How good is your mad girl's aim....?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pookinaround

FUZZ BUTT ENTHUSIAST
Ok I just got a really pretty new girl a couple of days ago. I was bent down admiring her in her cage and all of the sudden....BAM she got me right in the freakin eyeball!

Just wondering if anyone else has some ticked off girls that are sharpshooters like mine...?

What is the funniest thing or place that has fallen victim to a ticked off female chin???

My husband and I have each gotten a shot to the mouth and eye. Sometimes she can reach my coffee table which is 5 ft away. We've found in up to 10 ft away. It drive me nuts.

Haha, the funniest story I have is when Momma chin stood up to spray but first she quickly gathered and pulled up her fatty rolls for a better and cleaner aim!

Haha, the funniest story I have is when Momma chin stood up to spray but first she quickly gathered and pulled up her fatty rolls for a better and cleaner aim!

I can just see one doing that. ROFL :biglaugh:

I have a new foster girl. While she hasn't showed much interest in spraying me, she will spray any cuddle buddy she happens to come across during play time.

My funniest one is a young ebony MALE that tries to spray me on occasion. If you startle him, he gets up on his back legs assumes the position very awkwardly, takes little baby wobble hops towards me while thrusting his hips out and, wait for it....drips! Afterwards he looks so ashamed of himself I can't help but laugh, give him scritches and tell him "Nice try buddy, we'll try this again tomorrow"!!! :)

My funniest one is a young ebony MALE that tries to spray me on occasion. If you startle him, he gets up on his back legs assumes the position very awkwardly, takes little baby wobble hops towards me while thrusting his hips out and, wait for it....drips! Afterwards he looks so ashamed of himself I can't help but laugh, give him scritches and tell him "Nice try buddy, we'll try this again tomorrow"!!! :)

:rofl:

Yes. Don't ever wear a shirt with eyes on it to a rancher's barn. Most have a range of 8-10ft and are extremely accurate.

Thankfully mine are used to my attire. :D

We once had someone staying with us that had 4 young kids. The two youngest were about 6 and 2. Neither of these two kids would listen when I told them to leave my chins alone and the parents never did a thing about it. Well, I got tired if it so I decided that that I would not intervene when they messed with Sammy. Sammy sprays at the drop of a hat and has remarkable accuracy. Sure enough, the kids bugged Sammy and both got sprayed in the face in about a 5 second stretch of time. They never messed with my chinchillas again. Sammy still sprays, but I have learned how to avoid getting it.

Oh my goodness, my male chin does this whenever he feels like I might try to catch him!! I try not to laugh because he's clearly upset, but it's so funny.

My girl has never even once tried to spray me, or anybody else, she's too friendly and cool for that (I have yet to see her really upset or startled). She just likes to mark her territory during playtime, so I need to keep an eye out for that if it's a new "territory".

I've got one that acts all friendly but is every bit evil. She sits at the front of the cage, watching you, talking all sweet and everything. I've learned in the past too ignore her but people are always drawn to her so when she starts talking they always go up to her cage and start talking back. I always forwarn them to ignore her but it never fails she nails them in the face everytime.

Delilah gets me almost everytime after playtime. She hates going back in her cage and lets me know! she will run from me, turn around in mid run and spray at me then keep running! It's funny until you can't catch her and spend 15 minutes trying to round her up to put her back in the cage! lol

I've seen my girl do the hunch at her new cage mate before, but she has never let loose, the new chin always backs down, haha.

A long time ago a woman and I visited a ranch on 3 different occasions. There was a black velvet girl who for some reason or another took an instant disliking to the woman. This chin would watch the woman the entire time we were there and we were there for hours each visit.

Whenever the woman got within range (long range) the chin would take aim shoot a stream of pee that hit its target every time. It took us a while to figure out which chin was peeing on her. This chin would go to great lengths to position herself within the cage so she could hit her target. The woman was getting peed on in areas you wouldn't think the chin could target.

When we arrived for the second visit everyone watched the offending chin and sure enough as soon as this chin saw the woman she was obsessed with peeing on her. The chin didn't pee on anyone else nor had she exhibited this behavior in the past. It was fascinating to watch her maneuver around the cage while we walked in the section her cage was in. The chin did the same thing each time we visited. The woman wore different clothes each time. She never touched the chin or even opened the door to its cage. I think the chin didn't like her voice. The woman talked a lot.

Last edited:
So far Mochi has not sprayed either of us (it's only been a few weeks). Is there a certain stance they take so that we know what to look for to prepare?

Back