How do your chins sleep?

• Thread starter DaphnesandFreddysmom
  • Start date
Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DaphnesandFreddysmom

Do your chinchillas have a certain sleeping position?

Our little boy flops on his side and shoves his paw under his head. Our girl just lays on her stomach, looks just like she's just sitting there.

Tinkerbell usually sleeps in a kind of sitting position, but occasionally she will sleep on her side. The first time she did that, my husband had thought she had died, because we had never seen her in this position before. He told me not to come into the room, and he went and checked her out and she was just fine. Gave us a scare, though.

My boys change more than my girls do. Stolie sometimes lays spread out like road kill (sorry for the image) in his hammock. Otherwise he and Sambuca are cuddling, usually with on in a sitting hunched position and the other trying to reach from one side to the next...it's really a sight to see lol.

My girls usually just sit close to each other. For a while (when I first got Heiney) I thought she might have come to me pregnant because she was sleeping on her sides and back, changing positions basically daily-which can be a sign of pregnancy. But nope no babies!!! Just an uncomfy chin :tease:

Mozzy, so far, has only been sleeping as a big ball of fluff in his house. I'm hoping he does something silly. I love seeing silly positions. I have plenty of pictures of one of my previous chins sleeping in silly positions.

Templeton has 2 favorite sleeping positions. He'll either sleep next to his tube with his face tucked down into his legs, or with his butt in the tube and his head and hands sticking out. Such a dork!

My chin changes her sleeping positions every so often... Usually, it is in her fleece tube, but she will sleep in a ball and totally hide herself, except for the occasional leg that is sticking out.
For a while she was sleeping standing up, by rest her head on the hammock. Then sometimes she sleeps in her hamock, but if I come up near the cage she gets embarassed and runs into her fleece tube...

On their sides sprawled out usually. Bria will also do the just sitting there sleeping...or UNDER her pretty corner fleece house....I think she needs a lesson in how to use it. Smokey is also notorious for nearly falling off her shelf as she will sleep with her head hanging down. I tried to take pictures, but she always feels me looking at her. Thankfully its only a 7 inch drop to a floor.

Koko has always loved totally sprawling out on his side... especially before his surgery when he had his suspended fleece house, but we've even seen him manage to get comfy with his splint on. With Kenai, it depends where he's sleeping - if he's in his fleece house he's usually on his side, but if he's on a ledge, he just sleeps hunched/curled over. Cute either way!

Cervantes sleeps on all fours... most of the time. Very rarely will I catch him on his belly with his snoot hanging over the edge of the hammock, but he wakes up and looks at me quickly.

Crash likes to be on his back legs but have his belly/paws against something. Usually it's his brother's back end, but sometimes he'll stand on the "arm" of a 4-way PVC pipe hanging on the back wall of their cage and put his hands on the 'top' of it. He kind of reminds me of a Mario Bros. character standing next to the "level up" pipes.

Phoenix sleeps on his side with the fleece liner crammed up into a make shift pillow for his little head ...or he sleeps on all fours inside his hidey hole. And the girls ..I have to get used to them being here ..haha.... sleep side by side in their hidey hole. :)

Tibbit sleeps on all 4 feet, sometimes with his head up, sometimes stretched out. Joey mirrors him just backwards, his butt to Tibbit's head. When Louey was in with them he piled on top of Tibbit.

Crash likes to be on his back legs but have his belly/paws against something. Usually it's his brother's back end, but sometimes he'll stand on the "arm" of a 4-way PVC pipe hanging on the back wall of their cage and put his hands on the 'top' of it. He kind of reminds me of a Mario Bros. character standing next to the "level up" pipes.

Like this:
picture.php

Koda used to sleep on her side all sprawled out. At first this scared me because I know that could mean she's too hot but the room is between 55 and 60 degrees but then I realized she's jsut comfortable because she always slept like that. However, for Christmas she got a lovely pink and brown hammock that absolutely loves and now she never leaves it unless I am playing with her. She doesn't like it when you disturb her in her hammock. It's adorable!

My females sleep cuddled up on their highest shelf. Our males are in separate cages and love to sleep in their hammocks.

Sierra sleeps with all for feet planted on the ground. Her favorite spots are in her wooden house or on a shelf.

Toby usually sleeps in his tube kinda just on his stomach. Tucker kinda lays around everywhere lol

Back