Growth on amputated leg?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InkedupTara

Do the chinny shuffle!
Here is Tiny's nubbin. There is a little growth on it, is it just a skin tag? She doesnt seem to have it bother her when we touch it, but I thought I would ask, all the same
DSCI0097.jpg

Um it is on her leg ladies lol! The outside of her amputated leg. She has the back leg, just not the foot part of it.

Here is her leg when I first got her, It is fur covered now as you can see in the first picture but to give you and idea, of her leg. It is on the outside part of the bulb.
missyandIke010-1-1.jpg

I couldn't tell where it is! I just see fur and a skin thingy that's hanging off by your finger.

They do have nipples down a little lower on their bodies. Feel on the other side by the other leg...does it have the same growth? (I know...you think I am crazy, but see if maybe it's symmetrical.)

I love the modesty star! :p

No it isnt. It is a skin flap on the outter portion of her leg, no where near her stomach. It was not there last month.

No, she wouldn't have it on her leg. It's just that they have nipples low on the abdomen and I couldn't tell if the skin was just pulled over towards the leg or not from the pictures. It's just a little tag of skin as far as I can see. I wouldn't worry about it unless you see maybe an abscess forming under it.

It could be a small skin tag. Or, how long ago did she have the leg amputated? Was she stitched in that area? I've noticed small bumps forming over an area that is stitched towards the ends; where the vet typically knots the stitch.

If that wasn't where she was stitched/knotted I would keep an eye on it. If it should get bigger I'd have it looked at. While chins don't typically get cancer, it can be a possibility, or it can simply be a fatty tumor/deposit. Wouldn't hurt to watch it closely and if there are any changes(larger, change of color) have it looked at.

Ashley, Susan you are confusing poor Tiny chin with Peggy (Tunes.) Only Peggy can grow nipples on her feet/ankles. See copied post from her.
If it is indeed a nipple on her nubbin I'm sure Peggy would take her in so they can compare
2010, 04:50 PM United States
Vainglorious Megalomaniac

Chinchillas: 300'
There will be NO palpating. I realize you guys are all experienced with that, but I'm just going to have to put my foot down.

You guys will all just have to wait and see what happens, just like me. I did feel a fourth nipple sprouting on my left side though...............

Last edited:
Ashley, Susan you are confusing poor Tiny chin with Peggy (Tunes.) Only Peggy can grow nipples on her feet/ankles. See copied post from her.
2010, 04:50 PM United States
Vainglorious Megalomaniac

Chinchillas: 300'
There will be NO palpating. I realize you guys are all experienced with that, but I'm just going to have to put my foot down.

You guys will all just have to wait and see what happens, just like me. I did feel a fourth nipple sprouting on my left side though...............

Oh dear! I'm so sorry Tiny!!!

Thanks for the replies everyone :)

Her leg supposedly has been amputated since a few days after she was born. Or so I was told. It doesn't bother her so I will just keep an eye on it like suggested :)

Does anyone know, is it common for skin tags on chins?

The original story was, that when she was born, it was deformed or broke, so the mom started to chew it. So they took her in and amputated it. It is the weirdest nubbin I seen.

Paul said he thinks he remembers seeing it on her when we first got her. But who knows. I will keep an eye on her. Thanks again everyone. Susan I am sure you are right, with all that scar tissue.

Back