How good is your mad girl's aim....?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine will make this little grunt irritated piggy snort noise and then stand straight up, aim, then fire. Now with this girl most of the time you can avoid danger cause it takes her so long to get into position being that She-Devil is a monster at almost 1000 grams. I am not sure if a more agile chin would be more quick on the draw...lol but I would assume they are.

I used to have larger DaMar's runs and I would supplement in dishes in the cage. On night as I was handing out supplement the male came into the cage but the female didn't want to share with him and they got into a squabble about it. The male's back was too me and she stood up but by the time she actually sprayed he jumped out of the way and she got me right in the face. The response was amazing, the entire room got deathly silent as if to say did you see what Havana did to Mom?!

I don't like animals that spray because I do believe that temperment is hereditary. There was one animal I had who came here who would spray at the drop of a hat. She'd sit and cry for you like a baby then spray you. After months of working with her I finally got her to the point where I could reach in and such without her spraying me, but if I moved too fast like I was in a hurry, or if anyone else was in the barn with me she would get nervous and spray me. Never keep a sprayer at eye level... lol

Im curious, why is that female chins can spray long distances and be so accurate, when the males can act they are gonna spray but only dribble, why cant males get distance. by the way the stories I read on this subject had me rolling with laughter thanks for cheering me up after a tough day at work

I was going to ask the same question; my Ike (female) has never sprayed me and she is 14 years; when she is displeased she will bark :) My ex had 2 boys and they sprayed the wall near their cage all the time, it was more than a dribble for sure!

I got it in my left eye and all across my forehead last night by a female I startled by grabbing her too quickly and she got me at close range right from the hand I was holding her with. I found out she is pregnant so that accounts for her grumpiness (plus she has held a grudge since I groomed her for a show a couple of months ago). A female's pee shoots straight out, but a male's cone/penis points down when he assumes the "pee at something stance" so it just goes down into the shavings. Out of 100 females only 3 of mine spray. I did give one to Juanita that never sprayed me, but likes to act sweet then spray her. You're welcome Juanita! LOL

Last edited:
The spraying is one reason why I decided to get males! I at first wanted females because I didn't want to deal with the humping, but once I heard about females spraying, I thought to myself "Would I rather deal with humping, or spraying?" I decided to deal with humping! :p

The spraying is one reason why I decided to get males! I at first wanted females because I didn't want to deal with the humping, but once I heard about females spraying, I thought to myself "Would I rather deal with humping, or spraying?" I decided to deal with humping! :p

Yep. That was our thought process too! I'm so glad of our decision. I love our boys to death and can't wait to spend the next fifteen years with them.

My pet girls do not spray. A couple have assumed the position but did not follow through.

As for the rescues, I had one that would spray if I looked at her she was adopted a year ago and is a total doll for her owner.

I have a pair of rescues who spray and WILL get you in the eye.

Luna sprayed me a few times when I first got her and didn't know enough to give her some space and let her settle in. Luckily, she has only ever gotten me on the hand or arm. Now that she is feeling secure at home, she doesn't spray when we try to pet her.

I was on vacation for four days(I worried about her the entire time, even though I had someone responsible watching her) as soon as I came back I went to her cage to greet her. We touched noses with me like she always does but I think in protest she snatched my glasses off my face and ran away with them. Luckily I got them back before any damage was done to her or my glasses.

Once my female standard sprayed me and im like "What just happened?!" LOL I was so stunned I guess. She hit the palm of my hand.

Nibbler once got Romie my female shiba inu right in the face as I was picking him up out of his play pen. I'm not sure if he was trying to get me or her...but it was hilarious. The look on her face.

Mine sat on the edge of a hamster cage and peed on a hamster's face... Tabitha (the hamster) was not pleased.

Back