaboose.com/ice-cream-in-a-bag.html

But I would LOVE some different flavor recipes that would work well with this way of making it.

Last edited:
Wow Melissa, that is awesome! I want kids just so I have an excuse to do that! Haha.

My Abuelas 75th birthday is this weekend and there will be children there. I figured, while reading this, if I got some good recipes, I can try them out on the kids.. Let them do the work while I eat... :insert shifty eyes: :cue evil laugh: muhahaha!

Carol, I have a 2 qt maker. Its a Cuisinart. I haven't had it very long (hence the desire to find new, good recipes to try), but so far I like it a lot.

Mel, I remember doing that as a kid!

I have one I haven't used in years..maybe I should bring it over here from my parents and get some use out of it

I have one of These! And they are too much fun! Great for kids too. They also are way fun for making Margaruitas.

Latest posts

Back