Hi everyone ^^

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saraleecake

Been reading this forum for almost over a month now before I got my babies almost 2 weeks ago. Now that all the settling in and stuff is done I finally have the time to make my first post!

So about 2 weeks ago I had bought 2 chocolate chins from a breeder here in southern California and I have been in love with them since. They are a father and son pair. And as usual I know everyone will want pictures so here they are ^^

The father's name is Cocoa and son's Hershey. The pictures are a little dark though, sorry.

Both of them on the first night; Hershey left, Cocoa right.
HersheyandCocoa.jpg

Hershey playing in the pen while I was cleaning their cage.
DSC00714.jpg

Cocoa giving me that "are you done yet?" look lol
DSC00717.jpg

Hershey plotting how to mess the cage up already :rolleyes:
DSC00720.jpg

Welcome, from another "chocoholic" - both chins and the munching kind!
Watch the paint on the box though, it may not be "chin friendly"!

Welcome! I think your guys are dark tans not chocolates. In any case they are super cute!

Welcome, from another "chocoholic" - both chins and the munching kind!
Watch the paint on the box though, it may not be "chin friendly"!

Thanks for the heads up, it was only a temp. box anyways. I have some plain ol' brown cardboard boxes that I'll be making a play maze for them.

Welcome! I think your guys are dark tans not chocolates. In any case they are super cute!

The breeder had told me that they were chocolates and I actually haven't seen a dark tan before, only light ones so I don't know the specific difference. But the pics are also a little dark, I'll try to see if i can take some better ones later.

Welcome to CnH! :))

From what I gather, a chocolate is very rare. It's a term that some people use incorrectly now. A dark tan, which is what you have, is not the same as a chocolate. But they are very cute regardless. I love dark tans and dark ebonies.

welcome!!!

and goodness, your name and their names make me hungry for cake!

:wave: Hello & welcome to CnH

Lovely chins you have there. :)

:welcome5:

Good luck with the new boys, they are very cute!
Do you mind if I ask which breeder in CA you got them from? I live in San Luis Obispo and I am always looking for good breeders :))

Thanks for all the welcomes :D

In reply to cmor1031, I got my chins from Margot of LA Chins, who is also the owner of the Bowen Chinchilla Ranch.

Latest posts

Back